How do you get over someone???

Hey, I am at a controversy. A few months ago my ex-boyfriend chose his career over me. I can't stop thinking about him, no matter what I do…. Things got to be so screwed up that there could never be a future with us again. Everything seemed so right… He was studying to be an international lawyer, at the time he asked me to move with him internationally… Then he changed his mind, once he realized that I have my own goals and plans… But the thing was he failed the Bar exam and he didn't move, at least not yet… Then we started communicating, and then I just thought that he was talking to me because he failed… That's just when I did some things to cut him out of my life completely… A year before I met him, I went to a palm reader, she said that I would meet the one in a year, then see him again in five to six years…. I met him exactly a year later. Palm Reading could just be a scam to make a buck… But when I first met him, I immediately thought that he was the one, sparks just flew…. I had dated him for a years time, before all of this happened… I really don't know what to do, I know the palm reading can't be true, it just can't be… I just can't stop thinking about him… It is affecting my dating life because I'm not over someone who I was truly happy and in love with… Any suggestions, on how to get over a lost love?

The feelings after breakup are sheer hell. All I can say is that it takes time to get over things. But even that is no guarantee that we would ever be completely healed. I know this may sound trite but, can you forgive him for his selfish actions? It might help put into perspective your goodwill, maybe take away your worry, and realise that (despite the hurt) you were not to blame. At the end of the day, you still have yourself.

Personally I can't remain friends or even maintain contact with someone that I loved. Keep doing things to keep yourself busy (thing that don't remind you of him of course). Spend time with friends, meet new people. Over time these intense feelings will pass and you will not think about him so often and eventually not at all, but please keep in mind this will take time...Depending on how much you loved him it may take a long time to get completely "over" him.

Take care, good luck!