Reverse psychology and the "Rebound" relationship

love4life

so my ex texted me saying "why won't you talk to me?" i said sorry im kinda busy and i don't like to bother you when you're with you boyfriend, she said im not with him and he's not my boyfriend anymore...

should i believe her? how do i reply now?

Ask her to prove it to you he aint her bf anymore !

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so just like the whole rebound theory goes, i went out with her last night. she was begging me all day long. we had a deep talk and also very mature. she told me the truth about everything. what she told me was what i already thought, "the rebound theory" she said he is a nice person but she realized that he isn't someone who she would like to be with the rest of her life, that they were not compatible on any aspect. she said that she was thinking about our relationship and that she realized how nobody understood her like i did, she is a very deep person who loves poetry and talks very deep all the time and we would always get into deep talks, she said when she told this guy that she had no feelings for him that he couldn't even understand thoose simple words. that she spent a lot of time with him like she did with me but that she was with me all day because she wanted to and that all this time she was with this guy, she was with him because he wanted to and she felt obligated to. she said she felt he was invading her personal bubble and what not, she said he changed his dressing style and said he would change for her to love him, with both agreed that you should love someone for who they are and not for who they can be, because even if he did change on the outside he would still be him. and you should also love someone who loves you for who you are. she said this guy is really obsessed with her, it does make sense and it does seem like it, she said that when she told him he imediatly became depressed and left work and went to the hospital, its so strange because he is 5 years older than me and he has only known her for a month! (he probably would of killed himself if he was dumped by her after a longterm relationship like me) she said that even thou she doesn't like him or has feelings for him that he is a nice guy and she feels bad for hurting him and thinks he doesnt diserve that, which i understand very well...

she told me a lot more things but i can't remember everything, but i swear that 80% of the things she said sounded just like the posts i have found on the web about rebounds. every sentence she would say would remind me of the articles i have read.

she also told me that she told her mother everything that was going on and that her mother told her she needed some personal time and needed to stop talking to us both for a while. i laughed and reminded her thats what i had told her a week ago, i then asked her if she wanted me to stop talking to her? she said no that she wanted to keep seeing me anyways, i do too but she really does need that time alone, i told her she needed to heal. shes going on vacations with her family in a week, so i guess that could be her time off.

throu out all this conversation she did most of the talking, i would only agree and listen.

so what do you guys think?

am i doing the correct thing?

p.s. we didn't just talk about all this drama,

most of the time we were having fun and fooling around.

until she said "can i talk to you about everything that is going on?"

Looks like she dumped the other one. Just make sure it stays that way.

When she comes back from vacation try to work on a new relationship. Take it very slowly and sometimes pull back a litle..dont be to easy for her. She has to earn your trust again ! You guys will have to learn to forget the past and never bring it up again.

Looks like she dumped the other one. Just make sure it stays that way.

When she comes back from vacation try to work on a new relationship. Take it very slowly and sometimes pull back a litle..dont be to easy for her. She has to earn your trust again ! You guys will have to learn to forget the past and never bring it up again.

If this is truly the case, then congrats getbiii. You (almost) got yer ex back!

do as bite says. That way you won't get bitten again!

All the best friend

TS

If this is truly the case, then congrats getbiii. You (almost) got yer ex back!

do as bite says. That way you won't get bitten again!

All the best friend

TS

This. People on this forum put things so well...Good luck bro and Congrats...lets me know there is hope

yeah so now its like im not there yet even thou i am, i feel like i still have a long way to go.

she came over today, it was 8 am so i just opened the door and we came over to my room and slept together, (no sex) we were together all morning long until 3 which is when she had to pick up her little brothers, we had fun watched t.v and cooked... i know this is a little too quick but then again i wasn't going to kick her out and i have to show her what i have to offer.

i haven't asked her for proof because i don't feel like thats a correct question to ask, ill know by myself if it is true or not, today was kinda proof that it is, i checked her facebook today (i use it kinda of as proof) it turns out her rebound was alone all morning long at home (when she was with me) and he is her neighbor after all.

but then again her facebook status still says they are going out, but that doesn't worry me. when we broke up it said that until two weeks after,

i was also thinking about if we do get back together, i will tell her that she can still talk to him and be hiss friend and see him, because it will happen even if i like it or not, i just have to trust her.

hey guys so just an update on my situation, i am having dinner on thursday with my ex.

today the wierdest thing happened!

she came over, while she was here her rebound sent me a text saying, "shes all yours bro" i didn't reply, then she left she said she had a lot of things to do. i know she doesn't, but i didn't say anything.... =\ i kinda guessed she was going to go see her rebound! which she did =O buuuut, she sent me a text saying don't text me anymore, im giving back (rebound) his cell phone back!.

(remember he gave her a cell phone and was paying the bill)

so i guess she went to see him kinda like a its over thing right?

hey guys so just an update on my situation, i am having dinner on thursday with my ex.

today the wierdest thing happened!

she came over, while she was here her rebound sent me a text saying, "shes all yours bro" i didn't reply, then she left she said she had a lot of things to do. i know she doesn't, but i didn't say anything.... =\ i kinda guessed she was going to go see her rebound! which she did =O buuuut, she sent me a text saying don't text me anymore, im giving back (rebound) his cell phone back!.

(remember he gave her a cell phone and was paying the bill)

so i guess she went to see him kinda like a its over thing right?

Gets better all the time,looks like you won my friend ! Good for you,you really deserve it !

wooow =S so i just got some bad news, she called me shes in the hospital because of her depression and i talked to her mom. she has been talking some anti depresents that werent even prescribed to her, she said she is ok but she was just feeling real bad.

i don't know what to do now? should i be there for her? =(

should i keep away?

wooow =S so i just got some bad news, she called me shes in the hospital because of her depression and i talked to her mom. she has been talking some anti depresents that werent even prescribed to her, she said she is ok but she was just feeling real bad.

i don't know what to do now? should i be there for her? =(

should i keep away?

Go see her,she needs you now ! Go go go !

i called her mom and told her i really care for her and that i wanted to know if there is anything i could do for her or if i could go visit her to the hospital, she told me jsut to wait for now that she might be out of the hospital soon....

wow i feel really bad like im part of her depression yet again i didnt dump her =S

i feel like im not going to see her for a while and that her parents dont want me to see her because they might think im the cause of this

i called her mom and told her i really care for her and that i wanted to know if there is anything i could do for her or if i could go visit her to the hospital, she told me jsut to wait for now that she might be out of the hospital soon....

wow i feel really bad like im part of her depression yet again i didnt dump her =S

i feel like im not going to see her for a while and that her parents dont want me to see her because they might think im the cause of this

Just like you she went on the roller coaster ride plus the guilt for dumping you ! Wait a couple of days since her parents are asking for it. She will talk to her parents and confirm that you have nothing to do with her present condition.

yeah i feel so helpless right now =S i love her and i can't be there for her, im afraid she might try to kill herself, she and i have always been depresive and thats what made our relationship so special because we were each others own therapist and i was even able to stay off pills because i felt good around her, she has had so many personal problems and she has said before in the past that she was going to kill herself so everytime she gets deprresed i feel like it might happen

yeah i feel so helpless right now =S i love her and i can't be there for her, im afraid she might try to kill herself, she and i have always been depresive and thats what made our relationship so special because we were each others own therapist and i was even able to stay off pills because i felt good around her, she has had so many personal problems and she has said before in the past that she was going to kill herself so everytime she gets deprresed i feel like it might happen

She needs a therapist. At one point she will be off her medications(hopefully). She will have to learn to turn the page and forget. Keeping fit is a plus for her. You will have to teach her that.

i know this is an old post... osrry... im in this scenario and my ex gf has a bf or so it is to be believed....would remvoing her of my facebook and msn be beneficial more? as she seems to sue facebook alot

i know this is an old post... osrry... im in this scenario and my ex gf has a bf or so it is to be believed....would remvoing her of my facebook and msn be beneficial more? as she seems to sue facebook alot

Yes, definitely block her.

Yes, definitely block her.

really? i know alot of people have mixed views on this.. is it the mature thing to do ect.. so should i honestly tell how i feel and tell im doing it? or just do it

Archived