Straight edge/Vegan natural remedies?

Brittanyxvx

Boys *roles eyes* lol.

Chamomile (I have no idea on spelling) tea is supposed to be calming to be body. Try that before sleep and it might help with insomnia as well as anxiety.

There are also some herbal things in health food shops generally that claim to work.

I'm not 100% sure if they do or not, but its all in the believe they do right? Besides you'll never know if you don't try.

Mum used to take Valerian (once again spelling - who created these words lol) and she swore by the stuff for calming her down.

my bf used to be straight edge. Still is a very principled person. Both of us are strict vegetarians and don't drink or smoke.

Take care of your vitamin B12 intake if you are on a vegan diet. There are plenty of vitamin supplements that are vegetarian (I mean without fish oil or gelatin). But you may have more difficulty in finding those without any animal ingredients.

Valerian can help you sleep. I think that exercising regularly and eating a lot of fruit and nuts is probably the best in battling insomnia and depression.

Take care

Yeah, there's a lot to choose from really.

Yoga.

Regular exercise.

Herbs - chinese traditional medicine, including acupuncture and massage

Relaxation techniques

Social support

Good old fashioned therapy does not mean you must take drugs or prescription.

If a therapist were to push it on you, or a doctor, find another one.

Since starting back up with yoga, I really notice how much it decreases my tensions and anxieties that build up through the day.

There's meditation, too.

If you are dealing with something serious tho and not just every day problems, I'd go see a doctor. You don't have to take medication, but it's good to know what exactly you are dealing with and the severity.

Food as medication is an option too. Even if your diet is a healthy one - sometimes tweaking it one way or another as far as balance can be helpful.

Thank you everyone.=]

I do meditation and yoga almost daily.

I've heard of St. John's Wort, I may have to try it.

I haven't heard much on Vitamin b12..

Or chamomile. (sp?)

Thank you all for reading and taking the time to

post a suggestion. I appreciate it. =]

I'm also thinking it has something to do with my

not being in the sun ever. Which I don't plan on changing,

I mean I'm going to need a vitamin for that too,

because I really avoid going outside during daylight.

You physically NEED sunlight, about 15 minutes a day is sufficient (but NECESSARY). Why are you avoiding sunlight? I am not talking about sunbathing, but just a healthy walk in the morning.

Not to mention that your sleep hormones are partially regulated by day/night (light/lack thereof). Nothing wakes you up better than natural daylight, no lamp can compete with that I think.

So, if you combine the insights of the posts on this thread, take care of your overall vitamin/protein (eat nuts/avocados/bananas/coconut) intake, and do yoga in your garden at dawn.

Thank you everyone.=]

I do meditation and yoga almost daily.

I've heard of St. John's Wort, I may have to try it.

I haven't heard much on Vitamin b12..

Or chamomile. (sp?)

Thank you all for reading and taking the time to

post a suggestion. I appreciate it. =]

I'm also thinking it has something to do with my

not being in the sun ever. Which I don't plan on changing,

I mean I'm going to need a vitamin for that too,

because I really avoid going outside during daylight.

Is there a reason you avoid the sun? Because this isn't healthy. Our circadian rhythm is based on the sun. There have also been studies done that show that lack of sunlight could be linked to depression.

Archived