Communication problems with girl I'm REALLY attracted too

Jeffrey19

Hi again folks,

Well as some of you might know I asked this girl, I really like, out at the start of August this year. Anyway she said she's got a boyfriend. We work at the same store. Anyhow 11 weeks later we're back to occasionally talking like it never happened.

The problem is when I'm around her I just DON'T KNOW what to say. Anyway from a friend from work from mine I found out that she thinks I'm brooding and Solemn. I don't want to appear like this! I know she's only human too, but she's sooooo gorgeous and nice that I'm lost for words when she talks too me. I just want to be her friend.

Lately I've done something I'm not proud of. I've been rocking up to work with a few drinks in me. When I'm a little tipsy I find it much easier to make her more comfortable around me and make her laugh.

My question, how do I just be more interesting without having to be drunk? I'm 19 and she's 16. I've got no problems getting on with girls I'm not attracted too but with girls I find attractive I turn into a bit of a retard, especially with this one girl who I've been REALLY into for months now. I just want to be my normal self around her. I know if I keep being so damn serious around her she's going to think I'm the most uninteresting person there is. Please help.

P.S. I'm the type that doesn't get too many crushes (only 3 in my life) but when I do they stay with me for a VERY long time.

Let me get this right you have been goning to work tipsy, tisk tisk you should know better. But I am not here to tell you that it is bad going to work tipsy. I am here to help you to open up with her, one thing that you can do is goof around her like she is one of your buds. Just open your self up to her and dont care what she thinks... Yea you might look like an weardo but just have fun when she is around. That is the best I can give.

Yeah Cid I WANT to talk to her like she's just one of my buddies but I just can't seem to do it at all. I want to make her laugh like I do with my buddies but it's not that easy.

Every time I see her I think off her as a beautiful goddess and it doesn't help either that pretty much every other guy at work wants her too. I don't want to seem too desperate since it took me a while to get over that fact that she's taken. I know if I COULD MAKE HER LAUGH I'd be able to get closer to her.

My question would be why you're working so hard on setting yourself up for disappointment again! You said she's taken-why are you making this much effort for someone who won't reciprocate? Not to be the pessimist, but there are a LOT of girls out there who are just as pretty (and she's NOT a goddess, she's just a pretty girl.....lol) and SINGLE.

I don't mean to sound......well........MEAN, but you're working on what, right now, is an impossible situation. If you want to be friends with her, that's great. But you also have to keep in mind that right now, that's all you're going to be. So, with the "friend" thing in mind.....just TALK to her......kid around with her about your boss or the odd customers that come in, or ask her what her hobbies are, what she likes doing on the weekends.....there's a ton of stuff to talk about, you just have to get over being so awestruck by her and realize she's a regular person with flaws same as you.

And definitely do NOT go to work after drinking, you're asking to get fired right there! Not to mention that if she, of all people, happens to catch alcohol on your breath, it'll be a turn-off. Girls don't want alcohol fumes breathed on them.....lol AND not to mention that you're picking the worst possible time to drink! *steps off soapbox*

Mar