Girls, on the first day or so of your period, do you feel like not doing a thing?

So yesterday, my period started, light (barely even needing a panty liner) and fine. wasnt cramping or anything. But today I woke up, full blown period, cramping and ever since last night I have been SO exhausted. It just takes everything out of me. I so wish guys understood periods. lol I got plenty of sleep but I am still SO tired. I even started falling asleep last night at like 10, which I never do because i'm a night owl.

Ergh. The first day. When you're sitting on the sofa or your bed with your legs curled up and closely as possible, with a pillow or two to hug and a longing for spooning

How I ever lived before discovering you could take ibuprofen at the same time as paracetamol I don't know.

sorry if im wrong but its not like girls dont use it, at least at my school, whenever a girl dissappears for a week they blame it and en mass. a girl in my mates class used her period as an excuse to skip school 3 times in 1 month. now unless im mistaken girls' menstrual cycles dont run parrallel to those of rabbits

omg i know you feel! i started a thread about pms a couple days ago too. i am in so much pain i can't even lay down comfortably, but i'm so tired that all i want to DO is lay down! it varies from month to month, but generally i get knocked out.

i've only gotten this way in the last few years, but when i was younger (like middle school), i never understood why some girls had to sit out PE. now i know!

While some girls will use it to their advantage, it's because quite often it is crippling pain. I still find it so strange to take a step back and look at what happens - we bleed every month for A WEEK and it's completely normal. And it's so often ridiculed as girls being overdramatic, but there is nothing at all that can compare to the pain women endure in day to day life. Periods whether you have children or not, if you do, labour, and then once you finish periods, hot flushes and worse moods and the rest of it. Ergh.

I am actually exhausted the first two weeks before my period..Yikes..And very cranky, and sometimes feel like everyone is out to get me...I must be such a thrill to be around...That leaves me two weeks out of the month to feel normal...yikes...

While some girls will use it to their advantage, it's because quite often it is crippling pain. I still find it so strange to take a step back and look at what happens - we bleed every month for A WEEK and it's completely normal. And it's so often ridiculed as girls being overdramatic, but there is nothing at all that can compare to the pain women endure in day to day life. Periods whether you have children or not, if you do, labour, and then once you finish periods, hot flushes and worse moods and the rest of it. Ergh.

ya ugh. so unfair! what do men get!! nothing!!!!!

AHHHHH GRRRRRRRR

yes, i usually never wanna do anything or anyone to touch me.

sorry if im wrong but its not like girls dont use it, at least at my school, whenever a girl dissappears for a week they blame it and en mass. a girl in my mates class used her period as an excuse to skip school 3 times in 1 month. now unless im mistaken girls' menstrual cycles dont run parrallel to those of rabbits

you are not a girl. you get NO say lol. You have NO clue what it is like. It is NOT an excuse with most girls. We are not over dramatizing it.

Archived