Shy Girl

puff.tm.dragon

Hello E. For the last week I've been getting at this girl and she is no louder than a whisper. Sometimes I would playfully lean in because it sounds like she's whispering. Other times I can't even hear what she says because sound did not come out of her mouth. She's shy, obviously. Pretty nervous too I might add. She likes to hug her binder a lot when she talks, and curl up with her chin rested on the top edge.

Class is boring so I doodle a lot and asked her to draw me something. She drew a cow that said "HELLO!!" At least, I think it's a cow. I left for the restroom and when I came back, I caught her drawing on my notebook...more farm animals.

Well after class today she asked me where I was heading and then followed me to the parking lot even though I parked at the very end. It must have been a 10 minute walk, I told her that and she said she didn't mind and it was good excercise.

I know now that things should be done base on a comfort level instead of arousal. When do you think she'll be comfortable enough for us to do an activity together?

She sounds really sweet. Even better, she showed an interest in you and asked where you were heading, which tells me she's interested and isn't going to play games (probably because she doesn't know how).

After class ask if she wants to get some cheesecake and talk a little or something. I dunno, I'm bad at this, but this sounds like it could go well.

Also, who can say no to cheesecake?

She sounds very sweet to me too!!! And it's nice that you are trying to bring her out.

I know now that things should be done based on a comfort level instead of arousal.

This concerns me a bit ... aside from her extreme shyness, are you attracted to her??? If not, your attention could do HUGE damage to her already fragile ego.

Zack.

You can build comfort in a single conversation if you know how. Quiet people usually have a quirky personality. I am guessing that you are interested in this girl romantically. She is interested in you, but it is your job to probe and/or make it a romantic relationship. She has given some pretty strong signals, but that doesn't mean she has definitely made up her mind about liking you. Invite her to do something with an EMPHASIS on CASUAL. Make it no big thing, and be non-threatening. See where it goes from there.

She sounds very sweet to me too!!! And it's nice that you are trying to bring her out.

This concerns me a bit ... aside from her extreme shyness, are you attracted to her??? If not, your attention could do HUGE damage to her already fragile ego.

Zack.

i think he means he knows that with a shy gal you dont just try and jump them in the parking lot or else they'll turn and run. Not that you really should do that with most gals . . .

And he's right, if he's really into this gal he should just take it slow for a bit so that she has time to open up a bit and get comfortable. Most shy people will quit being shy once they get some time to adjust.

i'd say go with some easy thing, get coffee after class, but still flirt with her and make it obvious you're attracted, then in a couple days ask for a date (making it absolutely plain thats what it is).

Aww... I think I'm in love with you two. If a shy girl is already following you all the way out to the parking lot, you're doing great Puff! The key is to have fun and not to take things too seriously. Maybe you can ask her to study with you sometime and then grab a snack?

Being a gentleman is a very subtle, sexy way to let a girl know you're interested... Offer to buy her a coffee. Open doors for her etc. Ask her about herself. Tell her how much you like the cows. If things are going well, take it to the next level and invite her to do something fun like a movie (like a romantic comedy) or mini golf where she won't feel pressured to talk a lot, but you both can have fun getting to know each other.

puff,

i notice you've been approaching about a girl every week. how do you approach these girls in class? talk to them afterwards? sit next to them during? i would be too shy to sit down next to a girl even if there are 100 seats and 98 are filled. maybe one seat away?

i can get no one to talk to me. regardless of age, appearance or anything else. i only get random emails from girls from other countries wanting me to send them money.

Well this is what I do:

1. I sit next to or near them.

2. Have to make the first move and say "HI" or "How did you do on so and so" or "What did you get?"

3. Carry the conversation for 10 minutes if you can and introduce MYSELF.

4. I try to walk with them after class if they are friendly. Best way to do this is when class end I talk to them as they get up so they won't rush out. Walk for a couple minutes then excuse myself and say "Bye ."

5. If I can't or don't want to walk with them after class I at least say "Bye ." So as I would leave on a good note.

Hope that helps and LOL @ your foreign mistress.

Archived