I Have No Clue...

SportsGirl4

Ok, there's this guy in my choir class this year and I'd really like to get to know him. The problem is is that I am super shy.

I think he might know that I like him because I kind of used to glance at him frequently. Now I can't even bring myself to smile when he looks my way let alone look at him for a long time...I kind of think he might like me back, too by some of the things that he does:

+I went to his basketball game before our choir concert last weekend. He was on the bench and I was pretty far behind him in the stands. I see him turn around and he looks at me (there was no one around me except my friend) and he just looks for a long time. I looked back but neither of us smiled.

+In choir I stand in the front row and he was walking by to get to his spot. Well, he walked really close to me and then he got in front of me he kind of paused but then kept walking.

+I was at my locker and he came close behind me even though there are other ways to get to his class.

+His section in choir had to leave and go to the next room for a sectional and instead of following his row off the risers he walked down the stairs which are right next to me.

+There was a fight before class and I was talking about it with my friends. He comes in and starts talking about the fight to his friend and his friend says something and he turns around and looks at me and kind of smiles.

+I was sitting down at my lunch table when I kind of glanced over at him and he was looking at me so I just kind of stood there for a few seconds. But we just looked at eachother and neither of us smiled.

+ I said something in class and he looked over at me. Once the person next to him said something and I looked at that person and he was looking at me.

I don't know. It's kind of weird that neither of us smiles but it makes me paranoid and makes me think that he hates me. And sometimes we'll both be in the hallways but he won't even look at me and he'll look straight ahead.

So basically, what do you think of this situation? How do I get up the nerve to talk to him (it's hard because he's always with his friend in choir)? Will he think it is weird if I just smile at him? Hmm...Thanks for any help you can give me!

I don't think he hates you if he keeps looking at you...and i'm sure smiling at him wouldn't be a bad idea. Sure he doesn't like you if he keeps glancing at you? It seems a strange thing to do if you don't like someone, if you dislike someone you tend not to look at them or be around them!!!

Here's my advice on this... Be an adult and deal with your shyness as it is going to be a huge obstacle in the rest of your life. Trust me, I've been there.

I think you are reading into things too much. Most of the events you described are circumstancial at best.

Next time you see him, maintain your eyes on his, smile for a second, say hello and just start a conversation.

You must stop torturing yourself with all of these existential questions. Even if he is interested, if you keep acting like this you'll end up being a huge turn off.

Be a confident adult, do not look away, smile and talk.

OK?

Alright, I'm going to try and put my shyness aside. Now I just have to wait until after Christmas Break to try it out. Or maybe I'll go to the basketball game and try it out there by smiling at him. Thanks to everyone who replied to this, especially because it made me realize he probably doesn't have a reason to dislike me.

A few years ago I was in a dance club with a bunch of friends - totally NOT my preferred environment for flirting.

I noticed a woman with the face of an angel and the moves of the devil. Totally not my type and totally out of my league. Just to confront my shyness, I bought a drink and brought it to her. Of course, she politely declined and I looked like a predator.

I also went to a party a few years ago where I was totally unfamiliar with the crowd. Most of the people there were gay guys and they were having a karaoke party. Well, I picked up the microphone and sang a Carpenters song.

Do you see what I tried to do here? I got myself out of my comfort zone in totally unharmful situations that I thought were embarrassing. This definitely helped me with more "important" situations later on in my life.

Good luck!

Alright, I'm going to try and put my shyness aside. Now I just have to wait until after Christmas Break to try it out. Or maybe I'll go to the basketball game and try it out there by smiling at him. Thanks to everyone who replied to this, especially because it made me realize he probably doesn't have a reason to dislike me.

and he might be a clueless type and has no idea you have an eye out for him.

go for it. there's a 2% chance you'll die!

Do you think it means anything when he looks at me for a long time from far away, but when he gets close to me he'll walk close to me but he won't even look at me? When we make eye contact from far away he doesn't smile but he doesn't have a face that says "I don't like you," and he holds the eye contact until I look away.

Do you think it means anything when he looks at me for a long time from far away, but when he gets close to me he'll walk close to me but he won't even look at me? When we make eye contact from far away he doesn't smile but he doesn't have a face that says "I don't like you," and he holds the eye contact until I look away.

For the love of God why don't YOU smile to him?

Archived