Asking a person's age...........when should you do it?

Lowconfidence

Lemme see... If you LIKE someone, and are attracted to them, and they make you feel good when you are with them... You have a lot in common, and you can hold great conversations... Then why does it matter? At least for the time being?

So, if they're a bit younger than you figured... What? And if they're a bit older, are they all of a sudden any less attractive?

IMO it's NEVER appropriate to just outright ask "how old are you". You can creatively find out when opportunities arise to see a drivers' license, or add them to your facebook (since many people have a birthday up). Or ask when their birthday is. Or ask what Chinese sign they are and figure it out.

The chinese sign is the one I use most frequently.

you can always ask in a lame "good lord, how old are you? 10/60?" when an immature/mature situation arises and if they refuse to answer after that it's more than ok to follow-up with a question like "actually, how old are you, i cant remember asking?"

I can guarantee that'd work, or at least give you a ballpark figure.

Lemme see... If you LIKE someone, and are attracted to them, and they make you feel good when you are with them... You have a lot in common, and you can hold great conversations... Then why does it matter? At least for the time being?

So, if they're a bit younger than you figured... What? And if they're a bit older, are they all of a sudden any less attractive?

IMO it's NEVER appropriate to just outright ask "how old are you". You can creatively find out when opportunities arise to see a drivers' license, or add them to your facebook (since many people have a birthday up). Or ask when their birthday is. Or ask what Chinese sign they are and figure it out.

The chinese sign is the one I use most frequently.

It matters to a lot of people. Especially because minors can look and seem a lot older than they are. No one wants to catch a case because they didn't ask how old you are.

IMO, I agree with the above poster that it's a relevant question, and I don't consider it rude. If someone gets offended when asked their age, IMO, they're a little too sensitive.

"How old are you?" is one of the first things I would ask if I struck up a conversation with some new guy. Age matters to me. He might look 25, but in reality be 17 or 35. You can't always tell.

It matters a lot to me. Just as height matters to a lot of women, and weight matters to a lot of guys.

Ask in sly ways, never outright ask. Ask what year they graduated or reminisce about your past and say something like 'man i remember when blah blah, but I was only 16 then' etc... be sneaky.

My fave is to have them guess my age, I look a lot younger, so I work it into conversation, then they want me to do it back and I act all hesitant, and give the 'well women can look any age they want, you guys are tricksy', then I make a rough guess on the young side and they laugh and thank me...

If they mention having to get up early the next morning to catch their schoolbus, it would probably be a good idea to ask at that point

But, seriously age is one of those things that you can tactfully ask at just about any point in the very early "getting to know you" conversations.

If they mention having to get up early the next morning to catch their schoolbus, it would probably be a good idea to ask at that point

But, seriously age is one of those things that you can tactfully ask at just about any point in the very early "getting to know you" conversations.

LMAO!! niiice..yeah I think being nosey and asking them in the 1st 2 min is alot better than trying to explain it to Dateline or the cops, lol.

Nowadays, you HAVE to ask..have you seen some of the females lately..especially the "co-eds"

Archived