Why are WE here????

I believe Max posted a topic that had a similiar title. This kind of sparked my interest in people's just general beliefs in things. I suppose I will try and start off so you all get the point.

State your religion

State your sex

State your age

State your relationship situation (are you in a relationship, just out of a relationship, or just plain ol' single?)

Why are we here?

What is our purpose as humans?

Religion: Athiest

Sex: Male

Relationship: 1 month relationship so far..

Why are we here?

I believe we are just what science says, we are in a sense a fluke. Some atoms in space luckily collided creating our planet just as any other planet is created. And miraculously an environment was formed and then animals began evolution as organisms started generating small lifeless things which soon started the creation of animals. I don't know about the big bang theory, but I believe that something relative to it occurred. I believe that it is a cycle that occurs over billions of years. Why are we here, because we were a fluke of nature. Whats our purpose? There is no purpose, we are like a rabbit or a duck or a moose or a cow, they are here to just live. They were miraculously brought into this world, they have no other purpose. Why do we need a purpose? I think we as humans just think too much, we hold ourselves too high as intelligent beings. We create everything we believe. If we didn't we would be like lions, just running around, probably in herds, attacking animals to eat, and rest alot. So why do we believe alot of the things.

State your religion: Agnostic/neo-pagan (complicated)

State your sex: Female

State your age: 28

State your relationship situation (are you in a relationship, just out of a relationship, or just plain ol' single?): Separated

Why are we here?

I don't know, or pretend to know, if there was any original purpose to humans being here beyond pure chance. That said, I do think as individuals not having a specific purpose as a race is no excuse not to have personal goals and a purpose in your own life. I know some people aspire to make changes to the world, or the condition or a country or disease. I tend to think of things a bit backwards, that if everyone set a more personal and lower, so to speak, purpose, of just making a difference to at least one other person, the rest would end up sorting itself out by default.

I believe we are here to learn many many lessons and to help and love one other. If you are interested in that sort of mind boggeling question. You may want to read "Many Lives Many Masters" You can get it or order it at any Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstore. Make sure you read the forword and the Bio. You will see things in a different light. Trust me on that one. It changed my whole life. It will blow your mind.

Enjoy

Kuhl[/b]

State your religion: no affiliation/ atheist

State your sex: Female

State your age: 15

State your relationship situation (are you in a relationship, just out of a relationship, or just plain ol' single?): 2 month bf

Why are we here?

I think we're just here and that's it *as shallow as it sounds* As human beings we must live according to rules to be able to work efficiently as a community, religion contains many of these behavioral rules *that's why i respect them so much*...but it does piss me off when people try to impose their religion on you like if they were advertising something...claiming that they have converted you into the "truth..." but let's not get into that.

I think we do have a commitment to one another. The word "love" says it all. I've always said, "organize your thoughts and think what you feel, for the most intense and temporary of all feelings is passion; the permanent feeling isn't really a feeling, but a decision: love" if you love and are loved then you won't hurt or get hurt, and if you get hurt unintentionally then love will enable you to forgive and be forgiven. that's our purpose: love. *sounds corny, but true*

State your religion: Not really affiliated but follow the buddhist philosophys

State your sex: Male

State your age: 20

State your relationship situation: Been dating a girl for about three weeks

Why are we here?: I don't really have an answer to thi because there is no answer. I don't believe there is any divine plan or fate or any f that crap. And I certainly don't think thta our only goals are survival or reproduction (which is our purpose, see below) yet there is something for everybody that drives them to exist. If you have no sense of purpose than you're in trouble and you better find one.

What is our purpose as humans?: Thats a tough one. I guess one could easily say that are purpose is to follow our instincts as the reality of it all is that we are animals. I believe that the two primary human instincts are survival and reproduction. Yet we are a little more advanced because we bring with us the power of creation. But most people never use this ability and only seek to survive (make money). Then many other people fall into a category of wanting to get married and have a family (reproduction). So I really don't think that people in general have much more purpose other than survival and reproduction.

hey

State your religion: erm im an agnostic

State your sex: female

State your age: turning 16

State your relationship situation: free and single

Why are we here?:

because the great man we called God forgot just once to use protection and then an epidemic of life started off and so we all have now to live on this earth, and they tell us about protection!!!

What is our purpose as humans?:

to follow in the great foot steps of God and live life to its fullest.

noone has to take on these views, its just my opinion,

~LJ =;

hey.

fair play to just_smile, i guess i can see where your coming from, and politically correct in the sense of recreating. so ok. and nice to see what everyone else had to say. great topic!

hey

State your religion: erm im an agnostic

State your sex: female

State your relationship situation: in a relationship, doing great thanks for asking.

Why are we here?:

i feel that we are all here in some sense to find our destiny, to find out what others before never did and were only days away from doing so. i think that we are here t make a change in what people views are on what we are to become. change and evolution, the right of speech and new development. to gain from our experiances and make use of new technology. to find what we have always been looking for and to conquer what it could be seen as our ambitions.

What is our purpose as humans?:

to be who you want to be, become who you believe you should be, live life to its greatest and enjoy who you are, meet people you learn to love, and make as one would say a family that god never gave us to start with.

also pretty much what i put in the above comment and section.

thats my opinion anyways, love to keep track on others thoughts.

kel

noone has to take on these views, its just my opinion

kel

State your religion: none (long story)

State your sex: Male

State your age: 21

State your relationship situation (are you in a relationship, just out of a relationship, or just plain ol' single?): separated by the war in Iraq

Why are we here? Humm good question it is veary hard to say why are we here. I beleve that somthing happned that by some ramdon chance that life started on this plant.

What is our purpose as humans? I dont think as a race there is a purpose for us being here. But just give us some time and we will make a purpose that is what us humans are good at.

Age-doesnt matter...sex-doesnt matter...what matters-Im a christian!

None of yall have a really plain out simple answer. Yall all say, well something relating to something, by luck or chance. yall are wrong. We came from god?! Thats all there is too it. I mean i honestly dont want yall to burn in hell, so please go get a bible and maybe just read a couple pages. I mean that is proven stuff in there. And it makes so much since, just read the chapter proverbs or psalms or something. maybe even genises. please, just give it a fair chance!

Age-doesnt matter...sex-doesnt matter...what matters-Im a christian!

None of yall have a really plain out simple answer. Yall all say, well something relating to something, by luck or chance. yall are wrong. We came from god?! Thats all there is too it. I mean i honestly dont want yall to burn in hell, so please go get a bible and maybe just read a couple pages. I mean that is proven stuff in there. And it makes so much since, just read the chapter proverbs or psalms or something. maybe even genises. please, just give it a fair chance!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!

oh BTW

age- personal

sex- female

Religion- TOTAL CHRISTIAN