Age gap help

Hello,

I am in love with a women who is about 17 years older than me, she doesn't know anything about it yet (I am 18 and she is about 35), she has a son of 10 and I am wondering what advice could anyone give on getting started with her, and how do I address the issue of her son? Has anyone been in my situation? Any help is apriciated.

Nigel,

I am not sure if chasing this is really a good idea. I would like to ask you to reconsider chasing a relation with this woman. Are you sure that she likes you in the same way?

I am not saying that this is impossible, but I see A LOT OF obstacles in this. For example: are you going to 'father' the child? Are you going to satisfy this woman's needs? Can you? Don't forget that she has more life experience, too, plus that the rule is that women are more mature, as well. Last but not least: I might have missed it, but I haven't heard of a lot of people being in a similar situation as you are.

I hope you are doing the right thing. If you think you are, start talking to her about how you feel.

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

I agree with swingfox. You should definitely reconsider this issue. She is probably looking for someone who will be a role model for her son who is only 7 yrs younger than you. You definitely should express your feelings to her and seee what you will be getting into before your heart gets broken.