Some good reasons for going NC

CrapAtNC

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Lit it is and if people focus on that and less on the ex then you never know what may happen..as you read on here all the time....picking yourself up and dusting off is only the beginning! Grasping a new llife adventure is where it is at and if you do that you are bound to find a truly amazing peron to share your life with, it may be the ex it may not but it will be someone that chooses to love you and knows how to show you love!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great reference guide when in NC. My favorite is the 'Assertive/Cool' aspect of NC. NC is so tough. I really miss my ex and hope the NC is creating some feelings for me on her part. When she let me go (about 5 weeks ago) She said she doesn't want to date anyone and believes our old relationship was too toxic.

Maybe after another month or so (I'm on Day 17 of NC) I will just send an email. We are not on bad terms but she does not contact me. I last contacted her with an email which basically let's her know I'm still on the hook. She responded and it was a friendly update on what she is up to, nothing earth shattering. Well, tomorrow will be the longest I've ever gone NC so that should build a lot of confidence in me....I hope

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpety bump - one more added.

I'm having some great success with NC and nonchalance combined. We have to communicate over work, but since I stopped any personal contact at least and ignored her attention-seeking outbursts, her behaviour has greatly improved and our work dealings have improved to ... lukewarm.

Bumpety bump - one more added.

I'm having some great success with NC and nonchalance combined. We have to communicate over work, but since I stopped any personal contact at least and ignored her attention-seeking outbursts, her behaviour has greatly improved and our work dealings have improved to ... lukewarm.

Okay, that's good. At least you are showing her that you are not going to put up with her "crap" (sorry, I couldn't resist using that word

• 1 month later...

Back at the end of August, I posted a thread about a very terrible break up that I just couldn't get over. I did it all to try and atone and had a few members here slap me around and bring me back to my senses. Well, after the last thread I posted about contacting her on August 25, I went strict NC. Nothing from me. She called once and sent an email regarding some money I owed her to which I never replied or answered but I mailed her a check. Then in October she sent me a text message telling me the State Police called her as they were doing a pre-employment background check on me. That was October 4. I didn't reply to that text either. I have been excellent with NC and have not broken down or replied to anything she has send me since August. Last night however, for the first time in months, I dreamt a very vivid dream about her and I woke up missing her and started regressing and almost felt the urge to get I'm contact. Then I came here and read this thread and it SAVED me. To the author, thank you. This thread is powerful and I want it bumped for people who may be in a similar situation. This thread re-grounded me and kept me from making a huge mistake.I hope you all find it as useful as I. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Kept bragging what a great gift giver he is. Asked for advice on an order for his Godson (300 bucks on the gift)

Told me he sepnt 500 bucks on his new puppy's gifts.

Kept telling me he knew what he was getting me for xmas.

Sent him little thoughtful gifts...........

He received them tonight and thanked me and said he didnt get me anything but it was cool i thought of him and his puppy (got him a game, card and his dog a gift too)

He didnt even send me a card.

And I might add this guy just whined that he only made 155k this year as a lawyer.

ARGH...........................

Archived