How To Co-Exist with the "Step Mom"

Brooke657

My parents got divorced when I was 14. Both of my parents are remarried. My mom married a plastic surgeon who I have other issues with but my dad also remarried a couple years later. He married a 21 year old. My dad is now 45 and she's now 23. Which is really creepy when you think about it..I mean when she was 10 he was 32. There are 4 kids (left) in my family. Brendan 24, Taylor 22, Me 18, and Kaelia 14. His new wife is younger then my brother. Now I don't just dislike her beacuase of her age, she's also extremely spoiled. She is the most obvious gold digger ever. Now I have some insane spending habits but they don't even come close to hers. She thinks she controls everything in our house too. She always has her friends over and throws parties when my dad is out of town. She's like Barbie and our house is her Malibu Mansion lol. She doesn't even care about my dad like at all she always hits on guys. The weird thing is she still thinks she should have some parental control over us. Brendan lives in Texas so she doesn't really even know him and Taylor lives in Los Angeles so she has no control over that but it's totally differnt with me and my younger sister. She always trys to tell me what I can and can't do but it's like I'm sorry your just such a joke. I hate her almost more then anyone. But somehow I have to continue co-existing with her for another month and a half. I feel so bad about leaving my younger sister with her. I'm going to have to come back constnatly to check on her considering my step mom is the worlds most irresponsible 23 year old. I just don't know how to deal with her. I just feel like pushing her off the balcony or closing the pool cover while shes still in it (I'd never really kill her but she makes me want to). Any tips on what I should do about the whole thing?

I just feel like pushing her off the balcony or closing the pool cover while shes still in it (I'd never really kill her but she makes me want to). Any tips on what I should do about the whole thing?

Why dont ya just push her! lol i kid but seriously I feel bad for ya, sounds almost like cinderella and the evil step mother. From what you've said she sound's like a total goldigger. Maybe you talk to your dad and tell her what she's doing get your sister to tell your dad too and maybe he could tell her to back off. If he wont listen, then couldn't your sister little sister go and live with your mum or something?

Why dont ya just push her! lol i kid but seriously I feel bad for ya, sounds almost like cinderella and the evil step mother. From what you've said she sound's like a total goldigger. Maybe you talk to your dad and tell her what she's doing get your sister to tell your dad too and maybe he could tell her to back off. If he wont listen, then couldn't your sister little sister go and live with your mum or something?

My mom lives in Frisco and she's also a vicodin addict. I think every single one of us have talked to my dad about herand we always get the give her a chance speech. I just get in insane fights with her usually degenerating into name calling matches. It's like I'm fighting with someone in my class.

Wow Brooke...you sound like a made for TV miniseries. You should write about it, cash in, and move out into your own malibu mansion. ALthough, you sound more intelligent than even that. I don't know how you could put someone who is only five years older in the "mother" role. I am sorry about your mum.

lol, I agree with fnlyfrei! write this all up and sell the screenplay, make a million dollars. yikes. 21. yeah, that is creepy. geez, having a wife younger than your kids? creepy. that's all I have to say. and gold-diggerish!!! I hope your dad made her sign a prenup. I wouldn't count on getting an inheritance from your dad one day, who knows if she has changed his will. I would say to make sure you have a good job one day, and don't expect to necessarily inherit your dad's money one day... (sorry if that sounds really cynical, but i know what goes on sometimes.....)

well, my mom also remarried someone. I don't call him my stepfather, i call him "the man who is married to my mother." he's a bit of a gold digger himself, IMHO. anyways, i live far away from them, so I don't have to deal with him.

The good news is Brooke, is that you're off to college soon and won't have to live with her anymore. only have to see her during the holidays. well, now you know, just because they are your parents doesn't mean that they are wiser. parents go through their little "fun phases" too where logic does not enter their brain.

I hope your mom kicks her habit

You seem to have a really good head on your shoulders considering the environment you grew up in. You're going to make it in life.

Wow sorry to hear, maybe she feels threatened by you? You said its almost like fighting with someone in your own class, she probably tries to be "motherly" to you and your sister to compensate for the fact that she is practically the same generation as you guys. I guess as annoying as this could be, you and your sister could try the opposite approach of being really nice to her even if she is a good for nothing goldigger living in malibu mansions. Try to get on with her and be more like friends so that she will stop trying to order you guys around.

lol, I agree with fnlyfrei! write this all up and sell the screenplay, make a million dollars. yikes. 21. yeah, that is creepy. geez, having a wife younger than your kids? creepy. that's all I have to say. and gold-diggerish!!! I hope your dad made her sign a prenup. I wouldn't count on getting an inheritance from your dad one day, who knows if she has changed his will. I would say to make sure you have a good job one day, and don't expect to necessarily inherit your dad's money one day... (sorry if that sounds really cynical, but i know what goes on sometimes.....)

If they made a tv show about my life noone would watch it lol. It's way to boring. Just a few big events and then the rest of it would be me writing here or playing soccer or running or playing video games or surfing or working or planning events for my school lol.

If they made a tv show about my life noone would watch it lol. It's way to boring. Just a few big events and then the rest of it would be me writing here or playing soccer or running or playing video games or surfing or working or planning events for my school lol.

write the screenplay with you pushing her into the pool, and then you get away scott-free until your college roommate turns you in.

LOL - don't actually DO this, just saying, jazz up the movie a bit

come to think of it, i'm sure there must be a "lifetime: television for women" movie already been made on the topic.

write the screenplay with you pushing her into the pool, and then you get away scott-free until your college roommate turns you in.

LOL - don't actually DO this, just saying, jazz up the movie a bit

come to think of it, i'm sure there must be a "lifetime: television for women" movie already been made on the topic.

I don't watch alot of tv. The only time I watch tv is to watch grey's anatomy, the office, desperate housewives, and americas next top model...but im a pretty faithful viewer.

hm.... what would the desperate housewives do....? hmmm..... (by the way, those are my fav shows too! except I watch LOST instead of ANTM.)

the desperate housewives would kill my step mom and put her in a freezer lol. but if i tried to live my life like that show itd be intense drama 24/7 lol. I DONT GET LOST seriously i watched the first season and now its like * * * i thought it was a deserted island...

oh, I love lost. i live for it. and i love the characters, especially Sayid and Sawyer... and jack. yummy

anyway, lol. they would put her in a freezer, next to the fudgecicles, lol!

what did your dad's friends think of the marriage? how did those two meet? i hate to say this, but i'm sure it looks a little silly to all those who know him. his wife would have been better suited to be someone your older brother was dating.....

anyway, lol. they would put her in a freezer, next to the fudgecicles, lol!

what did your dad's friends think of the marriage? how did those two meet? i hate to say this, but i'm sure it looks a little silly to all those who know him. his wife would have been better suited to be someone your older brother was dating.....

We're a strictly ice cream sandwhich family. My dad doesn't have friends he has "business friends". They met at my sister Taylor's gymnastics meet. My older brother is gay so I don't think it'd work out...his boyfriend would probably get jealous lol.

I don't want my stepmom to try to be a mother to her lol. My younger sister doesn't really have a relationship with my mom and my dad is kind of an absent father. It's always been ok though because I had taylor and kaelia had me and now im leaving. shes actually starting at my high school this fall...ill be gone but ive already got some people who are gonna look out for her. sage hill is a tough place to be when you dont know anyone. i know theyll look out for her until she finds her own group of friends. my older sister has cystic fibrosis so shes in and out of the hospital alot and i dont really want to put it on her to watch out for kaelia too. I'll probably end up driving home most weekend though.

Wow...that is an aweful situation...

I know some 23 year old girls and I can only imagine how frustrating it has to be for someone who's only 5 years older than you bossing you around in your own house.

In my opinion she shouldn't expect to be treated with respect from you or your siblings, she really doesn't deserve it.

How does your little sister feel about her? Does she hate her too?

Wow...that is an aweful situation...

I know some 23 year old girls and I can only imagine how frustrating it has to be for someone who's only 5 years older than you bossing you around in your own house.

In my opinion she shouldn't expect to be treated with respect from you or your siblings, she really doesn't deserve it.

How does your little sister feel about her? Does she hate her too?

Oh trust me she doesn't get any respect out of anyone in our house. My younger sister hates her just as much as me. My brother came home at christmas with his boyfriend and it was weird that his stepmom was younger then him lol.

Oh trust me she doesn't get any respect out of anyone in our house. My younger sister hates her just as much as me. My brother came home at christmas with his boyfriend and it was weird that his stepmom was younger then him lol.

In my opinion, just from what you've said, your sister would be a lot better off for her 4 years of highschool with your mom... even if she is a vicodin addict...

I'd imagine it would be a pretty rough 4 years otherwise.

In my opinion, just from what you've said, your sister would be a lot better off for her 4 years of highschool with your mom... even if she is a vicodin addict...

I'd imagine it would be a pretty rough 4 years otherwise.

Well she would never move to frisco she's very anti anything pushing norcal lol.

Archived