Problems with "fake problems"

I am female and 15 years of age; my name isn't of any importance. I live a relatively normal life. I live with my mother, father, brother, sister, and grandmother. Every family has there flaws. I often fight with my younger brother and my father and I does not have the best relationship together. My sister and I get along well I think because she is 10 years older and I get along with that age group better. I have a fairly small amount of friends. I am not too fond of people, society, government, or religions. I guess people would place me in the "Goth" scene because of my choice of clothing and music type. I am not the best looking person but I am often called "cute".

For the last two years I think I have been craving attention, unconscious. I would/will let things get the best of me so that I would be in a depressed state. I got into cutting. If I get frustrated or angry I would/will take it out on myself. I know that's not right but I did it anyways. I have been doing it two years off and on. Early on I would use just my nails or paperclips. The first time I used a razor on myself I got caught by my mother. That wasn't fun. I have no intention of killing myself but I do think about it. I seem to put myself into situations that could lead to problems. I have finally let myself realize that I envy people with real problem and conditions or disorders. I try to make myself believe that I have these. I am not sure if this has a name of it's own but I believe it would be considered a problem. Maybe I just hope it is a problem. I don't have much trust in the way I think anymore and I don't think I could tell people about my problem with fake problems because I might lie without realizing it. I am quite confused and I don't know what I should do. I really do think I need help.

hey im 17 years old, and i usto do that all the time, but now i really have a lot of problems in my life, theres no possible way i could lie. i think your just craving attention, maybe you need to start dating, or hang with your friends more. it seems out of that category but i think thats the best solution, when you catch yourself about to lie, than say nevermind. try to block it out as much as you can, if you want to talk to me my sn is jessro6. id be glad to talk to you more about things on there...

my life right now is really hard, but thats life, you live and you learn, just make sure you dont lie and get yourself or someone ELSE in trouble...

honey i wouldnt say you need help, you just need to occupy yourself more... just take things easy!

Hi there. I am 21 yrs old and when I was about your age up until maybe 19 or so, I had felt many of the things that you described. I'm not sure why, maybe I envied the attention that others got for havig problems. I also felt that given my childhood past, I was supposed to be this way. depressed and rebellious. But then I found myself. I got so sick and tired of lying and pretending. I wanted to know who I was and my true feelings. I am still trying to find myself and I think I am in the final stages of this whole process. Sometimes I catch myself resulting to bad habits, but I simply stop in my tracks and tell myself I am not that person. The depression hasn't completely subsided, but I think that as loong as I head down this road, I will get to where I want to be. I know you will probably HATE to hear this because i would have when I was in the same place as you, but I think it is a phase that a lot of people go through, and we are not abnormal or different for craving attention and going about it this way. Many people do. Try to focus on your inner self and as much as you dont want to admit to certain things about yourself, you will have a better understanding and feel wonderful in the end if you do. I hope this was of help.

You need to find something to occupy your time and mind.

You could pick up a new hobby, mingle more with friends, or simply go out and get some good books or CDs. What's important is for you to have a focus in life. You are tormenting yourself partly because you feel lost, seemingly to have no purpose in life.

That is not true. Everyone does. We all have our objectives. Keep your head and self esteem up! Pls take care of yourself.