So I was involved with this girl in the US, an attempt at long distance. I was flying out to see her again when things went a bit weird but we still wanted to see each other. While I'm in Canada (spending a few weeks there before my flight down to America; obviously didn't want to smother her for the entire month break) she lets me know she's met somebody else, has no romantic feelings for anymore, and knew she didn't want a LDR a while ago.

Thanks for that!

So I tell her how mad I am, she gives all this BS about she thought I just wanted to be friends and that I knew how she felt (apparently she thought I was a psychic). She tells me she will give me money towards my wasted flights (I had to change one to go somewhere else, cost me another $100, and I completely lost another one because American Airlines are tools and wouldn't give me a refund).

She just got this tattoo for $200 (and it's not something she's always wanted, it's one of those flower/butterfly one young adults get spur of the moment because they're going through a rebellious phase, and regret a couple years later) so I call her on it. Not telling her off for spending her own money, but asking why she would say she would help pay me back flight money when she had savings, but is wasting it on rubbish instead.

She tells me off, how dare I, I am my own woman and I do what I want, snap the fingers, blah blah blah

Why lie to me that she would help me out? Why would she not want to help me out anyway -- if I'd pulled this crap on a girl I'd feel so guilty for wasting her time and money I would have no problem paying for the flights she had to change/miss.

Same thing happened with my last ex -- I had a couple hundred dollars worth of concert tickets for us, and she basically tells me 'hard luck, I'm not paying for mine' which cost me money because i couldn't sell them on ebay. What the hell man?!?

Sorry for the long post -- I'm angry and ranting, might edit it down when I've calmed down.

It's purely bad luck. You got unlucky with the past two girls. I personally never was able to hold a LDR, and mine were all mostly one city over, or something of the sort. For any human being, when they find what they're looking for, they'll take the most comfortable path. Her's was to take the closer guy.

Call her a few colorful words, act like you're glad it's over, and move on. It's not the most mature approach, but it'll make you feel loads better. And in the end, that's what you need at the moment.

But... I sorta agree on her telling you that you don't have any say in her getting the tattoo.

What matters is that at the end of the day she has paid you back. She is free to do whatever she wants to with the rest of her money.

OR does she have very little money to spend and now isn't going to be able to pay you back?

No doubt she isn't worth your time though. Be glad her true colours showed before things went further and you went all the way there to see her.

But... I sorta agree on her telling you that you don't have any say in her getting the tattoo.

What matters is that at the end of the day she has paid you back. She is free to do whatever she wants to with the rest of her money.

OR does she have very little money to spend and now isn't going to be able to pay you back?

No doubt she isn't worth your time though. Be glad her true colours showed before things went further and you went all the way there to see her.

Oh I agree I have no say on what she spends her money on, my problem was that she tells me she has no money to spend, and she told me she would give me some to help with my flights.

She hasn't paid me back anything. Yeah, she has very little money (or so I thought!)

It's purely bad luck. You got unlucky with the past two girls. I personally never was able to hold a LDR, and mine were all mostly one city over, or something of the sort. For any human being, when they find what they're looking for, they'll take the most comfortable path. Her's was to take the closer guy.

Call her a few colorful words, act like you're glad it's over, and move on. It's not the most mature approach, but it'll make you feel loads better. And in the end, that's what you need at the moment.

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't believe after 6+ months of being involved she just gives up to hook up with some guy she'd met ONCE just because he lives nearby.

I am glad it's over!! But yeah, I'm still upset despite that. Hmmm not called her any names yet, I probably should. I'm always way too nice to ex's who are nasty to me, what a sucker!

I'm just grateful I've had a few girls pull crap like this in the past and that I do at least have some savings still in the bank!! If this had happened a few years ago (naive & inexperienced; no money saved) I would have been absolutely crushed and take forever to recover. How can people care so little about others??

I'm just grateful I've had a few girls pull crap like this in the past and that I do at least have some savings still in the bank!! If this had happened a few years ago (naive & inexperienced; no money saved) I would have been absolutely crushed and take forever to recover. How can people care so little about others??

Easy. They care more about themselves. Harsh reality of life. When you care about someone else more than yourself, that's love.

Archived