Lost, No Idea What to Do ?

Ecliptic

Well here I am again,

Im sure that anyone that has been reading my post have been well holding on to their chair as to what may happen next. Well its like this now that things have subsided for the last 5 days and both of us given some time to think. Well I called her last night and said that the friends thing was okay with me.. I mean what else could I do ? She seemed a bit taken with it... and even went as far as to say that she missed me Saturday Evening... how am I suppose to deal with this if things like that happen... Now the dilemea im in is what to do this Friday Night. I have a huge Christmas Party to attend and well I've already asked a friend of mine from like 4 yrs ago. The problem arises because my x/gf's cousin, the one who set us up will be there and I guess she was expecting both of us to be there as well... Im confused as to what I should do... My mother and father agree that what she did was wrong and well so do my 2 brothers... Its just that well im not sure where we stand... are we still together .. are we not together... I have no idea what to think of this whole situation...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey Ecliptic,

Well I called her last night and said that the friends thing was okay with me.. I mean what else could I do ?

Only do what you are comfortable with, don't just do something because you think its what she wants and you don't know what else to do.

When she says things like she misses you, take it as that and nothing more. Try to not analyze the situation because that only frustrates you more. She could be saying things like that because, yes she does miss you but, also possibly thinks she can get you to say how you feel if she responds positively and says things she believes you'll want to hear.

I have a huge Christmas Party to attend and well I've already asked a friend of mine from like 4 yrs ago.

I say go with the friend you have already promised you'd go with. She is most likely extremely excited about going with you and looking forward to a fun night. I personally think you'll have a much better time with the friend than with the ex, just because of the situation thats going on right now.

Your family is right, she was wrong in doing what she did, and now confusing you even more by acting like she wants to be back with you.

Ask her, write her a letter, call her or something and have her tell you what she wants to do, where you 2 stand and how serious she is about you. Thats the only way you'll know for sure. Tell her to say whats on her mind, not what she thinks you want to hear. Let her know that you are going with your friend (if thats your decision) if she asks about the Christmas party.

Do what you feel is best, I hope all goes well

Wishing the best,

Justagirl