Depression

SwingFox

Hey folks,

There is a way out of this state of mind and guess what? It doesn't even take much. I have felt like you. I have been pestered in school to death and that messed up my childhood. However, I got out of it. How? Here's the secret:

The trick is to find out what is really on your mind. Write down what is bugging you as specific as possible. Then make a list of things that makes you happy or would make you feel happy. Prioritize the list and write the possible solutions to your questions. Then start working on them one by one. Take babysteps, because you can't do things overnight.

People, it has taken me two years of my life, but now I am a very happy person, full of confidence and self-esteem. I surround myself with people that make me happy. Those people that make me unhappy will get the boot, because I don't want to go there anymore. I have walked on my toes to make people happy and counted myself out. No longer... it ended there.

Go out there, folks and make a difference. Fulfill yourself with positive energy. Then go out in the world with that smile. Work on the list meanwhile and things will work for you in the end.

Good luck!!

~ SwingFox ~

Swingfox, you're an extremely rare exception, in my experience, who has been able to pull themselves out of the abyss without anti-depressants and/or counseling. Three cheers for you!

However, in some cases, it's far easier said than done. For some people, there simply is something awry in the brain chemistry which causes people to be depressed. Through no fault of their own, (for lack of a better analogy) they're wiring has a short. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

My suggestion (and it has worked wonderfully for me) is to begin with counseling. The first step is realizing that there is a better way to live. Coming to the conclusion that something is wrong is half the battle - so huskot - you're well on the road to overcoming this. Through counseling and perhaps anti-depressants you'll discover the reasons you're feeling this way and begin the process of turning it around so you can begin to feel that life is worth living.

It doesn't mean you're a failure. It doesn't mean you're "broken". Everyone needs help once in a while. This life thing is a tough road to plow. But you should take the first step in seeking help before you get too deeply depressed. It 's rotten to feel depressed all the time and you REALLY and truly don't have to feel that way anymore.

Granted, it won't change overnight and it'll take work, but all of the sudden you'll discover that you actually have happy moments, then days, then weeks. Find a counselor that you "gel" with. You have choices out there - you can shop around for someone who works well for you.

Good luck!

hourglass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't you hate hiding and wanting to get out but there's something telling you not to? Depression fills this world, talk to someone about it, i'm sure they see it but maybe that don't wish to say anything. It's frightening to know someone you care about is in depression very deep, and maybe they don't want to say anything because they don't want to offend you. Quit hiding and putting on faces, be yourself, and let people know how you feel !~

I now fell fine, you know why I got a girlfriend! At first I went out with her to make her happy(she was telling everyone how much she LOVED me) because she was a friend of mine. Now though I am really starting to fall in love with her! My parents don't support us at all(even told me to break up with her!) and told me I couldn't but her parents love the idea so we are still going out! It sucks that next year she is going to a different school then me(and I can't go with her, ALL GIRLS). Anyway, I am A LOT more happy and upbeat about things! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Korey