LadyInWaiting

Hey all, just feeling a little heartbroken right now, so I thought I'd share my feelings with you guys, maybe set some thing straight in my mind.

See, I've had a crush on my co-worker for about 2 years now. Last year, there was rumor going around that he was dating someone else at work. Since I didn't see him often, I didn't worry about it and didn't really thing much about him.

Well, this past spring, I started working in his department. So I saw him everyday. We talked on and off and got to know each other a little better. He said that he did not have a girlfriend. And over the past month, we became kinda flirty. So I thought he was really liking me. So I started to let my mind wander... and I figured that this could be someone that I could fall in love with.

Well, I found out from my boss today that his girlfriend is pregnant and they are planning to get married. I was totally shocked! But I kept my cool (didn't get upset and didn't cry... although the not crying was really hard). So I sent up a prayer to God and asked Him to please take my heartache away. I figured I'd have a good cry on the way home or when I got home. But you know, I don't feel like crying. I'm just kind of numb.

I saw him at work today (before I found out everything) but he'd didn't come over to my area to talk to me. So now I have to deal with seeing him and possibly talking to him tomorrow. Do I tell him Congratulations? I don't know if I'll even be able to say the word. I've only got four more weeks in his department before I transfer, and I would rather he not talk to me at all. It's not so much that he had a girlfriend, but that he lied. I understand that he was trying to protect himself, but what was with all the flirting this past month!

Thanks for hearing me out. I feel a little better. Feel free to respond. I'd love to know what other people think.

I also posted to your original post.

Just wanted to say agian that I am sorry it didnt work out for you.

A few days you were looking for answers to whether or not he was the one for you, it seems the higher powers have made that decision for you, understand?

He was not meant to be for you, there is someone else,

When one door closes, another will open. it always does, you just need t be looking in the right direction. hint: look ahead.

I would have to say, dont confront him, let him be the man to come to you and "explain". if he doesnt come, then dont worry, youll move on to a new location and wont have to deal with him again. he is history now.

I know your sad, but now you know, and you will lift your spirits soon, and when you do, when you least expect it, you will see someone new thats interested in you, and you can take it from there.

my only suggestions:

* Even though its convinient, its not a good idea to date co-workers.

* When you do finally find someone interested in you, that you like, dont

wait so long to show him how you feel.

* And never ever, get involved with someone that has another girl or has

recently broken up withing the last 8 months. dont fall for that, "I am not really in love with her, i just dont want to hurt her feelings, im gonna leave her soon" speech.

good luck on your new position. take care.

I think God is looking out for you. This guy wasn't honest with you and he got a girl pregnant out of wedlock. This guy has a lot of growing up to do and believe me, God is forcing his hand in the matter.

I wouldn't say anything about it to the guy. Back away from him.

God built you a fence to protect you from him, don't tear it down.