If your Ex asks this ...

If you Ex asks you if you've slept with someone else during the break up. Whether you guys are getting back together or not, what will you say? Why?

Also if you're the one asking the question, and after hearing the answer whether it's a yes or a no, what do think and feel?

Just want to know what everyone would think and do if they were or were to be in the situation.

If you Ex asks you if you've slept with someone else during the break up. Whether you guys are getting back together or not, what will you say? Why?

Also if you're the one asking the question, and after hearing the answer whether it's a yes or a no, what do think and feel?

Just want to know what everyone would think and do if they were or were to be in the situation.

Personally, I wouldn't ask the question.

I have found it before that an ex has started seeing someone new...it hurt like hell, and was probably a good thing in terms of healing. BUT, whether it's a good thing in terms of reconciliation, I don't know.

It depends on how soon after the break-up...and how far away from a second-chance, it occurred.

Sometimes not knowing is far better than knowing.

If my an ex asked me the question...I would ask them if they were *certain* that this is a path that they wanted to go down, and then I would answer honestly - or I might even choose not to answer. It really doesn't serve much of a purpose.

My ex asks all the time, even though she is the 'dumper'. My sensible answer is that I do not think it is something that we need to talk about, if in the future it is necessary to discuss it we can do so then.. She is very persistent and then I just say no - which just leads to being accused of lying and a whole series of other stuff.. childish.

Being the dumpee for some silly reason I feel it is more ok for me to be with others if I choose - since I am more hurt from the situation. Obviously this is a flawed viewpoint but I cant help it The ex says she missed and still loves me but is confused - basically despite not wanting this I accept that she will be with other people, it hurts but I try to ignore it. If we decide to reconcile in the long term it will not matter, hurt like hell yes, but we should be above the jealousy for the greater good.

In the meantime, if I start seeing someone else and she is childish and persistent about it - i am still temped to just say no. I know this is lying but since we are broken up, she is hurting me, I don't feel a huge responsibility and will only tell what I am comfortable with. Partly my reluctance may from fear that it would push her further away, partly I do not want to hurt her.. Confusing I know

My answer was yes. Did you really think I was gonna sit around and wait for YOU? You DIDNT want me after all.

Get real. Do you really think Im going to sit there pining for you or am I gonna go out there and enjoy myself. DERR

And it turns out you got another fella anyway without even contacting me when you said you would when you were ready to try again so lets just say its 8-1 to me then yeah.

Urm.... I disagree.

IF you and an ex get back together, (or any new couple even), each person has a right to ask about their sexual history! definitely. Whether or not the person wants to answer is another story, and then its up to the person who asks whether or not they want to be in the relationship, but people have a right to ask, and should actually.

'yeah, my names mark, im a charmer, but i have slept with 250 people' urm... goodbye...

Take me and my ex for example, together 3 years, did not use condoms, serious relationship. Were in a strange situation at the moment. But, if when im back in his country, we do decide to give things a go, well, i will want to know if hes slept with anyone....

If he has, then its CONDOM time.

HIV tests will only come back with proper results, after the three month window period is up. So, Three months since the last 'shag'. But, if nobody wants to talk about that, then that means, right, from NOW, we are back together, that means i can only guarantee that from NOW, you are not sleeping about, which means, we have to use condoms for 3.5 months.... so that tests can come back correctly. Then, we can go back to our old sexual selves where we dont use condoms...

Now really, if the person hasnt slept with anybody, what a pain that 3 months is...... If they have, well then its worth it.

However, the bottom line is simply this.

There is no gaurantee they will tell the truth, EVER. So ALWAYS treat it as if they have, and make sure you have safe sex until the HIV window period is up.

I hope my ex would be able to tell me, but i doubt he would tell me the truth if he had. Its not about being jealous, its about looking out for yourself, sexual health wise, and for that reason, it is any partners business, to ask about sexual history.

Its kinda a doff question though. Because, one 'ex' may say to the other, 'its non of your business' but really, they themselves would like to know too. There is no ex that goes back to an ex, and doesnt want to know.... They all do, and they all wonder, so why not just be able to ask, and get honest answers.

I tell you why, because if the answer is YES, they have, well then, it could make the SO lose interest, and call it a day.... So, no-body wants to risk that really.

So REALLY the truth is, everyone will probably LIE and say they havent...even if they have.

Sorry, rambling...

my point is, we all have the right to ask about sexual pasts, whether its an ex we're asking, or a newbie....

xxx

I think the best thing to say is the truth whether or not you or your ex wants to hear it.

I'm in this situation currently. My ex bf and I got back together after a 3 year split and I know he slept with 2 girls since he was with me. It does not make me happy to know it (and he knows this) but he was honest with me and that is the important thing.

With that said I do sometimes worry about the possibility of picking up something from him that he might have gotten from those two girls.

If they are still and ex. - it is none of their business.

If you all are talking about getting back together - it is none of their business

Sorry rootcause but I disagree. If you are getting back together, or even talking about it then it *is* your business and I would hope that each other is completely honest with the other.

Archived