Am I afraid of being rejected? - Damn straight Skippy

doorik

People always say that I have a negative outlook on love and relationships and that I will eventually find someone that will alter this outlook. The main explanation given by the fairer sex of my now "always say die attitude" is that i just have a fear of rejection. There is one simple response to that accusation.

Damn straight Skippy.

After asking countless girl after countless girl out on dates i have come to the conclusion that i have been brow-beaten into silence by constant rejection. Many guys will eagerly step into a ring against an opponent twice their size before they'll consider asking a girl they're attracted to out for dinner. A girl can put a guy in a world of hurt and no matter how fast or skilled he is, he'll never avoid it. Flesh and bones heal, blood is cheap and pain is free, but the heart is a different matter. There's nothing poetic or sappy about it; when a guy asks out a girl, especially one he is emotionally attracted to, he is peeling away his armour and forfeiting any sort of defence. When the blade sinks, it sinks deep.

I've witnessed guys the size of houses who were unafraid of rabid dogs take three hours to work up the nerve to talk to a girl, only to be humiliated right there while they're totally defenceless. It's almost comical watching guys that big wilt under the merciless tongue of a girl a third their size. But the looks on their faces, the ones you usually see morbidly frozen on road kill, aren't. I now realize that it too much to risk for such a small return

Well. as a girl, i admit that we are interesting creatures. There is a rule book, and it's subject to change whenever we feel it needs to be changed, and men are hardly made aware of the change. Our logic isn't always rational, even though we believe it to be. We can be fickle, and moody, and when a girl is with her friends....eeeh.

So, being turned down by girl after girl says something about the girls for one. If a girl all high and mighty on her horse decides that because you look a certian way you are stricken from her dating book, well thats shallow. However, i do believe that there has to be some level of sexual attraction if your first meeting someone...

millions of women out there....just have to try and try again. it hurts, but, you know, even girls get turned down.

Happy hunting.

It doesnt take a FEW rejections by girls to feel depressed, it only takes one. Believe me, I know. You build up all this self confidence over YEARS and in an instant they tell you to F*** off and you feel like killing yourself. (Ya, and that's not the worst that can happen right?)

Rejection, ahhh. Aren't we all afraid of it? As a female I know that we can be very unpredictable and sometimes might leave a guy saying "what?". It sounds like you have been hurt pretty badly.

Perhaps when you meet someone you are interested in it would be better to take it slowly instead of putting all of your hopes into it right away. If you come on too strong immediately, this could push a girl away. I know that it's hard to leave yourself open and vulnerable. But if you don't take some sort of a chance you could be passing up the opportunity to meet the person that is right for you. Listen to yourself when dating, you'll know after the first few dates if there is a common connection between you.