What does it all mean? I really don't know.

DaXMan

Ok just to indroduce you to the situation this isn't exactly about a girl I like at the moment, but someone I used to like a long while ago. A lot of weird things have happened in the past couple of days, and I have absolutely no clue what it all means, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me.

First, when I told the girl I liked her, she said no (obviously or else I wouldn't be making a post). She also said then don't count on anything happening for a while between us. That leads into...

I found out she has a bf that's two years older than us and is a Senior at our HS. (she's my age) Sure enough, my friend (not one of my closest, but a friend) is teh bf's brother. The other day, he asked if I "liked" the girl that his brother's going out with. After he asked that, another kid who was in on the conversation and knows more about it than me asked me what I would do if I liked her and she liked me, but she's going out with my friend's brother. Wouldn't she only "like" her bf and not anyone else, especially if that person feels she definitely does not "like" him?

Now in school with her bf: The most romantic thing I saw them do was SO romantic-he touched her arm while passing in the hallway. WOW. Real romantic for a couple that's been going out for probably 3-4 weeks. And I see her a lot during the day too. I also see that she is looking in my direction a little more often than she used to. And, another one of my friends was dumb enough to ask me if I liked her-right in front of her! I didn't say yes or no, but for some reason, she was beaming a little and she has told me she has no feelings for me in the near past. That brings me to the most confusing part of all.....

At school, we don't talk to each other that much even though we see one another a few times a day, also mentioned above. Actually, we are more aquaintances than friends and I've only really known her for a few months. But when we're online, we talk for a long while and she is very open towards me. We talk about things that happened that day and some other interseting things (I try to point the conversation at her and not me). Once, she was asking me questions like if I ever kissed a girl before, how far I've gone (think "bases") and so on in that topic. She told me she's just curious, but I'm pretty sure those aren't your everyday questions.

Bottom line: My guess is that she does not "like" me right now. (I'm athletic and stronger, but she doesn't toch my arm or shoulder or anything) I don't truly "like" her right now either (just as friends), but I would go out with her if she asked.

P.S I have no idea what this all means. I also know though that she has had dating experience and is way too smart to show any obvious signs of affection, even harder ones. She also is a master of hiding her true emotion at times. If anyone knows what this means, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks a ton.

Hey Da X Man

Sounds like your o.k. You may be reading some things into your emotions. You are the one I would suggest to do the asking out. If she is talking to you on-line I'm pretty sure she likes you. I do not talk on-line with people I do not like or have something in common with. The question is does she have a boyfriend ? You said this guy has been with her 3 or 4 weeks. You really would not know what the two of them have unless you ask her. You can ask her when she is on-line, she is asking you some pretty personal questions. So you can do the same. If she says she has a boyfriend. Well then you want to compete with this guy. I do not compete with other guys. I call that a triangle. I have never seen anything good to this day come from a triange relationship. So just ask her ? She will give you a answer. If it is "NO boyfriend. Then go for it and ask her out.

You will figure this one out ! You will be fine.

Kuhl

well, apart from the stuff kuhl said, only advice i can give you is,

balance the conversations out, talking online, on the phone, and in school, don't make the mistake of only talking to her online, that's not good, trust me.

because what might happen is, you two will get really close by talking online all the time, and then you think "oh, i'm close to her... i think i'd be ready to go out with her" and she'd think the same, but then when it comes to hanging out a lot, you won't be used to being around her that much, and it will feel really weird, you know?

so also talk to her in school.

Hey Da X Man

If she is talking to you on-line I'm pretty sure she likes you. Kuhl

I don't know if she really "likes" me only because we talk to each other online. Mabe we talk as friends, but I don't think that would be too much of an indication that she has feelings for me.

Hey Da X Man

The question is does she have a boyfriend ? You said this guy has been with her 3 or 4 weeks. You really would not know what the two of them have unless you ask her. You can ask her when she is on-line, she is asking you some pretty personal questions. Kuhl

I'm pretty sure she is going out with him, only I don't see them holding hands down the hallway or even really indicating they're "together in school." I see the girl a lot during the day, so I'm not missing much during school. I will ask her about it though, but only if she brings something up first.

Hey Da X Man

Well then you want to compete with this guy. I do not compete with other guys. I call that a triangle. I have never seen anything good to this day come from a triange relationship. Kuhl

Why do you want me to do something you wouldn't do, especially if nothing good comes out of it? Anyway, I know this guy and I get along with him.

don't make the mistake of only talking to her online, that's not good, trust me.

because what might happen is, you two will get really close by talking online all the time, and then you think "oh, i'm close to her... i think i'd be ready to go out with her" and she'd think the same, but then when it comes to hanging out a lot, you won't be used to being around her that much, and it will feel really weird

This is good-I will start trying to get to know her more in school, but I'll talk to her online as well.

First, when I told the girl I liked her, she said no (obviously or else I wouldn't be making a post). She also said then don't count on anything happening for a while between us.

That's the one thing that's really stopping me here. I did this a while ago, but not too long ago. If its December now and I did this 3 or so months ago, when would be a good time to try it again? (if she's single then)

-The other day, he asked if I "liked" the girl that his brother's going out with. After he asked that, another kid who was in on the conversation and knows more about it than me asked me what I would do if I liked her and she liked me, but she's going out with my friend's brother. Wouldn't she only "like" her bf and not anyone else, especially if that person feels she definitely does not "like" him?

-I also see that she is looking in my direction a little more often than she used to. And, another one of my friends was dumb enough to ask me if I liked her-right in front of her! I didn't say yes or no, but for some reason, she was beaming a little and she has told me she has no feelings for me in the near past.

-Once, she was asking me questions like if I ever kissed a girl before, how far I've gone (think "bases") and so on in that topic. She told me she's just curious, but I'm pretty sure those aren't your everyday questions.

These are the main things that are confusing me though. Based on the two quotes of mine that kind of contradict one another along with what kuhl282000 and indee_vidual said, what do you guys think about averything now?

P.S-Thanks for the advice so far.