What to expect from the ex/friend???????

My ex and I have recently established a friendship after a breakup in Oct. There are still feelings on both sides but we have decided to stay in a platonic relationship due to external issues-we usually speak several times a week, and consider one another close friends.

The problem is that I do not know what to expect from him re. emotional support. My brother was diagnosed with lung cancer last week and it has been a very difficult time for me. My other good friends have been outstanding in their love and support, but I have not had the same from him-one phone call and one e-mail. I might add that, since we have reestablished contact he has told me he several times that he still loves me and has feelings for me.

How do I handle this fellow ENAers??????? We are meeting up on Thurs. night and I need to know if I should say anything, I would to my other friends?

well the question is if that is necessary action. I have very close friends that I would call and e-mail if I heard about a problem they are having but it sounds like he has done that and he is getting together with you. That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care about you. What would you like from him?

HB Kid,

I can't understand what your reply meant? The spelling and the punctuation are so poor that it doesn't make any sense.

Re. the issue. After having our discussion he has gone out of his way to be very supportive . It's always good to be honest and upfront with those that are important to us.

Archived