Relationship problems

dgh1980

Hello,

I am new to this so bare with me. I am experiencing a problem with my GF of 18 months. Yesterday she told me that she loves me, but isn't in love with me at the moment. The problem started about 8 months ago. We purchased a property together and I became very focused on our finances to the point where we stopped having fun and I was controlling of her money. During this time, we suffered, but the results of my actions weren't apparent to me at the time (she didn't actively tell me there was a problem either). 2 weeks ago this situation became unbearable for her, and I realised what I was doing, so I started making big changes (and she realizes this too). But yesterday she tells me that she doesn't think she is in love with me and wants to move out (physically without separating our relationship) to rekindle those feelings. Since realizing my mistakes I have been very remorseful and have set about making things right, and realize it will take time to build her trust again. I think though that to sort out this problem we should stay together and work at it together. I'd appreciate anyones Advice.

just because you don't live together doesn't mean you can't still have a relationship. you need to give her what she wants right now. your relationship is at a risk right now, so you need to give her the space she needs. she just needs to figure some things out right now & having her own space will help.

Hey THIS HAPPENED TO ME... the same with the feelings change etc.... Not in love anymore.. i have to say this..... First wow.. that she is going to try to get the feelings back..awesome.. she loves you enought o tell you and try to maek it work... Next, you need to give her space. I ruiend (sp?) my chance with my ex becuase the seperation was too much for me, and I became overbearing I think... let her miss you.. thats what made her fall in love with you in the first place.. the missing.... so as far as bettering yourself.. thats on you... but dont make her feel quilty for her decision.. that will make her justifiy in her head why she is moving etc etc.. hope this helped!