Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

1. Title of this thread is the same as my blog... except the after dark part. I added After Dark because I most likely will write about things here that I don't write about in my Blog. Here I am anonymous... there I'm not. So, now it's time to work my nerves a bit... To M... Posting on facebook that you started your rag... Really? While your at it why don't you just post pics of some used tampons for all our enjoyment. To B... The things you do that used to annoy me so much are starting to annoy me less and less. But, it's not that I've had a change of heart and see the error of my ways or anything... It's just that I CARE less and less. Also to B... While you are sitting on your ass talking/typing about all the things you want to do, I am actually out doing the things I want to do. But you continue to criticize me. To AZ, Would you be my friend at all if I didn't make good money? I love hanging out with you, but anymore every time I see you you expect me to spend it on you. To A... this isn't working my nerves. But I still want to say it. Thank you for making me feel the way you have these last couple days.
  2. I've been dating someone for several months and I'd been trying to be non-judgemental as I didn't know full story but the longer we date I realise there's no good reason for why his life set up is really immature and I'm finding it hard to imagine how future might pan out but would be interested to know if people think I'm being superficial. He's mid 30s and has a well paying job but has never paid for accommodation. The only place he's ever lived alone was paid for by his family. He currently lives with his mum and brother who don't work. He lived with an ex at her parents. Despite never having had the major outgoing of rent/mortgage, he has no savings. He just rips through his money and has never seen an issue with it (and probably wouldn't have) until I asked if he was thinking of ever moving out and I think the penny dropped that he wasn't going to get to go from one supported living situation to me doing the same for him. He has a really good job and I find the lack of aspiration and completely not understanding the value of money really off putting. His interpersonal interactions are really nice but this value seems super out of whack and the more I meet his family the more I see they're all living on generational handouts and living in parental homes forever to not "waste" money on supporting themselves. Is it a question of if the rest of the person seems nice or is this a red flag problem? My family is so far from this I don't want to be unreasonably judgemental but it does seem really weird.
  3. Money should never come between family members. But there are times when difficult decisions must be made, especially if a woman is handed an unexpected – and untraceable – sum of money from her brother, the source unknown his wife. What should she do with this money, and how can she ensure that no one else finds out about it? When it comes to a woman getting money from her brother, but his wife doesn't know, there are several steps she should take. Depending on the amount received, she may need to make quick financial decisions in order to protect herself and her family. The most important thing for her to remember is that this money is not hers to keep; it belongs to her brother, and any decisions made regarding its usage will affect him as well. First of all, the woman should investigate the source of the money. This may require a bit of digging, as the funds may have come from an unsavory source. If it is clear that the funds are ill-gotten or that they could cause legal problems for either party, then she should return them to their rightful owner. If, however, the source of the money is legitimate such as an inheritance, a settlement, or an illegal activity such as gambling or drug sales then she should proceed with caution because these sources can still lead to legal issues. The second step is to create a safekeeping plan. If the woman decides to accept and keep the money, she should try to make it as untraceable as possible. To do this, she should put the money into a separate account which does not link back to her or her brother. This account should be kept at a reputable institution and should be kept separate from her regular accounts. she should add a few extra layers of protection by setting up automatic transfers from the account or creating multiple accounts at different banks. Thirdly, the woman should ensure that the money is used for beneficial purposes. It could be used for investments or for paying off debts. If the money isn't needed to pay off any debts, then it could be saved in order to provide future security. She could also consider donating to charity or investing in projects which would benefit both her and her brother in the long term. The woman should communicate her decisions to her brother's wife, while at the same time stressing the importance of keeping this situation private and confidential. This can be a delicate conversation to have with someone who isn't involved in the financial transaction but is nevertheless worried about financial implications. By framing it as an opportunity to keep their relationship away from money matters and to maintain privacy between them, the woman will be better able to ensure that the situation remains contained and not discussed outside of those closest to them. It can be a difficult decision for a woman to take on when her brother provides her with money that his wife does not know about. But with careful thought and planning, she will be able to protect herself and those around her while using the funds responsibly and discreetly. With these steps in mind, a woman is sure to make the right decision when faced with this unique situation.
  4. When a husband who loves bargain shopping takes his wife out to dinner and he sees her order a high-priced meal, it can understandably cause some friction and put a damper on the date. After all, the husband may think the wife is being irresponsible with their money, or why would she splurge like that? However, the wife may be feeling entirely justified in ordering something expensive for herself. She may have had a long week at work, her job may be especially demanding, or perhaps she was promised a special treat from her husband – whatever the reason, if it is within the wife's prerogative to spend more than what the husband may consider as reasonable, then it should be respected. If, due to her husband's limited budgeting, his wife rarely allows herself luxuries, then this could be an opportunity for the husband to surprise her with a delightful meal and show his appreciation of her. On the other hand, if the couple has a hefty budget and the wife has ordered something incredibly unaffordable, the husband should make sure she understands they weren't planning on spending that much. Fortunately there are various ways to handle food arguments. The first priority should be communicating openly and honestly with each other. Discussing finances together can be uncomfortable, but it is essential if couples aim to resolve any kind of disputes involving money. A couple can converse about the issue and ask one another what their feelings are exactly in order to comprehend where their diverging opinions are coming from; oftentimes it can be miscommunication or a failure to understand the others' point of view. Another solution is for the couple to get creative with how they negotiate potential disagreements while dining out. Some suggestions include budgeting out meals and allocating funds fairly between the two, setting limits on how much individuals are allowable to order before consulting the other person, or having predetermined compromise plans that could be implemented if the conversation veers towards any unwanted waters. It is also important to remember that dating is a privilege not a right; in other words, if either partner does not feel comfortable enough to treat themselves for whatever reason — even if it falls within the confines of their means — then they forfeit their privilege of dining out. couples should take all arguments lightly; allowing minor disagreements to boil over into major ones should be avoided at all costs. When a bargain-hunting husband becomes miffed by his wife's costly meal choice – once both partners have assessed their spending habits in a calm and respectful manner – then a healthy solution can always be found. Ultimately it comes down to understanding one another and coming together acknowledgement of what is frivolous and what isn't. Only then can spouses reach an aggreement that will ensure no one feels shortchanged while leaving both parties with full bellies and hearts.
  5. When it comes to a relationship between two people, money can be a tricky subject. No one wants to think about the possibility of their partner being broke, but it happens. Life events, unexpected financial pressures, and tough decisions can leave one person in a position of not being able to financially support themselves. So, what do you do when your boyfriend is broke? It's natural to feel an emotional attachment to someone you're dating, and the thought of breaking up because of finances can be especially painful. It's important to consider the situation holistically and take into account your own financial well-being as well. Ideally, you should have had a conversation regarding money very early on in your relationship to decide who was financially responsible for different aspects of the relationship. If this conversation hasn't occurred, now's the time to do it. This should be done with a level head and no judgement; it's important that everyone involved understands the complex nature of the situation. If your boyfriend is currently struggling with their finances, there are a few steps you can take to decide whether or not staying together is an option. First, look at the long term picture. Could the lack of financial resources be solved in the near future or is this a long-term issue that could impede the relationship over time? Second, you should consider how his financial state affects you. If your finances are already stretched beyond their limits, adding the burden of your partner's finances may add undue stress on the relationship. Third, take a look at any required changes both of you will need to make to ensure each partner's financial health. In some cases, it may require more effort from you if you are in a better financial situation. Whether you can contribute a percentage of your income towards the household expenses or lend assistance in other forms, it's important to recognize what is possible. Understanding the strain on both parties is key for tackling the situation together. Evaluate the likelihood of the situation changing. Unless there's a plan or negotiation in place, staying together may feel like a gamble. Financial instability can also create tension and resentment within the relationship, so make sure you feel secure before deciding to take on the challenge together. Only you and your partner will know what's best for your relationship. But it's important to come to an understanding around money so no one feels ashamed or taken advantage of. Whether it's breaking up or using this opportunity to get creative and find a solution, it is important to make sure your needs are met in order to have a healthy, stable relationship.
  6. We all believe that we can control our own destinies and by extension, our relationships. We don't like to be reminded of those nasty emotional factors that still reign supreme over us and the ones we love. Unfortunately, though, the hard truth is that behaviors still shape the future of our relationships. A recent study identified and quantified six categories of deal-breaker behaviors that make someone less likely to stay within a relationship – namely being uncaring, trying to control their partner, or mistreating their children. As uncomfortable or even painful as it may be, coming to terms with these risks is crucial for being able to build and maintain positive, healthy relationships. We all long for companionship, for that mutual recognition of one another’s humanity, for true comfort in the company of someone else. Most of us convince ourselves that if we take certain actions, like showing kindness, we can craft any type of relationship to our liking. But feelings, although powerful, are not enough. You must also consider the behaviors that are most likely to shape the fate of your relationship. This can be so difficult because we desire, on some level, to ignore the potential ramifications of our behavior. To neglect the key role of behavior in both good and bad relationships. And yet ignoring this issue is like playing Russian roulette with our hearts and souls. At times like this, it's not always easy to move beyond our own stubbornness and reliance on autonomy. But it is important to realize just how essential an understanding of behavior is when it comes to maintaining a good relationship. If left unchecked, the issue of behavior can poison even the most passionate partnership. So how do we identify what sorts of behaviors are risky and which can strengthen a lasting connection? As suggests the aforementioned study, being uncaring to your partner, trying to control them, or mistreating their children are some of the riskiest behaviors. What this means is that when you really care about that special someone, you pay attention to the details. It’s true, feelings may carry more weight, but oftentimes small acts of kindness or genuine understanding are just as, if not more, invaluable. Being mindful of the words you use, the messages your body language sends, the little ways you show appreciation for the other person, being able to listen and respect their views, being able to listen to their needs—all of this combines to build an emotional cylinder of strength. Conversely, disregarding what could be called “emotional intelligence” opens Pandora’s box, harboring behaviors that can trigger even the strongest of relationships and diminish a couple’s “togetherness.” Similarly, we tend to think that trying to control our partner is a major show of commitment, but it could actually be a red flag. When the power imbalance is so great that it distorts a relationship, it can lead to anger, resentment and make communication nearly impossible. Regardless of intention, it can be a sign that you don't trust your partner and that you would rather jumpstart the process of decision-making than share it equitably. This is a behavior that deserves direct and focused attention until it is confronted and transformed or removed from the equation. As if the previous two weren’t enough, mistreating your partner’s children is yet another costly mistake. When you bring an unruly temper into the equation, it takes the spotlight away from what should define a relationship - mutual respect. No child should have to bear the brunt of irresponsible parenting decisions, and being a role model of civility means choosing respect and restraint when dealing with your partner's kids. No matter how strongly we may want to deny it, relationship success boils down to how skillfully we interact and behave with one another. We must keep in mind that it is vital to balance the scalpel of emotion and the hammer of behavior in order to demonstrate what is most important and to create the kind of relationship we want. While making the effort to be self aware can be challenging at times, it is essential if we truly want to unlock the cosmic potential of our connections, forming unions that crumble only when we decide they should.
  7. If you’re the parent of an ‘influencer,’ it’s likely you have a few unique challenges. As a parent, you want your daughter to be successful in both life and online life, but if she’s living with you and not paying her bills, it can be daunting to figure out what to do. Being an ‘influencer’ can come with some perks as well as pitfalls and navigating them can be difficult. Here are a few tips for how to handle this tricky situation. The first thing you should do is talk to your daughter about the situation. It may be that she’s simply trying to make ends meet or that she is experiencing financial difficulties. Either way, open and honest communication is key. It’s important to listen to what she has to say and consider her perspective during this dialogue. Next, it’s a good idea to establish a budget and payment plan if necessary. This will help you and your daughter understand where her money is going and give you some control over it. Make sure to include provisions for enough money going into savings, as well as any debts she may have. You can also set clear boundaries on what bills need to be paid and when – both for her and for yourself. In addition to creating a budget, it’s important to help your daughter build good credit. If she doesn’t have any credit yet, teaching her the fundamentals of building and keeping a good credit score can be helpful. If she does have credit, then being aware of her credit history and how it can affect her future goals is also important. You can look into options for helping her manage debt, such as consolidating loans or negotiating with creditors for lower payments. It’s important to provide emotional support. It can be difficult to witness your daughter struggling with finances, so it’s important to stay optimistic and encouraging during this process. You may also want to suggest ideas for other streams of income or budgeting techniques that could help. However, always make sure to respect your daughter’s wishes and decisions regarding her finances. Navigating the unique challenges of having an ‘influencer’ daughter living at home and not paying her bills can be difficult, but it’s certainly possible. With an open dialogue, a solid budget and payment plan, help with building and/or maintaining credit, and emotional support, you can work with your daughter to solve her financial issues. With a little effort, patience, and guidance, your daughter can be back on track to financial success.
  8. We’ve all heard the adage that says “money can’t buy happiness.” But for most of us, having a bit of money in our pockets can most undoubtedly bring some degree of comfort and security. So it stands to reason that the more money we have, the more content and fulfilled we might expect to be. This theory may conceptually seize us; however, there are times when having more money may not offer an increase in happiness. This issue is relevant particularly with regard to increased earnings. Research has found when an individual earns more than $100,000 a year, the sense of joy associated with a pay raise can diminish. First, let's acknowledge that whether or not we believe that money can buy us happiness, what we buy with our wealth is sure to have an influence. When our income increases over $100,000, the thrill of major purchases (like fancy cars and large bedroom sets) will likely become more mundane. But our spending on leisure activities may also become less stimulating. The idea of seeing the same Broadway show again may no longer spark us in the same way it did when our financial means seemed novel. But there is more to dig into when slicing through the fat of money and emotions. An earlier landmark study done by criminologist and PhD candidate, Rafael Luttges, uncovered another hidden factor when it comes to money and happiness. His research disclosed that as a person’s salary reaches beyond $100,000 per annum, their sense of well-being begins to level off. In addition, factors such as free time, work satisfaction and life balance shrink in relevance. Now, why does this happen? As it turns out, there are several psychological factors at play. When someone earns above the $100K mark, they have tied up so much of their identity in money and wealth, they can come away feeling a lack of purpose. Likewise, if they have difficulty separating status from worth, they may feel as though they are missing something in their lives. This discrepancy can magnify a sense of guilt at not having achieved more, even though their accomplishments are admirable. But there is hope. It has been proven that this phenomenon can be challenged given the right circumstances. If a person earns a significant sum of money but actively works towards improving their sense of purpose, fulfillment, and wellbeing, they can win back these elusive feelings of joy. This can be accomplished through meaningful volunteer work, engaging in creative projects, fostering relationships with friends and family, utilizing executive coaches, or simply being conscious of how one allocates his or her cash flow. Money can make a difference in our life and how we feel about it. All the same, having too much money can be trying and cause us to lose sight of what truly matters in life. Bearing this in mind, it would be wise to keep our values and long-term goals firmly in sight, because these objects of true worth will bring us far more contentment and satisfaction that money ever could.
  9. Humans by nature are creatures of self-reflection and regret. We're constantly making decisions about how we live - both small, everyday judgments, and more permanent ones that set the course for life. Though it's impossible to predict our future regrets, examining common patterns and life choices can help put us on the path to a happier and more fulfilling life. It may be second-nature for us to dwell on the "what ifs" of our decisions. However, striving for a fulfilling, healthy life doesn't have to come with a litany of regrets. Here are 10 life choices that individuals often look back on with regret– and tips to help you avoid them. * Relationships: Ending a relationship prematurely solely based on fear of commitment or the unknown. Rather than letting fear lead, address it head-on and explore your gut feeling and why it’s there. * Career: Not taking the time to reflect and assess what will bring you long-term satisfaction as opposed to short-term reward. Focus on going after opportunities that will bring long-term fulfillment in addition to a greater salary if possible. * Money: Spending irresponsibly without - or just beyond - your means. Create a budget, track expenses, and ensure that you’re making sound financial moves which won’t cause regretful debt down the line. * Parenting: Relying too heavily on other people’s advice rather than trusting your own parental judgement. Every family and child is different, so listen to yourself and trust your intuition when raising your kids. * Family: Ignoring signs of problems within the family dynamic out of fear or avoidance. In this case, it's better to face those issues head-on rather than leave pitting in unexpressed emotions or tensions. * Dating: Trying to force yourself into the ‘traditional’ relationship timeline. Don’t compare your own relationship milestones to others – take it at your own pace and respect your boundaries. * Breaking Up: Not being honest with yourself or your partner when things decline. It's important to be truthful when you recognize it is time to move on. * Divorce: Going through a drawn-out divorce process due to constant bickering or lack of cooperation. Though divorce is hard, it’s important to bite the bullet and come to an amicable outcome if possible. * Marriage: Coming into marriage from a place of selfishness, rather than looking for a life of shared joy and mutual understanding. Commit fully to the concept of partnership and keep communication open for the most successful relationship. * Personal Growth: Putting too much focus on the end goal rather than the journey that getting there requires. Try to find joy in the small steps day-to-day, as these will lead to lasting satisfaction. Though regret comes with the human experience, thinking through potential pitfalls can help you make an informed decision when life presents you with a major choice. By doing so, you might find yourself saved from a boatload of second-thoughts in 10 years.
  10. It’s no secret that having a successful career can be demanding. With long hours, competing priorities, and high stress, finding a way to strike a balance between your relationship life and your professional life can be difficult, to say the least. This conflict between professional success and relationship harmony is nothing new, but learning how to maintain the two without sacrificing either one is surely a challenge. Most people will agree that, in a perfect world, an individual should be able to provide, grow, and further their career, while at the same time have a healthy and satisfying relationship. But, understanding how this works in real life is sometimes difficult. Fortunately, there are a few steps a person might take to better manage their relationship and professional life successfully. The first step is to take a hard look at current expectations within the relationship. Unreasonable expectations have become increasingly common, with many individuals placing pressure on their partners to work long hours, particularly during busy seasons. While it’s true that work/life balance takes effort from both partners, it's also important to ensure that expectations are in line with both resources and capabilities. It’s also important for both partners to develop a mutual understanding about career goals in order to maintain a healthy relationship. The second step to maintaining a healthy work-life balance is for both partners to develop effective communication skills. Having open communication between both partners regarding needs and expectations is essential for developing a good work-life balance. Issues related to work-life balance can often be challenging to discuss, but it’s important to create opportunities for honest dialogue and compromise. having space and time to disconnect from work is also vital; scheduling time outside of work to spend time together as well as apart is important. It’s important to understand that, in some cases, emotional labor may be necessary. Emotional labor is a type of labor that involves tending to emotional needs, often providing comfort and care for others. This is often an unspoken task that both partners need to contribute to in order to help bring balance and harmony to the relationship. Finding balance between a career and a relationship is challenging, yet achievable. Lovingly communicating expectations, understanding the distinction between responsibility and capabilities, and providing care and consideration to one another are all important components of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. For those interested in finding harmony between their professional ambitions and personal relationships, taking these careful steps will undoubtedly lead to a more balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
  11. Divorce is often thought of as the metaphysical death of a relationship; it’s a life-altering event with dire emotional, psychological, and financial costs. The act may cause a seismic shift in the lives of those involved, leaving them feeling empty and lost. But if addressed thoughtfully, couples can often avoid the horrors of divorce, no matter their personal circumstances. What are some of the most prominent reasons for divorce? Communication often crumbles in the wake of irrevocable differences, whether those be moral, experienced, or emotive. In this chaotic commotion, simple frustrations can quickly escalate into impasses, leaving the pair no choice but to split. While it would be painless to point the finger of blame at one party or another, both spouses should bear equal responsibility – without understanding or communication, any relationship will deteriorate. At its roots, money serves as a frequent destroyer of marriages. With money comes power, which can lead to problems with ownership and domination. If one spouse earns significantly more than the other, the struggle for control can become pitchfork-wielding pandemonium. Both parties should respect one another’s contributions to the marriage, making sure that each partner finds worth in their contribution, be it financial or otherwise. Problematic parenting can also chip away at the foundations of a healthy relationship. Marital bliss can turn to marital abolish in the blink of an eye if the couple fails to agree on parenting styles. Also, excessive involvement from one’s own parents (i.e., in-laws) has been known to drive wedges between the couple. This isn’t to say that a team mentality shouldn’t be practiced within the family, merely that boundaries must be established. parents must find a happy medium between minding their children’s business and keeping themselves informed. Combatting abuse – verbal, physical, or emotional – is often a matter of reeducation within the relationship. Marriage studies suggest that when one partner regards the other with pity, the relationship is nearly always doomed. Pity can develop when either partner feels the other is not fulfilling their end of the “bargain”, leaving one spouse with the overwhelming sense that they’re being taken advantage of. Both individuals must recognize the compassion in their mate, and actively seek out methods to build respect in the relationship. Given these realities in mind, what strategies are available to couples looking to prevent divorce? Firstly, communication must be cultivated over time, preferably before marriage. This might look like establishing ground rules or striving to become clear communicators. Secondly, honesty and respect should be highly prized. Without these qualities, the relationship may quickly dissolve due to underlying issues. couples should be open to seeing a professional mediator or counselor if it’s deemed appropriate. If the relationship remains operational afterwards, ongoing counseling can stave off further damage. Every marriage is different. Although divorce may be an option in some cases, it should not be accepted as a status quo. Couples who want to maximize their chances of staying married should create an atmosphere of understanding, honesty, and love, so that instead of standing between them, divorce will remain just a distant possibility.
  12. Money has long been the source of much tension and conflict between couples. When two people join together both financially and romantically, it can often be difficult to reach mutual understanding and agreement on issues such as budgets, household spending, and other financial decisions. If this lack of common ground is not addressed and managed in a healthy way, it can lead to serious strain and deterioration within the relationship. When one partner earns more money, or follows different spending patterns than the other, financial disagreements can arise. Even if they don't, many couples will likely encounter trouble deciding how to divide their income and share responsibility for bills, debts, and other financial commitments. These disputes over money can be further compounded by pressures from outside sources such as family, friends, or societal pressures about the ideal “marriage lifestyle” or what is expected of couples. It's important for couples struggling with financial issues to remember that disagreements about money is normal, and even healthy for marriages. Discussing finances openly is necessary for partners to move forward, develop trust and understanding, and be productive in problem solving. Having a conversation early on in a marriage about money can help set a tone for successful financial management later on. As couples come to terms with each individual’s financial history, current finances, and future goals, they should try to respect one another and appreciate their unique perspectives. Instead of assigning blame or resorting to name-calling, couples should focus on finding ways to compromise. Coming to compromises and working out both short-term and long-term solutions doesn’t mean that both sides get exactly what they want, but that they can find a combination of both partners' desires that will benefit the entire family. One way to ensure that both partners are heard and respected is through active listening. This involves being present in the conversation and heavily engaged in what one's partner is saying without judgement or attempting to correct or change the ideas or suggestions made by the other person. Showing interest, using eye contact, and open body language can facilitate effective active listening. When solving financial issues among couples, it’s also important to keep an open mind and understand that things can change and evolve as different seasons and stages of life progress. If a problem arises, couples should always seek professional advice from a qualified financial advisor, or marriage counselor if necessary, to help them come to an educated and beneficial plan for tackling their financial difficulties together. Disagreements about money can be challenging, but with open communication and a willingness to work together, couples can navigate through these conflicts and build a healthy, stable financial foundation for their shared marital life.
  13. Fighting over money is one of the most common causes of stress in relationships. The bickering and bitterness created by financial arguments can lead to a breakdown in trust and feeling as if your partner doesn’t understand or acknowledge your financial needs. Although navigating finances with a partner can feel difficult, it is possible to come to an agreement that works for both of you. By being purposeful in crafting a budget, prioritizing communication, and regularly assessing what is working and what isn’t, you can create a plan for dealing with money issues that will reduce stress, build understanding, and might even bring you closer together. Budgeting begins with taking a good look at where all your money is going. Review bank and credit card statements, note spending habits, and have an honest discussion about what is necessary and what can be reduced. Tailor budget items to fit your lifestyle and expend disposable income in a thoughtful way. A mobile app like Mint can help track expenses, set budgets, and provide helpful insights and data. Spending a full day together mapping out a budget can be beneficial. For example, make a list of the combined monthly expenses such as rent, utilities, food, gas, streaming services, etc. and decide which person’s income should be assigned to each expense. If one partner makes more money than the other, they may want to take on more of the fixed debts, while still accounting for the smaller partner’s income. Align short-term and long-term financial goals to make sure both partners understand and support each other’s direction and priorities. It may also be important to consider allowances. Consider creating separate “fun” accounts for clothes, entertainment, or anything else that is non-essential but drips little treats into your life. Separately, discuss and agree on individual expectations. Set up “need” accounts that span both incomes that cover things like groceries, utilities, and gasoline. With a better understanding of individual and mutual needs, it should be easier to come up with a system that works for both of you. In addition to navigating numbers, communication and negotiation is a necessary component of successful budgeting. Schedule regular meetings - say, biweekly or every month - where you can review expenses and add or subtract adjustments. Be prepared to compromise and be open to suggestions. Discuss success, progress towards goals, and plans to pay off debt. Compromise, check in, and trust each other. Growing to understand and appreciate each other’s spending habits is the key to establishing trust and moving toward common ground. Imagine that you and your partner are a team. Allow yourselves and the relationship to grow and understand that there may be days when financial decisions bring tension and frustration. Deep breaths, patience, and resolution are essential to maintaining a strong connection during difficult financial conversations. Setting and following through on a budget can be difficult and even tedious at times, but the effort that goes into understanding and resolving financial differences can pay off in the long run. Working together to manage the often-unpredictable volatility of cash flow brings security to relationships and peace of mind in a lasting and meaningful way.
  14. Emergencies can pop up when we least expect them, leaving us scrambling to figure out just how to cover the cost. It's important to be prepared for such situations, and having an emergency fund is one way to do that. But that begs the question: How much cash should be kept in an emergency fund? It's a good question, one that involves several important factors that should be taken into consideration before coming up with an answer. One of the most vital things to consider is your current financial situation. Focusing on your job stability is essential, because it will inform the amount you should have in your emergency fund. This means looking at if you are in a secure job; if you are not, having more money available in an emergency fund is key. But if the position is stable and consistent, then depending on what other benefits you have, such as health insurance, the amount may be lower. Another thing to consider is where the money for the fund is coming from. Some may have a steady stream of savings that can gradually replenish it with each additional contribution. Others might rely on bonuses or commissions, which comes with its own set of obstacles due to potential slowdowns and pay expiration dates. Therefore, one should take a close look at their finances to understand exactly where the money is coming from and whether the flow will remain steady. Assessing your personal risk is also practical. For example, if you have a medical condition, you should aim to have more to cover any potential medical Emergencies. Additionally, if you have several dependents that rely on your income, it's smart to have more safeguarded just in case. It's also important to look at your relations with debt. Do you have high-interest loans to pay off, credit card debt, or car payments? These should all be taken into account when deciding the ideal amount in the emergency fund; if you fall ill or lose your job, this debt does not go away, so one needs to plan for those scenarios. Other long-term expenses should also be weighed in. Taking into account the cost of living in the area you reside, larger expenses and asset purchases, educational or job opportunities, or starting a business and by looking at these plans, one can come up with a sum that fits their specific needs. Finally, it's vital to determine when it is okay to use the funds kept in the emergency fund. Use outside of an actual emergency is not recommended, instead, it’s important to make sure the only time the cash is taken out is during a true emergency. Having an emergency fund is critical but it should never replace regular savings and everyone should avoid dipping into it unless necessary. However, by taking into account these factors and determining the right amount, you'll be better suited to face a financial setback with ease.
  15. Have you ever felt like you've reached a crossroads at your job? Do you dread Monday mornings, barely drag yourself through the workweek, and dream of the weekend as you count down each day? If so, you're not alone. Many people find themselves in this situation, and when finances become tight, it can feel impossible to get out and make a different life for ourselves. It's enough to leave us feeling like we're stuck in limbo, wishing for something more and not finding the way forward. The good news is that there are effective ways to cope and come to terms with this situation. It's easier said than done, but by defining our values and making conscious choices, we can stay in control of our lives and survive until something better comes along. The first and likely toughest thing to do is to manage your expectations and check in with yourself. Are you really in a spot where you need to stay in your job because of finances, or have you built an emotional reliance on it? Before proceeding with any strategy, take some time for introspection. Self-awareness fends off heaps of unnecessary stress, and remembering why you're feeling the way you do is a powerful way to combat feelings of helplessness. It's also important to separate your job from your identity. We spend a lot of hours and energy in our workplace, and it can be easy to start equating ourselves with our work tasks. This isn't healthy or realistic, though. You are your own person, with goals and dreams and ideas, and designating yourself as an employee all the time isn't beneficial. Re-establish your identity as something larger than your job title. Financial freedom isn't always possible in the short-term, and basic needs have to be taken care of, but you can still strive for growth outside of work. Find creative outlets and practices that nurture your soul, such as writing, reading, gardening, music, or sports. Give yourself the time and space to be creative and imaginative, and if there's a long-term project or hobby you've been wanting to tackle, now is a great time to do it! Having a side project is a wonderful way to express yourself and get a sense of completion, no matter how hard your job might seem. Living a fulfilled life isn't all about financial success. Instead of allowing stress to become your normal state, opt for quality of life and happiness. Who knows - maybe this current job will open new doors or help you establish an impressive work record, enhancing your overall career. Make it a point to check out job postings and keep up with industry trends in the meantime - knowledge is power! In the end, never forget your worth and remember that true financial freedom starts within.
  16. The weight of financial stress is something that many individuals struggle with. It’s a daunting task when you’re looking at the amount of debt accrued and all the interest fees associated with it. You may be searching for a way out but haven’t seen any tangible results yet. You just don’t know where to start, but what if I told you it was possible to have a fresh start? Financial freedom isn't something that happens overnight. When trying to overcome huge economic challenges, the best strategy is often to take things one step at a time. This is the best way to avoid becoming overwhelmed by the situation. Relying on yourself and exercising self-discipline can lead to success in overcoming financial turmoil. Every morning you can choose to wake up and remind yourself of your goals. Make it fun! Even if you don’t have much money, you can start making small incremental steps by either researching different finance topics online or having an informal budgeting session with someone close to you. Find ways to motivate yourself to make improvements to the exhausted forgotten aspects of the financial side of your relationships. Start to look at the bigger picture. Acknowledge the fact that sometimes adversaries disguised as mountains can be overcome by sheer willpower and focus. Put yourself ahead of the game for a change. Begin to pay off some of your most neglected debts. This can be a great starting point that will help you feel a sense of accomplishment. Once your debt is paid off, proceed to take on higher levels of debt at a faster rate. This does not mean becoming overwhelmed and taking on too much. It means finding ways to strategically pay off the highest interest debts first which makes financial sense in the long run. As you begin to tackle various financial issues, consider setting long-term goals that you can focus on. This should be a goal that will ease all your financial stresses eventually. When your financial problems seem unbearable, think about how accomplishing this particular goal will help you reach financial freedom. Achieving such a goal can take a lot of mental and emotional strength, but it can also contribute to your overall well-being when done right. Also, understand that you are not alone in your journey. There are plenty of resources available online to assist in exploring and learning different approaches to financial freedom. These resources are there to help you grow and gain knowledge which can benefit your financial future. By using these resources, you may find some helpful tips to help you get back on track. Finally, instead of remaining passive and expecting financial miracles, take control of your financial affairs and put in the hard work. This can make a difference in the amount of time it takes for you to get back on your feet. Remember, moving forward one step at a time is the key to finding financial freedom in the midst of chaos. Symbolism of financial stress as a mountain, Irony of expectations versus hard work, Foreshadowing of successful outcomes through diligence and discipline, Metaphor of broken relationships, Hyperbole of financial impossibilities, Alliteration of 'financial freedom', Imagery of success, Onomatopoeia of 'taking control' and Simile of small incremental steps; these are the factors which shape financial redemption. By carefully crafting these pieces, you can create a path to financial freedom and build a bright future for yourself.
  17. Struggling is a part of life. We all experience it from time-to-time and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution to alleviate the difficult feelings that come with it. Living life can involve a constant onslaught of feelings of being overwhelmed; such as relationship issues with partners, financial problems, health issues, self-esteem and confidence issues, indecision and guilt about past choices and lack of support from friends and family. It can be a long and hard-fought journey but don’t give up now—help is available. Diving into the depths of overwhelming emotions is like a fall into the darkness that’s almost impossible to shake off. But have faith, as difficult as these feelings are, they are not permanent, they do not define you and they will eventually pass. Every challenge has a solution and if you can call on your support network and make use of the multitude of resources offered, then you’re already halfway there. Self-care is so important and can go along way to helping you manage the day-to-day stressful situations. Making time to get out in the fresh air, going for a regular walk and keeping your body active all help to reduce the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Taking breaks whenever possible and setting aside some time for relaxation whilst doing activities you enjoy, will help reduce anxiety and reignite mental energy lost due to exhaustion. A laugh can work miracles too, as it releases endorphins, also known as the happy hormones. Taking time to look after yourself ensures that you’re able to stay on top of your work and responsibilities without feeling overwhelmed. Going for regular checkups at your local doctor and engaging in positive conversations with people outside of your immediate circle are helpful activities for keeping things in perspective and maintaining psychological balance and emotional stability. Talking about your struggles with people in a trusted environment like a counselling session or asking your closest friends and family for advice can also help. Letting it all out, whatever it might be through writing, music or any other form of art can have a calming effect as it allows you to start making sense of your thoughts in a safe space and release emotions buried within. Recognising what triggers your stress and accepting it, instead of focusing on negatives, takes time and dedication but it’s achievable. Focusing on the positives can both reduce stress and help to cultivate an attitude of contentment. Redirecting your energy towards achieving life goals and ambitions does wonders for self-esteem and prevents stagnation. Once balance and mental clarity is achieved, tapping into others that share your journey through life can reignite the passion and enthusiasm needed to go on and thrive. Making sure you have the right people around you that either uplift, direct and navigate through any difficulties, will prove invaluable when it comes to taking on new challenges. The road of life is never comfortable, however, by looking up each step of the way, at the possibility of more and taking personal responsibility to face and tackle challenges head-on, amazing rewards are unearthed…strength of character and resilience, gained through conquering defeat and realising that no burden is ever too great for the human spirit. And though all this might sound abstract, one thing is certain - you’re never alone in the struggles life brings, holding it back is the first step towards facing them and overcoming them.
  18. It's easy to become overwhelmed, stressed and unsure about how to handle any difficult situation we may find ourselves in. Whether experiencing an emotionally charged relationship issue, a challenging career obstacle, financial woes or any number of profound life events, it pays to seek advice and support. Guidance and direction can often be found by tapping into our own inner wisdom, but when that’s just not quite enough, seeking the wise counsel of family and friends can prove invaluable. After all, those closest to us have the utmost respect for our opinions and can provide insight and perspective in ways we couldn’t anticipate. Often with a compassionate ear, they can help us make sense of feelings we may be struggling to ascertain on our own. Exploring professional and personalized resources can also be extremely beneficial for uncovering new angles, perspectives and project ideas related to our unique situation. Consulting a trained therapist or counselor, for example, can offer valuable insights and strategies for dealing with whatever dilemma we’re facing – from long-standing anxieties to inter- relational conflicts. Guidance from these professionals can assist us in calming our overwhelmed emotions and feeling greater confidence in terms of direction, action and resolution. When fear or strife conspire to dominate our thought patterns it can be comforting to divert the mind by participating in activities that bring happiness. Spending time in nature, exercising, socializing, and finding a creative outlet can all be tremendously effective at transforming uncertain energy into positive impulses. Moreover, taking part in these activities can help shift our focus away from the problem, allowing us to objectively analyze our challenging situation with renewed energy and insight. Seeking out group support can also be very empowering. Knowing we’re not alone and connecting with individuals who can relate to our specific struggle can be an incredible source of comfort. Sharing stories of success, achievement and discovery can build up optimism while at the same time providing opportunities to form meaningful bonds with like-minded individuals. such groups can provide both tangible advice and lasting friendship that can prove incredibly healing. We all face difficult situations throughout our lives, and it’s important to recognize when we need extra guidance and support. Whether enlisting the aid of our nearest and dearest, consulting a professional, accessing personalized resources, indulging in activities that bring us pleasure or seeking out a support group, turning towards what truly helps can offer the clarity and insight we need in these trying times.
  19. So you've just come into a life-changing inheritance. It can be tempting to blow it all on a shopping spree or a dream vacation, but with a bit of thought and care, you can use your newfound wealth to improve your life in meaningful ways. To start, take some time for yourself. This windfall is a huge shift in your life and you deserve to sit with it and reflect on what it means for you. Even if you don't have the answers right away, make a habit of checking in with yourself every so often to stay present to your emotions and ensure that you are using your money in ways that bring you fulfillment. Once you have given yourself time to adjust, consider how you might use your money to increase your happiness. Take up a hobby you have always wanted to do; attend a course you've been interested in; explore a new part of the world. All of these activities provide wonderful opportunities to learn something new, expand your horizons, and enjoy yourself. Alternatively, you could use your inheritance to invest in yourself and the future. Have you ever wanted to further your education, start a business, or upgrade your skillset? These may require more of an investment of time rather than money—but now, you have more financial security to support you as you strive to reach your goals. You may also want to use your inheritance to help those in need. Consider donating to charity, creating a scholarship fund for students in need, or helping out your local community in some way. Not only will you be supporting people who need it, but your generosity will undoubtedly give you a feeling of significance and purpose. Finally, think about how you can use this newfound wealth to pass all of these lessons onto the next generation. Whether or not you have children of your own, you could think about building up a nest egg for your relatives, mentoring the young people in your life, or investing in volunteer projects that benefit young people in need. Inheriting money can be a difficult yet incredibly rewarding experience. With thoughtful consideration and planning, you can ensure that you make the most of it and set yourself up for a secure and happy future.
  20. For as long as history can remember, powerful people have pushed the narrative that having more money does not equate to having more joy and contentment. While it’s true; money doesn’t automatically make anybody happier, a recent study conducted by economists at the University of Michigan has revealed a surprising truth: Having more money does actually lead to some degree of improved wellbeing. As these new studies continue to emerge, it begs the question: Is money really all that bad? Could it be that this popular story—pushed by the wealthy—is nothing more than a convenient excuse kept in their arsenals to avow responsibility of their own mistakes or lack of foresight into their investments? Have they been lying to us all along? It's easy to understand why so many powerful people would perpetuate the “money can’t buy you happiness” mantra; after all, they already possess financial wealth while many of us are struggling just to make ends meet. Nobody likes the idea of being scrutinized for their wealth or being judged as inferior if they don’t have the same means. In the article ‘New Research Debunks the “Money Can’t Buy You Happiness” Myth’ published by Forbes Magazine, the author notes that ‘having a higher income improves one’s chances of having better levels of emotional wellbeing’. It follows then, that “certainly, the extreme pursuit of money at the sacrifice of all else is hardly a recipe for long lasting happiness”, implying that money can indeed buy temporary happiness, but true joy and contentment can only come from our relationships, experiences, and appreciating the moment. Much of our beliefs about money stem from our childhood and how we were raised to think about money. We are socialized to associate money with bad qualities and characteristics, such as greed, insensitivity and selfishness. But what kind of message does this portray? Is being unable to buy luxury items a sign of being unfulfilled or unsuccessful? Of course not. Money can’t buy an automatic golden ticket to success, however, without a thick wallet, someone cannot even take part in many aspects of society. This often leads to feelings of exclusion or hopelessness due to their financial limitations. It goes without saying that having money grants access to a world of opportunities most of us can only dream of. It also brings with it a certain level of control, stability, freedom and financial security. Of course, money isn’t everything and having it won’t guarantee perpetual happiness. Nor will it solve all your problems. As the saying goes, “Money can’t buy you love.” It’s important to remember that money alone will never be enough to fill our lives with meaning and purpose. But, who’s to say that having it won’t improve your quality of life? So; was it a lie when the rich said money wouldn't buy happiness? Yes, it appears so. In light of the recent studies, we can conclude that money does play a role in our overall wellbeing. However, it is not a panacea, and should never replace living in the present and working on our relationships and experiences. The truth about money is that it can help us on our path to happiness and contentment, but it cannot replace the core elements of a full, balanced, and meaningful life.
  21. It’s a heartbreaking reality: men have refused to marry their pregnant partners in order to “protect” their money. In cases like these, it can be difficult to know how to help them make the decision to do the right thing and marry their partner. In most cases, this situation carries serious implications for everyone involved. Most notably, the baby will lack the legal protection of having two parents present to care for and provide for the child. Emotional pain and fear for the future can mount for both partners when marriage is refused due to potential financial threats. Realizing that some men are facing such tough dilemmas can make it easier to approach the situation with an open mind and non-judgmental attitude as we explore options for what to do. At first, it can be helpful to gain an understanding of why the man is making this choice, which can often be related to cultural or religious beliefs. Even if the man only cares about protecting his money, it’s important to remember that he doesn’t have all the facts or the full scope of the situation. It’s important to provide him with accurate information about the various financial repercussions of both marriage and parenthood. Second, it’s important to provide emotional support if needed. Whether the man is considering marriage or is steadfast in his plan to avoid it, emotional support is essential in order to ensure the best possible outcome for everyone involved. This can include listening to his concerns, helping him to reduce stress, exploring resources, and providing assistance with decision-making. Third, understanding the laws can help to guide the way in this situation. Some countries will not recognize the parental rights of unmarried fathers and will make decisions regarding guardianship and custody based primarily on the mother’s marital status. In other situations, the laws may favor the married father's rights more. Fourth, explore options. There are a few possible options that could help to resolve the dilemma, such as having a legal agreement drawn up that outlines the responsibilities and rights of both parents, setting up a savings plan or trust fund to help prevent economic burdens in the future, or finding ways to reduce financial strain without marrying. It’s also possible to discuss the idea of marriage without implying it is mandatory, or perhaps there’s a way to negotiate both partners getting what they want. Finally, recognize the courage it takes to choose marriage as the right move. Marrying a pregnant partner can be scary and exhausting, but in the end, it’s usually worth the work, effort, and financial investment. the true cost of a man refusing to marry his pregnant partner is the loss of the baby’s security and protection that often comes from having two parents present.
  22. The rich and the poor have often been held up to be complete opposites of each other, but new research suggests that they may share more in common than previously thought. A team at the University of California, Berkeley set out to answer what many have pondered- are rich people really less ethical than their lower income counterparts? The team conducted experiments using tasks such as go/no-go games and Prisoner's Dilemma designed to measure moral judgment and ethical decision-making. What they found was startling; the wealthy perform less ethically on many tasks than their poorer counterparts. Rosalyn Everett, Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley, commented on the implications of the study's results. “It seems that the rich may be overconfident, or feel a sense of entitlement, which may lead them to pursue their interests even if those interests come into conflict with their moral values.” In other words, the study suggests that the richer a person is, the more likely they are to act unethically or disregard their morals. Easton Severn, another member of the research team, highlighted the importance of understanding how wealth can influence our behavior. "We find ourselves in an era of rising wealth inequality, so it’s important to recognize the way in which money can influence our moral decision-making," he said. Understanding the power of money can help us all make more ethical decisions in our own lives. Wealth may also be affecting ethical behaviour in the corporate world, making unethical decisions appear 'normal' or socially acceptable. With unethical behaviour being commonplace in many industries, it can be difficult for individuals to stand up against unethical actions, particularly when they are in the minority. The team's research provides an interesting insight into the influence of wealth and ethical decision-making. It's easy to assume that wealth is simply the result of ethical conduct - hard work, smart decisions, honest dealings - and that this could lead to some kind of karmic reward. The reality, however, appears to be far more complex, with the distribution of wealth playing a key role in ethical decision-making. As society becomes increasingly unequal and millionaires threaten to outnumber the middle class, this could have major repercussions for the ethical behaviour of both individuals and corporations.
  23. The last thing you would expect as someone in their late teens or early twenties is for your parents to hand you a sizable chunk of money – and then expect you to give it back. You’d likely be imagining the possibilities that you could do with the money – go on a holiday, purchase a car, open up a small business. The prospect of this hard-to-come-by fortune can be enticing, and the request to be returned once again might cause some confusion or resentment. It’s important to take a step back and evaluate the situation from a more bird’s eye perspective. Upbringing often affects the way we handle money, especially when there are already predetermined expectations. For example, if you’ve grown up in a family where money is a constant problem, then opportunities to obtain larger sums can be quite attractive; whereas, if you are part of a family with a more affluent background then such resources might not be seen as having significant value. The reason why your parents gave you the money and then asked for it back is most likely due to one of three reasons. The first is to provide you with financial security while they can still afford it, and the second is to set up a specific goal or commitment – like starting a business or taking up an education course. Finally, the third could be seen as an investment in your character development. It could potentially teach you practical lessons about deferred gratification, budgeting, understanding investments risks and various other life skills. In any case, it’s important to remember to remain respectful yet honest with your parents. what needs to be understood is the underlying message behind the resource transfer: Are you being given a temporary loan for a good cause? Is the goal greater fiscal responsibility or self improvement? When evaluating how to best handle the situation, communication is key. Acknowledge the difficulties of returning a gift and also express appreciation. Explain that while they have given you something that you have sought after, you understand why they have asked for it back. If you plan to use the money for a particular goal then make sure to present it to them in the most illustrative way – either talking to them, writing a report or showing them visual examples. This way they can connect the dots, which leads to the next vital point: mutual trust. If you provide evidence of responsible use and prove the money is being put towards a productive goal , then the chances of it being returned are much higher. If your parents still want the money back and it is causing excessive emotional turmoil, seek professional guidance. You could speak to a psychologist about the situation or discuss with a financial adviser about how to manage the funds and meet the desired goals. Consider the big picture of the allocated money and its purpose. Receiving a large sum of money from your parents can bring lots of stress, but it can also be a tool to further improve yourself, emotionally and financially. In the end, making the necessary commitments in order to receive the gift, can pay off in the long run and be the catalyst for future success.
  24. Should Men Pay for Women’s Transportation When They Ask Them Out on a Date? When it comes to dating and relationships, concerns about gender and money come to the fore. This has been the case since time immemorial, but how this balance of power plays out is continually shifting. The traditional expectation has long been that men should pay for a date — particularly if they asked the woman out. But with increasing gender equality and women’s rising economic power, a simple matter like who pays for a date has also become a complicated issue. Some argue that it’s still appropriate for men to foot the bill entirely or at least to split it down the middle. Others assert that these should be shared costs. The debate around who pays for a first date can be recursive. An old-fashioned man who feels he must pay for a woman’s dinner will likely feel obligated to ask out women, which has connotations of an unequal relationship dynamic. But if the woman initiates, she may be called out for her boldness or seen as “desperate.” In either situation, there’s uncomfortable power imbalance. It’s important to consider not only the cost of a date — dinner, drinks, movie tickets — but also how couples get to the date. It’s usually expected that when men ask women out, they cover transportation costs as well. This can pose a financial burden, given the fact that taxi rides, Ubers, and other rideshare services can be expensive. A lot of the pressure can depend on the particular couple and how they interact. For example, some men may consider that it’s only polite for them to pick up their dates and take them home afterward, while others may choose to handle it in a more egalitarian fashion. The issue of who pays is often bound up with changing gender roles in society. In many societies, economic and cultural power is still unevenly distributed along gender lines. The continued expectation that men should pay for dates is a byproduct not just of traditional beliefs about gender roles and responsibility, but also of financial imbalances. In the end, individuals and couples should come to their own conclusions about who should pay for a date. A solution involving far more than just sex-based roles might include each person paying for what they order, older individuals helping younger ones out, and people being generous and thoughtful in how they use their resources. Unraveling traditional expectations and having conversations about money (and all the power dynamics associated with it) makes things complicated, but it can lead to stronger, healthier relationships. Regardless of whether he or she pays for the date, a great one may ultimately be priceless.
  25. It can be difficult to tell your mom that you would rather have cash than clothes when it comes to gifts. After all, moms are often eager to express their love and affection through gift-giving, and they might not understand why you would prefer cold hard cash over a more tangible – and personal – gesture of love. But if money is tight or simply more beneficial to you, telling your mom how you feel can help to ensure that everyone’s needs are taken care of. As adults, we rely heavily on communication in our relationships; this is especially important in the relationship between a mother and her adult children. Whether it’s a college student in need of some help to cover living expenses or an adult who prefers cash for more big-ticket items, being honest with mom is key. Before broaching the subject with Mom, it’s worth taking some time to consider what form of help would best benefit you and also be acceptable to your mom. This can mean having a conversation over a cup of coffee or in the car if you’re running errands together. Start by being honest about your current financial situation, including any struggles you may be experiencing. Don’t make excuses or blame anyone else, but simply share the facts in a respectful manner. If you’re gunning for cash instead of clothes because of a financial burden you’re currently bearing, sharing your specific needs and the ways in which her cash offerings could help will really help her understand your position. Explain your reasoning clearly and calmly, and earnestly express your appreciation for her generosity and willingness to help however she can. Show understanding for how difficult it can be for a mother to let go of her expectations of giving clothing as a gift. It’s also important to explain how much it would mean to you to receive cash instead of clothing – think of how much easier it would make managing your finances. It’s always worth assuring your mom that you understand the significance of the gesture, and the relationship, even if the gift won’t come in material form. If there’s something mom is particularly love shopping for, such as shoes, or a certain type of clothing, it may be worth breaking the news to her as soon as possible so that she knows not to plan any trips to the mall. It’s also important to assure your mom that there are plenty of alternate ways youtwo can show your affection and love for one another. And that, if anything changes and you no longer need a cash gift, she’ll be the first to know! No matter what the outcome, try to be respectful and kind. Coming from a place of understanding may help you to better reach a mutual conclusion. Even if your mom isn’t totally understanding of your wishes, remember that she’s doing so out of love.