in love with a good friend

I have fallen in love for the first time at the age of 22. I am male and the girl I have fallen for is 18 she is very beautiful. We have a really good friendship there is a definate connection, when we go out we kissbut she says thtat she doesnt want a full on relationship cos shes young and wants to do what she wants, she says i am the type of bloke who she would marry when shes a little older. I have told her how i feel and she has asked me to write it all down in a letter and has hinted that she has strong feelings too. its all very complex. should i tell her that we should stop seeing each other if we are not more than friends. this will hurt but what else can i do. Please help i need some advice. Cheers.

I think you need to tell her how you feel. Do you think your friendship will end if you end this non-chalant dating? If so, you should express your fears to her. It sounds like she is intimidated by you in the sense that she doesn't want to find you for another few years. I would respect her wishes and stay as close of friends as you can until she is ready to come around and be serious with you.

thanks for your reply mermayd i know your right and i must respect her wishes. I am meeting with her tomorrow night at my local pub to give her the letter to tell her my feelings....hope it goes down ok, she says she will reply and give me an answer and tell me how she feels. To be honest i dont think its goin to be what i hope for, but that will be ok i suppose cos i am still glad to have met her and still want to be friends with her, you never know i could be wrong and it could all turn out great.