Black beans

I just buy em in a can. I know - but I'm lazy.

Then you can cook them down to make a simple dip. Some garlic, little citrus juice, little oil if you feel like it. Or to put in wraps or burritos.

Or throw them in a soup.

In a salad.

I'm not big on recipes so sorry.

Black bean sauce is a classic - you could check that out. Make your own so you can skip on all the sugar and salt. I've had a 'chunky' black bean sauce and it was really good!

You can use it to marinate, or cook with - tofu, meat, veggies.

I love black beans. I have a recipe for Black Bean/Chick Pea/couscous salad which basically involves mixing a tin of rinsed black beans, a tin of rinsed chick peas (you can use corn or any other type of bean), sliced shallots (green onions), sliced red pepper and whole wheat (or regular) cooked couscous. It then gets covered with a vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper).

Another recipe I like is a black bean dip which is at tin of rinsed black beans, reduced calorie mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. This gets blended in a food processor to form a paste. Good for dipping vegetables and mini whole wheat pitas. If you want the actual recipes you can PM me.

i used to buy beans in a can but i dunno.. i read somewhere it's best not to since this is very unhealthy not sure why. but they tasted way better then when i tried to cook em lol!

link removed

you can use this in burritos which is my fave. add some shredded lettuce, diced tomoato, sour cream, green pepper if you wish and you're done really. you can add shredded cheese if you like.

make 2 burrito's so you can use the whole tomato and get a veggie in for the day.

Archived