I keep having very lucid, freaky dreams.

Some of them aren't freaky, but SO REALISTIC. Like, I dont even realize im dreaming. Mostly about my mom. And last night, I had a really freaky dream about my apartment and when I woke up I started freaking out and went and laid down on the couch.

what is the point of lucid dreams? I'm sick of it! It always freaks me out! especially when creepy stuff happens in them. One of the most freakiest parts, is like im having an out of body experience. what is THAT about?! I can't really explain, except its like in movies where they are remembering stuff and its very odd and shaky and like, cloudy or whatever lol.

hmm lucid dreams.

well i know that in the korean cultures, seeing certain things (i.e a child, blood etc) signify feelings, worries, emotions, and more.

do you remember your dreams and its contents?

A lot of them is fighting with my mom or something happening with my boyfriend or just something stupid. sometimes they are creepy things im trying to escape. Just a lot of realistic things I deal with in my awake hours as well, they just follow me in my dreams. its very screwed up.

A lot of them is fighting with my mom or something happening with my boyfriend or just something stupid. sometimes they are creepy things im trying to escape. Just a lot of realistic things I deal with in my awake hours as well, they just follow me in my dreams. its very screwed up.

Obviously, you think about the fights and the concerns regarding your boyfriend. But before you go to sleep, try to think of something else, like...cute bunnies or a favorite vacation spot - anything positive. Focus on it intently! I read this in a psych textbook...people have the ability to bring their conscious memories into their subconsciousness. Adding your negative feelings, concerns into your thoughts interpret themselves as freakish nightmares. The brain is an eccentric organ before you take any medication or anything drastic like that, try thinking of one specific thing before sleeping.

Some of them aren't freaky, but SO REALISTIC. Like, I dont even realize im dreaming. Mostly about my mom. And last night, I had a really freaky dream about my apartment and when I woke up I started freaking out and went and laid down on the couch.

what is the point of lucid dreams? I'm sick of it! It always freaks me out! especially when creepy stuff happens in them. One of the most freakiest parts, is like im having an out of body experience. what is THAT about?! I can't really explain, except its like in movies where they are remembering stuff and its very odd and shaky and like, cloudy or whatever lol.

I have a lot of freaky dreams myself. Well, not freaky, but overtly sexual. I've even had sex in a few dreams, and in one, I tried to rape this girl I used to like (don't get me wrong, tho... I'm one of the few nice guys left on this planet; believe me)

I have other dreams where I visit my deceased father, which are usually some sort of astral projections. However, these are usually peaceful dreams (with a few exceptions)

Then again, dreams might just be one big subconscious dump.

Perhaps learn more about Lucid Dreaming and OBE and instead of letting them terrify you, use them to your advantage?

Oh yeah, a dreamcatcher might help. I have a tiny one, and I almost never (if ever) have any nightmares.

Hi there,

A lucid dream is when you realize you're dreaming, during a dream. Some people can control their dreams from that point. I used to be able to. Other people wake up right away.

You might just be having regular bad dreams. Have you had a lot on your mind lately? I seem to have more nightmares when I'm feeling stressed.

On the other hand, what you're going through might be something other than just regular bag dreams. The fact that you described an out of body experience makes me think that you might have a condition. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it's called but it's when part of your brain becomes conscious during dream sleep. So, you're awake but still experiencing dreams but you can't move because your body is naturally paralized when you're dreaming. It makes most people panic which causes their very very vivid dreams to become horrible nightmares.

You might want to look into that if it continues.

Good luck

If it is happening on a regular occurrence, I'd investigate what new items you have in your room or apartment that could possibly put you in a halucinagenic (sp??) state.

My cousin cut this pretty flower off the top of a grass tree (in Australia) and put it in his room. He then started having really powerful dreams, and after some investigation found that the flower had halucinagenic (sp??) properties.

Archived