HELP ME PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!! i cant even say "hi"

Im really in a bind. Before i even start, lets establish the fact that im in high school and never been on a date or been kissed yet. Im very shy and ive liked this girl, Erin for like, 7 months and i cant even muster the courage to talk to her . I stare at her constantly and dream of her every chance i get. Every day, my adoration for her grows and grows and the inability to express these feelings to her is maddening. everytime she passes me and i dont talk to her, my rage at not being able to talk to her is aspyxiatiating me. HELP ME PLEASE, IM GOING TO GO INSANE SOON IF I DONT GET HELP.

Stop putting yourself through such agony! Why do you think you cannot talk to her? Is it only because you are afraid of rejection? Well, my dear, this is something that we ALL have to face sometime in our life and deal with. I suggest you comment on something about her. Be courageous! Take a stand! Compliment her...that always goes over well. Try to consiously make the decision to speak with her. When you wanna say something...countin your head "one...two...three...'you have a great smile'" and just say it...or "I like how that jacket looks on you...very flattering..." something like that. Take what is at the bottom of this post very seriously and to heart...it is perfect for your situation!

Hey man I know just how you feel. I know that you are shy but what are you shy about. Are you afraid of talking to her, or are you afraid of rejection. Rejection is one point why I had a problem with a girl. Well you see I am also in High School and at the beginning of the year I started to like this girl that was in my class. The difference between my situation and yours are is that I talked to her from time to time and she knew me because I was her friend. I liked her a lot and like you I was going crazy and dreaming about her like the whole time. My problem was this. I was afraid of rejection. I was afraid that she might not like me and then what should I do if she doesn't like me. Well I took a good look at the situation and one day I talked to her about it and told her how I felt. She then that day later on calls me up and tells me that she is not looking to be in a relationship right now which means that she does not want a boyfriend. I did not take this too well and was a little disappointed but I got over it and moved on. I am asking you does she know your name. Do you have classes together? The best way by me to get to know a girl better is to say Hi when you see her in the hallway or in your class just say Hi and see if you get a Hi back. There was this girl in my class that just came in my school. I really didn't know her much and like one day I see her in the hallway walking home. As she was walking pass me I said Hi Charlene (that's her name), when I said hi she stopped and said hi back. She already knew me from the class that we are in together. We don't talk much but since then we are good friends and I am moving on from friends to girlfriend and boyfriend. What I am trying to say is even if you are shy you have to overcome you shyness. I know that it's hard but you need to try, if you don't then I don't think that you are gone get anywhere. So please take my advice and overcome you shyness. Another good way would be to give her a note saying that you like her and you know. Another way is by telling one of her friends so that her friend can tell Erin that you like her. I mean think about which way you want to use. I hope that my advice can help you. Hey email to tell me how this whole situation went my email is email removed

Hey Mike,

You're not alone. When I was your age, I was pretty much the same. I have even made a fool out of myself a few times. But that was back in the ancient history. We didn't even have internet back then... *LOL*.

You're in luck, Mike. You DO have internet and I can tell you that on this site you will find pages with good tips and tricks. The hardest thing is: "How do I start?". I just say: "Keep it simple". Some good topics to talk about:

- Hi, how are you?

- How was your weekend?

- What have you been doing?

- What keeps you busy outside school?

- What music do you like?

- What movies do you like?

And eventually: "What you're doing this Friday evening?" (I copied that from Mermayd... *LOL* ... and thanks!! In the back of your mind you have to keep thinking: "What do I have to loose?" She can say 'no' ... so what?

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

I am a 30 year old married woman, so I know a thing or two about how girls feel. I went to my high school reunion two years ago and found out there were several guys that were too shy to ask me out. I thought they were cute, or intriguing. We missed the boat because of their shyness (and my not even knowing they liked me). Don't be sorry at your reunion dude! If she doesn't like you at least you can move your attentions to someone else.