Not that bad

confused33

My boyfriend and I have a lot of confusing issues. If you can tell by the time this is over I garuntee that I have a post in every subject. This is a great place to get all the help you need though. So my boyfriend is 22 and I am 18 and I know I am atleast legal but there is a lot of differences. I am mature and can handle a relationship with him. Its just sometimes he wants to go to the bars and stuff and I cant go and he is out of school and has a job and that is hard for me to deal with. Its like when I can see him he cant see me because he has to work the next day or vice versa. Its just that he finds it hard sometimes because I graduated middle school the year he graduated high school and his friends make fun of that all the time. Will it just take time for him to get used to the fact that I am 4 years younger than him?

This is likely to be the time you'll feel that age difference the most - if you can get through til you're out of school, it becomes less and less of an issue, you'll be in the same "world" so to speak. The teasing will die down the longer you guys are together, even when you're both legal to drink, it's not uncommon for guys to go out for a night hanging with their guy friends at times, so right now it's more the difference he sees because it's pointed out, and because he knows you're in school while he's already graduated and working. How much of an issue it is really depends on how much of one he chooses to make it - though I suspect it'll be less of one after you're out of school.