Saw the film "teeth" and it got me thinking

Hello, ok I am sure a lot of you have either heard about or seen the film Teeth. Those of you that don't know the plot;-

-Girl doesn't want sex until marriage

-Girl meets guy he tries to rape her

-She has teeth in her vagina that bite a certain appendage off

-Teeth bite Gynaecolgists fingers off when she gets checked out

-Such events keep happening.

(Google for more details)

It was so weird I told my sister about it, and she said it was a very common phobia that women might have something inside them such as teeth. And this is what the play right chose to exploit.

I was just wondering if this is as common as she claimed, or if anyone here suffered from such a fear, or if anyone in general knew anything about the subject.

Thanks

Jon

Never heard of it or thought of it.

Although it would be great to have teeth just in case a guy does try to rape you. They would retract for times you want to have sex, but be there in times you don't.

ditto! i want teeth there now! think they do that surgery?

Haven't seen the movie, but do vaguely remember seeing a movie where a psychotherapy patient was looking at an ink blot and thought it was an angry, aggressive vagina with teeth.

The thought of having to brush and floss a vagina with teeth kind of weirds me out. And trips to the dentist are already unsettling enough as it is

I've heard that it is a common fear. I'm not sure where I remember hearing it/reading it exactly...but I think I've heard/read about it more than once. Of course, I remember in first grade being shown a play about Coyote and two daughters with teeth down south. Something about their mother cursed them and they ate travelers that way... Anyways, having a play like that properly freaked out first graders and this is why I might consider the fear common!

This may not be such a myth.

There is an anti-rape device being trialled in South Africa that works like teeth.

link removed

I am surprised at the response from women's groups! Yes, it's sad that women have to be made to adapt to rape... But apparently in some parts of the world they do! THAT is the crime, not this device. And I agree, if even just the fear of it prevents one ******* from raping one innocent victim, it's a wonderful product.

Personally, I've always had luck employing a protection-trained dog who creates sparks on a potential attacker's fly with steel-capped canine teeth... Similar idea, of sorts. ;-)

This may not be such a myth.

There is an anti-rape device being trialled in South Africa that works like teeth.

link removed

That's a great invention! Maybe it should be standard issue for college freshmen women.

Likening it to a chastity belt is a little far fetched, chastity belts were forced on the woman and often locked into place, this is a choice made by the woman. Rape is horrible, adaptation is not. Adaptation in this case means protecting themselves until society finally makes rape a thing of the past. Denying protection or determent from rape is a good thing is counter productive. Penile injury may cause violence against the victim, but who is to say that that violence wouldn't occur in conjunction with the rape?

Archived