Everything Reminds Me

I broke up with my girlfriend over the summer, and it was very nasty for me...she was horrible to me but I loved her a ton. I knew it was best for me to end it. I'm still not over it and it's been almost two months. Everything reminds me of her. And it kills me. Please help!

I've been through this myself, and i know this isn't what you want to hear because you've probably heard it a thousand times, but you need to move on. It's the only thing you CAN do. You deserve to be treated as well as you treat others, and there's someone who deserves your treatment as well. We all need to play this game to find the person that we're really meant to be with, the person who will define us and mean the world to us, the person we truly fits us. And yeah, it's gonna be hard sometimes.. a LOT of the time.. but you deserve better than her. It may take a while, but you need to stop thinking about her, which is easier said than done, but it is possible though it may seem otherwise.

There's someone out there for you, you're just in the process of finding her. You can get through it. Get out there and have fun, meet new people and put yourself out there.. you can't go wrong

Time... it takes time.

Eventually things will probably still remind you about her "that reminds me blah blah liked blue golf balls" but it will be just that - a memory, a reminder, a thought. It won't come with the feelings or emotion.

It just takes time. Hang in there. Try to keep thinking that it is just a memory and nothing more.

Archived