Dating a woman, who just lost her father.

jcrouth

I am in a weird situation. I have been dating this woman for about 2 months now. We have not seen each other as much as I would like, but she has been dealing with her father being terminally ill, and then finally dying. Taking that and the Holiday season into the situation, I have been reluctant to move forward. I really like this person a great deal, and I want to take it to the next level, but i am aprehensive about the proper way to make her feel comfortable enough to make the next step, and not make her feel like I am trying to abuse her current situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

As long as you are just being supportive, loving, and being there you are fine. Just do not expect her to be focusing on your needs at this time and don't press the issue. Now is not the time for you to try and take it to the next level.

Oh, and do not pressure for sex. Stick to holding and cuddling.

of course she is going to be going through a tough time right now, but she needs you to be there for her. my bf's best friend has been dating this one girl for awhile now & last year, she lost her father, who was a fireman & he was called to an emergency & he died. it was hard for her, but with all the support from her bf & friends, shes doing ok. just be there for your gf if she needs to talk or something. try to understand her situation & realize that she is going through a tough time. i agree with every one else. make sure she is comfortable right now.