I have fallin for a best friend

I Have known this girl for a about 8 years now. About a 2 years ago I started developing feelings for her. But I did not act them I just pushed them to the side until recently They have surfaced real heavely for the last 7 months. I finally balled the courage up to tell her How I feel and I was expecting the worst. Because she is in a relationship right now.

Well I got what I was expecting which was rejection for a serious relationship but I still have her friendship.

But It hurts so bad just thinking about her being with someone else and I dont know what I should do. We are still friends but I still have those same feelings and I dont know if I should wait her relationship with this guy to hopefully run out or try to find another relationship.

Hey,

You do have a serious problem. When I read your posting I was wondering how long you are going to wait. A year? Two? A decade? A lifetime?

I have to tell you that there are so many other very nice women in the world. I think it would be a good idea to keep your eyes open while you wait for her. Who knows what crosses your path.

Good luck!!

~ SwingFox ~

well, in almost the same soup as ye in jimyer.

haha but, oh well. U dun really have to wait for her full time.

be available but waiting. tat means, if someone else happens to pass by, by all means grab the chance. Meanwhile, while ye is waiting for someone to pass by, ye can wait for her too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buddy,

I am in the SAME EXACT situation. I fell-in-love with my best girl friend who I have known since I was 4 years old (I am now 18). About 2 years ago I started feeling these strong feelings for her which i could not avoid. I went on this site to get some help and guidance and eventually gained enough courage to tell her how I felt. Ofcourse she was involved on another relationship at the time and still is. The response I got from her is she loved me as a friend and if it wasn't for me she didn't know what she would do. But she also said she didn't think she deserved a guy like me. now I don't know if that is just a girls way of saying NO, without hurting a guys feelings or if she really meant it. I am still confused on that. But as much as I hate to say you have to try to move on. Find other girls that you like, take them on dates, get to know them. Maybe eventually your best friend will come around. I am still hoping that for myself. And to be honest - you will still think about her, and sometimes you will cry over her, and sometimes when your out with other girls you will wish that was her by yourside. I know I did. Try to move on, but also leave that back door open just incase. (unless you get over it) I'm trying.

If you need anything else bud, just let me know. I need somebody to talk about this with too!!! HOPE I HELPED!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here but I seeked this forum for the same advice. Thats almost exactly how it is for me. Except our relationship is so close I would consider it brother-sister. It tears me up inside how I feel for her. The strange thing is, if she asked me out, I would say no. Why? Don't know, thats the part that confuses me, I've already opened up my feelings to her, she understands, she has even told me that she feels the same way about me even though she is in a relationship. Its very confusing.... I don't know if she is trying not to hurt my feelings by saying that, or if its true. I've had alot of problems lately, and wow, this just adds on top of it.

So I was wondering, what would you do, in my situation.

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.