Worked things out with boyfriend but....

summerpeach

i can completely understand... everyone's torlence level is different... it is easy for me to tell you here.. but if i were in your shoe... i would probably be very tired... no one can be saved unless they want to be... and there is no point going around with a rescue mission... it is only going to flop... there is only so much we can do... we can bring a cow to the river, but we cant force the cow to drink the water.. you can throw a life bouy to someone who is drowning... but if he doesnt want to hold on to it, it is completely useless..

what is your plan? he is your bf's son... which means he is going to stay in your life as long as your bf is in your life..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My plan! Good question! I have no plan. Part of me wants to run for the hills, the other wants to just enjoy my companionship and ignore the rest.

I live alone, don't ever want to live with anyone nor do I want to get married.

My future with him or anyone would be the same.

I think what I need to do is let go of his issues and make it very clear to him that the subject of his kids is off limits. If he needs or asks for help, then I'll help, but I need to not get involved in his family life.

His entire family are strange. I have my own life, my own worries and my own family (my neice is dying) to worry about.

I'm very confused

For me, personally I could never be seriously involved with someone - emotionally intimate -- and draw a boundary like that. Nor would I accept that situation if it were the other way around. There should be a compromise position I would think.

Archived