If they like you, you'll know

Johnny_has

Everyone that's talking about mixed messages and how they don't know if so and so likes them or not well I've come to find that if a lady/man likes you, you will know.... unless you're retarded.

Chicks/Dudes that really like someone WON'T send out mixed messages. I found that if you're getting mixed messages the chances are 99% that they don't like you in that way.

It's all in our own heads, sometimes when we are attracted to somebody, we tend to take little things as a sign, when really it's not a sign if we analyze it in our heads properly.

I've always took the small signs of girls I was very attracted to as something major. Then when I started to analyze things and not, jump the gun, so to speak, that it was only friendliness, flirting, small talk etc etc...

Sometimes our minds can be our own worst enemies.

Sometimes our minds can be our own worst enemies.
I have to agree with you on that one.

I've come to find that if a lady/man likes you, you will know.... unless you're retarded.
when you like someone it is hard for you to figure out if someone likes you too at least for me it is.

Chicks/Dudes that really like someone WON'T send out mixed messages. I found that if you're getting mixed messages the chances are 99% that they don't like you in that way.
You are right BUT most of the time the recever of the messages will mix them up so you get your mixed messages.

I wouldnt go so far as to say that people are ''retarded'' if they are wondering whether or not someone likes them or not,but i do agree that if someone really likes you then you will usually know. If not it could be because a person is shy and is too afraid to let their real feelings show to someone that they like.

Some people arent that good at picking up hints so i guess in some cases its better to just be honest,but then again you dont wanna scare someone off by being too up front as some people can be put off by such forwardness and prefer to take things slow. Like if you meet someone you dont already know ( a blind date for example) then it will be hard to say that they ''really'' like the other person coz they hardly know them, but in this case it would be better if both parties were honest about whether their first impressions were good enough for them to want to see the other person again.

People have different ways of indicating that they like someone, some people ''show'' and some people ''tell''. Your instinct shouldnt let you down though so id go with that.

Good point buffalosoldier, yes some people will "tell" and others will "show" you if they're interested.

It's true that it's harder for people who are shy to show or tell how they feel. But everyone will try to drop some sort of hint to the people they like. But yes I was wrong in saying that you'd be retarted if you didn't know, because some of the hints shy people give are very subtle..... 8)

I know for certain that I send mixed messages, even when I'm extremely interested in a woman. Throughout my lifelong battle against crippling shyness, times when I've fought through it and tried to be perfectly clear about my feelings have often resulted in huge setbacks. thereforeeee, when I'm interested in someone, I tend to be pretty reserved and tragically non-committal in showing it. This is, of course, fairly discouraging to anyone who might be interested in me, and most women I've been involved with are the outgoing-dominant type, and have probably been unconsciously attracted to me because I seemed controllable, easy to manipulate, as extremely shy people often are.

Any woman who would question my interest is far from "retarded." And if I'm giving mixed signals, I have to accept the probability that the woman will relay those mixed signals right back at me.

Also, for some people, even though the signals are pretty clear, lack of confidence makes it hard to accept even the obvious. But I have to admit, I've used the word "retarded" to describe myself in situations like that more than once

never give up, that's what i say. many times I have initially been rejected but because I did not give up, I usually ended up with the one that I wanted. Sure it's easy to go out with someone that you know likes you or is sending you some good signals, but most of the time it's "the ones that we don't want that are interested in us , and the ones that we do want that won't give us the time of day" , right?

Therein lies the challenge. We can never have enough friends and if you make enough friends with the opposite sex, eventually, one of your "friends" will take an interest in who you really are (assuming your not a shallow person) and take your relationship to a higher level.

Be a good friend, a good listener and you'll have more friends than you can handle, plus, wouldn't you rather hang out with a bunch of friends of the opposite sex? (hint: by becoming friends with your "target", you will get to know them intimately, (i.e. likes/dislikes), and this will be a huge advantage for you when you make your move.)

More than once I have had past girlfriends tell me, "you know, I wasn't even attracted to you when we first met and now I'm your girlfriend"!

And I consider myself just an average looking guy.

I hope this helps some of you cause life is too short and then well,..you die! 8)

Sure it's easy to go out with someone that you know likes you or is sending you some good signals, but most of the time it's "the ones that we don't want that are interested in us , and the ones that we do want that won't give us the time of day" , right?

i like that because its true. we usually act less cautiously and let our personality shine around people were not really interested in. if we are on a role and feeling confident on the day, then we will catch their attention. its when we see someone we like that we retreat and start being more cautious. this will makes us shy, and that becomes an obstacle and we wont get noticed! so when they say be yourself, its true. those who always get the girls are the ones that go for it and talk, and really show their confidence.

so if notice anyone around you is really shy but seems to be looking at you alot, then theres a good reason! and if anyone is giving you alot of attention, then theres a reason for that too.

i completely agree with johnny_has and buffalosoldier. when we see someone we like, then we pay more attention to them and begin to look for any signs to support our interest in them. we begin paying attention and this is dangerous, because they are behaving the way they would do with other friends, its just we take it out of context or in the wrong way.

good luck