Should I start dating yet?

ycmanvs

As some of you may know, I broke up with my ex almost 3 weeks ago. The relationship had been pretty bad over the past year, so emotionally I had been detaching for some time.

I have started talking online with a few people on various dating sites. Some of them seem nice, but they are younger than me. Do you guys think I should go out on a few dates?

I just want to get out there and meet people. I live in a town with lots of single young people. I am getting older though, so it is hard to find people in my age group. I look about 10 years younger than I am but I do not lie about my age...even though I have an online profile.

I find it interesting that younger man have no problem with age, yet most women still consider it a problem.

Nah, it's too early. 3 weeks is hardly enough time. There is nothing wrong with meeting people and making friends, but dating I think you should wait a while longer. You were with your ex almost 4 years. You need atleast a half of year to a year before you date again. Give yourself some time to yourself. Get to know you again, grieve, be alone, and chill. If you rush and start dating this early, I fear you will not give it your all.

I guess my idea of dating is different than most people. I just meant going out and meeting guys but not actually getting involved in anything serious. If I do meet a wonderful person, of course I would not say NO to a relationship, but I just want to see what is out there.

i'm with ya ycmanvs. i'm 35 and haven't been single in ten years. scared to death of it actually lol

i'm not looking for anything serious just to get out and meet people. i see no harm in that.

Thank you. I am confused though. Are you saying that you are in a relationship and you want to meet other people on the side? I am single, so I think I can date as much as I want.

get out there and meet people. if you meet someone, you meet someone.

Yup, that's my attitude. I do meet people all the time, but now that I know what I don't want, I am much more careful about getting too close too soon.

I am going home for the holidays and I am going to some dinner parties where there will be a few single people. I am also on a dating site where I have been corresponding with a few people.

I am taking things much slower than usual and hoping that the result will be better this time around.

yc, good attitude. i like it.

Thanks. We seem to agree on a number of things. I am not sure if that is good or bad, but what I do know is that this is the first time when I broke up with someone, and I am actually happy to be single and alone, and not looking for anyone, but still open to dating....

I have been going to the gym again, seeing old friends, looking for a better job....basically doing things that make me happy.

Thanks. We seem to agree on a number of things. I am not sure if that is good or bad, but what I do know is that this is the first time when I broke up with someone, and I am actually happy to be single and alone, and not looking for anyone, but still open to dating....

I have been going to the gym again, seeing old friends, looking for a better job....basically doing things that make me happy.

while my ex was great girl, she just wasn't for me. i now realize how much stress she was putting on me that she probably didn't mean to. always asking me 'are you seeing someone else' or 'where were you for x amount of hours' ...like dam, i never had to check in before. she knew my schedule too. which is pretty much work, gym, relax or work, school, gym relax. weekends were all spent with her. doesn't leave much time to crap and shower.

again, she a great girl, just not for me.

Hi YCman!

Sounds like you are on the right track! Don't put pressure on yourself to date, but if you meet someone, have a little fun! And when you date, just enjoy! It doesn't have to be all serious and deep! Sounds like your holiday calendar is filling up!

Life is too short to be serious!

Enjoy the holidays!

Hugs G Fish

Archived