What they don't know...

...is that I wish i could stay longer at work a lot of times. Everyone rushes home after work but I want to stay longer because they are the only real people I talk to. I make them laugh all day at work and they say I am the opposite of shy or nice...but i think im nice sometimes. My coworkers are all girls and all the girls ask if I have a girl friend, then they ask why I don't have one...

...i've tried dating w/o any friends but it's hard and doesn't work out very well...the girls i work with are gorgeous but i don't want to date them...i just want some friends. I don't think they understand...

In a way I understand where you're coming from - I'm in a job temporarily right now where I'm stuck in a hotel room all alone. It sucks, and I'm usually the last one to leave here because I don't want to be by myself.

No point here, sorry...just saying I feel your pain

just tell them that you dont want to involve relashonships with work but you wouldnt mind just hanging out, you could offer a staff's night out after work, maybe go out to dinner together . find common intrests and use them, do some of them like the same music you do? could go to a concert together. same movies? same food? same sports activity? same computer game?.........

be active in changing the things that make you unhappy, if your lonly initiate contact. if you sit there hoping for things to change..... take charge of your life, dont let it pass you by.

Yea do happy hour after work on a friday. Everybody loves those. Usually its laid back and you get to know people better out of work. Then you can start to see if any of them want to hang out outside of work. Might be difficult at first, being people might have their own groups and stuff, but worth a shot.

Archived