My girlfriend of 9 months just broke up with me...

Kelly

I'm 17 and my girlfriend of 9 months just broke up with me. We had taken a break about 2 months earlier because she didn't feel good about the relationship, so it ended in her coming back because she missed me. Now we've broken up again, this time I believe for good. She says she just isn't happy with our relationship and I guess has lost love for me :S. Or her love has changed. She says she just won't be happy being in a relationship with me or anyone right now. What should I expect to happen to us? Any help would be great.

Hello Kelly and welcome to Enotalone,

I'm sorry to hear that your relationship didn't work out. It sounds like its probably time for you to move on with your life and not expect your girlfriend to come back. She sounds like she has made up her mind about your relationship, but has not made up her mind about what she will do next. And I'm afraid you won't be able to help her with that.

Its time to focus on you now. Get together with your friends. Go out and do the things you enjoy. Just keep living your life and let time do the healing for you.

avman

Thank you for the advice. But there is also the possibility of her having Bipolar. I've been discussing this with a friend of mine who is a psychiatrist and after reading her online diaries she believe the symptomos point to Bipolar. So if that is the case, then she will need to go on medication to correct the chemical imbalance. But I don't know what will happen after that. I still love her to bits and I'd hate for her to go through the things that can happen from the disorder.

LOL. I think she was referring to whether this was a lesbian relationship. Anyway, I'm a guy and here's my take on your situation.

It's very guy-like to see a "damsel in distress" and want to help and be sorta her White Knight. So, her emotional problems can even be attractive for that reason. However, she without question she broke up with you, and admits that she can't date ANYONE right now. Listen to the lady. They usually tell the truth, if you learn to listen carefully enough.

YOur best bet, both for your happiness and for any chance you may have of getting back together, is to help her from the distance of friendship. Someone with bipolar disorder needs medication and counseling, and simply is not available for you until she stabilizes. Don't make matters worse by trying to become part of her solution. That's too much to ask of yourself. Date other girls and stay in touch with her, without hanging around as if you're waiting to be bf/gf.

Good luck! Sounds like you stumbled into a tough situation. Be thankful that it's not you who has bipolar, if that's what she has. That must be hell for the person suffering from the disease.