Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

1. I think most of us could use some emotional support through the pandemic. To be clear this is SUPPORT , criticism and blaming is not needed. I know some us out here are high risk or normal risk. If you need a warm fuzzy today, I love you ❤️ Virtual hug.
  2. Anger is a natural human emotion that can be powerful and protective, but it can also be destructive and blinding. When we experience anger, our perception of the world around us can become distorted, and we may lash out and blame others for our problems. In some cases, anger can lead to prejudice and bias towards the object of our anger, further blinding us to the truth. In this article, we will explore the ways in which anger can stop awareness and growth and discuss strategies for overcoming this powerful emotion. The Protective Nature of Anger Anger is often a protective emotion, serving to alert us to potential threats and injustices. When we feel angry, we may be motivated to take action to protect ourselves or others. Anger can be a healthy response to situations that are genuinely threatening or unfair. However, anger can become problematic when it is excessive, inappropriate, or misdirected. For example, if we become angry with a loved one over a minor disagreement, this anger may be excessive and misdirected. If we hold onto anger towards someone who has long since apologized or changed their behavior, this anger may be inappropriate. The Distorting Nature of Anger One of the dangers of anger is that it can distort our perception of the world around us. When we are angry, we may see others as the cause of our problems, even when this is not accurate. We may blame others for our own shortcomings or failings, or see them as enemies rather than allies. This distorted perception can be harmful not only to our relationships with others but also to our own personal growth and development. When we are unable to see our own role in a situation or acknowledge our own weaknesses, we may be unable to learn from our mistakes or improve our behavior. The Biasing Nature of Anger Another danger of anger is that it can lead to prejudice and bias towards the object of our anger. When we are angry with someone or something, we may be more likely to view them in a negative light, even if this is not accurate. This bias can further blind us to the truth and make it difficult to see things objectively. Overcoming Anger to Promote Awareness and Growth While anger can be a powerful and protective emotion, it is important to learn how to manage it effectively to prevent it from stopping awareness and growth. Here are some strategies for overcoming anger and promoting personal growth and awareness: Slow down and examine your anger: When you feel angry, take a step back and examine why you are feeling this way. Is your anger justified? Is it an appropriate response to the situation? Are there other factors contributing to your anger? Examining your anger can help you gain perspective and prevent you from overreacting or misdirecting your anger. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is the practice of being present in the moment and observing your thoughts and emotions without judgment. When you practice mindfulness, you can become more aware of your own emotions, including anger, and learn to observe them without reacting to them. Use “I” statements: When communicating with others about your feelings, use “I” statements instead of “you” statements. For example, instead of saying “You make me so angry when you do that,” say “I feel angry when you do that.” This can help prevent you from blaming others for your emotions and promote healthy communication. Practice forgiveness: Holding onto anger towards others can be harmful to your own personal growth and well-being. Practicing forgiveness, even in situations where the other person has not apologized or changed their behavior, can help you let go of anger and move on. Seek professional help: If you are struggling with anger and it is interfering with your ability to function in daily life, seeking professional help may be necessary. A therapist or counselor can help you learn healthy ways to manage your anger and promote personal growth and awareness. While anger can be a powerful and protective emotion, it can also be blinding and harmful to personal growth and awareness. By slowing down, examining our anger, and practicing mindfulness, we can learn to manage our anger effectively and prevent it from stopping our personal growth and awareness. By using “I” statements, practicing forgiveness, and seeking professional help if necessary, we can learn to overcome the blindness of blame and promote healthy communication and relationships with others.
  3. Battered woman When you going to learn He doesn't love you Your on your own The beatings hurt The scars ain't gone But sooner or later Your soul will be torn What's it going to take For you to just leave One last hit or until You can't breathe Battered woman I know what your thinking It's your fault for what he's doing You blame yourself Over and over again You ask yourself Will this abuse ever end He's going to keep doing it It's all up to you You just have to gain the courage To move on and start new It's not going to be easy Take it one day at a time The hurt will subside and you'll finally have A PIECE of MIND.
  4. When you smoke when you drink, and you drink too much, and you live undercover, under blanket, under pillow With no direction with your life; A plan's here you're sure Some emergency escape, some hidden plot hole Somebody to guide you in a certain direction Holding your hand, smiling with affection Some love to rely on, lean and confide in Until you decide to curb stomp again. But there's nothing there, no happy ending No horse ridden sunset, no great epic conclusion All the life lessons that served as your tools, crashing down in front of you,unused, The gates breached, the soldiers slain, the warmth of the battle, no time to dig graves Stretches to a courtyard, you're reluctant to cross, the silence of death, pain and of loss. You crawl through the courtyard, and fall into mud, sinking deeper and deeper, mistakes piling up over your stupid, ignorant head. Until you drown in your guilt, sadness and shame You've hit rock bottom, and you need to take blame You've hit rock bottom, and you need to take my hand I'm angry, because you keep falling, again, and again, and again.
  5. Don't Blame Me Don't blame me, We don't always have control, Of our thoughts when it comes to love, Just when I thought we were on a roll, Dancing on cloud nine and floating above gravity, Your words brought me back to reality. Don't blame me, I'm happy I've moved past you now, I won't trouble you no more, Just when I thought I didn't know how, I woke up stronger and wiser today, My thoughts will no longer stray. Don't blame me, I only told you how I felt, It wasn't easy to tell you at the time, That thoughts of you made my heart melt, Now I realise you're still indecisive, you gotta make up your mind, You've still got so much to do if it's real love you wish to find. Don't blame me, For allowing my thoughts to wander, Life is full of mistakes, of trial and error, It's not my fault your words once made me feel fonder, I'm yet to understand why you chose to let me go forever, I still believe that we should never say never. Don't blame me, If things go wrong, Our hearts may now be playing a different tune, We're no longer singing the same song, But out of the goodness of my heart I still care, Playing the part of the friend who's always there. Don't blame me, For things we can't always help, You can't tell me you weren't feeling it too, At least I never lied about how I felt, I still hope you're happy wherever you are, Perhaps someone else is thinking of you from afar.
  6. Recorded with an mp3-player, so please excuse the quality! BEAUTIFUL link removed (Verse 1) I know you have this theory that if you just shove things Under the carpet, they will not emerge No, they just lay there and linger I can't even explain how I'm wrapped round their finger And you, don't you ever feel the need to f***ing talk 'Cause let me tell you, I sure do And you, don't you ever wonder why You put me through the cruel things that you put me through (Hook 1) But I am not a saint 'Cause all these thoughts running through my brain Need an outlet (Chorus) And every time he calls me beautiful I feel beautiful I feel beautiful But isn't also quite so pitiful That I feel beautiful Only when you're far and gone (Verse 2) I know you have this theory that if you can't explain Any of your actions, then you cannot be blamed No, just because you're stupid Doesn't mean in any way that you can excuse it And you, don't you ever wonder if I'm still bitter Well, let me say, you've got no f***ing clue And you, don't you ever wonder what I'm thinking 'bout When I am silent, if you only knew (Hook 2) But I am not a w**** It's just not the same anymore I need an outlet (Chorus) (Hook 3) But I am not in love With him, he's just someone Who's become my outlet My outlet (about my very troublesome last relationship, and the emotional affair which ensued between me and my boss whilst still in the relationship)
  7. CLOCKS Clocks on the wall watch with sympathetic eyes Their minutes reluctant, yet their calling there lies My calling lies with you, and in waiting for your name Your calling lies with them, yet I called you and you came But ages have been, hours lived and died Oceans fell and rose, tide after tide My feelings stayed steady, not a wrinkle, not a scar I loved you from all distances, but the most from a far I desperately wanted you but would not take you It's easy to mistake, but I did not forsake you It is I who's been forsaken, done wrong by myself I placed my body out of reach, his grip the highest shelf But wherever the body is, the mind does not follow My mind is full of imagery, the body is hollow My mind in obsession, telling gallantly our tale I never grow weary, it never grows stale It never grows cliched, it never grows old Repeated in lunacy, yet it still feels untold Only one soul on Earth who has not heard the story All you saw was treachery, not the love nor the glory And wherever your presence is words will not go Diminished into nothing, silence will grow For though I may speak, both loudly and clearly I speak only gibberish, sometimes coded, but rarely And I talk of your stupidity, your failure to all see I talk of your stupidity, when the stupid one is me I talk and talk of feelings, to all who do not care I talk in hopes that it will reach you, travelling ear to ear But I must be aware of the spies, their senses are surely polished Your goodness to me is so clear that I'd hate to see it demolished I'd defend your honor till the end my love, I'd start a war in your name I'd assemble a thousand armies, I'd gladly assign myself blame And though the blame would be unrighteous, I'd claim it as my child You were always the sensible one, I was the one who was wild I was the one with the passion and fury and good senses that had no say You were the one with the moral and values, you were the one lead astray But as I speak it, we both hear it, it's incorrect and misspelled I never took you, though I would claim to if the trial ever was held I could proudly wear my love for you, it stays hidden in your protection Whilst I am your shame, your secret, your lie, the smudge in your own reflection And the more you tell me of my grandure and greatness, the more you become my vice Ten minutes a day, a dream every night, does not for me suffice You've made me greedy and I do not like it, I do not like my dislike for her You once told me she was the best thing for you, I'm your sickness, she is your cure And whatever ails you, she will nurse you, as I lie alone and unwell My conscience in pain, my pressure unstable, my heart beginning to swell You are only there when you find it fitting, you left me alone and diseased Do you find it so strange that I had to show you that I can by others be pleased? And though I couldn't, at least I can say there was an effort on my part It's always easier to be weak than strong, especially for the heart Pleasure first, it asks selfishly, knowing of pains to come And as they arrive, many and forceul, it does not wish it all undone And here I lie, patiently waiting, it seems you will never show And if you now are gone forever, there is one thing you must know Every moment, though small in time, was big and great and grand The touch of your skin, the sound of your voice, the feel of my soul in your hand I found you endearing, I found you amazing, though I found it unable to sound I found myself proud for finding you, I found you a treasure unfound I found myself happy that distant morning, as the ship laid on the docks Nothing will erase the memory, not even watchful clocks
  8. Hey. I know times are hard Don't kill yourself I know its what you feel but its not all you've felt I've been where you've been and hurt where you hurt dragged along ground face smashed in dirt Its not all your fault your not to blame people are cold so full of hate So self-defeater don't give up just now you've got a life worth living and a chance to live now So pick yourself up right off the ground brush your heart off go another round Your worth the time please don't give up on me now your worth the time don't give up on me now.
  9. Sometime in life you will realize, you’re on a different ship. No matter how tight the knot, how good it felt, a heart will lose its grip. Not every soul will set sail with you, everyone will not agree, They won't all have the same faith on the wind, in an open-minded sea. Than there are those who can't decide, Just watch. They gasp for hope, but hold their breath on the bottom of the reef. Poor souls side stems from all is grief! Can anyone dare blame them? Love lost has its burdens and they can drag you in deep.
  10. I'm not a big poet. Actually this is the first real poem I have ever wrote. I just wrote it when a lot of things were happening with my life and it helped me feel happier. I strongly urge anyway who feels sad or depressed to write out your thoughts. Pain I see the pain burn, Like an ever-growing flame. Your hope slips away, Yet there is no-one to blame. The knife and joint won't help you, Devil's control within. Fight the urge to lay down, To rip apart your skin. Drugs may infest your blood, But your emotions remain there. The blood on your shirt, Won't change your prayer. Wipe away the tears, I feel your hurt. There's more to life than death. It won't take much to revert. Gaze into the darkness, Discover what's inside. Realise that you can make a difference, No matter where you hide.
  11. My boyfriend of the past year has blamed me for everything going wrong in our relationship. He is very verbally abusive and has threatened me so much that my mum had to call the cops and put an AVO out on him. I still love him, and after all this happened he was so lovely and sorry. A week later he was swearing and cursing me again telling me everything happened because i am the one at fault. He has told his whole family our private life and keeps saying he has done nothing wrong and he is crazy beacuse i made him this way. He hates me seeing my friends, hates me having my say. He calls me a liar and worse( dont want to swear on this site) I just dont understand why i still love him after all he has put me and my family through. At the end of it all he is so adiment that it is my fault i often wonder if maybe it is. Confused....
  12. This is not mine! this is a poem by Rudyard Kipling If If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you But make allowance for their doubting too, If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or being lied about, don't deal in lies, Or being hated, don't give way to hating, And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise: If you can dream--and not make dreams your master, If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools: If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breath a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!" If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; If all men count with you, but none too much, If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son! --Rudyard Kipling
  13. I have to face the fact that there are a million things I can’t undo I have to face the fact that I’m still in love with you And I wish could I would claw back the times when you hid the truth behind lies I got sick so of playing that game And said it was over and you were to blame I never knew why you couldn’t trust me and why you sometimes wore that frown but now I find it easy to see It’s because everyone you loved let you down I never let you down. And everything we had we had to fight for as the selfish tried to tear us apart It took just a moment for you to be taken away but love stayed to twist my mind and my heart. I have to face the fact That there are a million things I can’t undo I have to face the fact I’m still in love with you.
  14. Disclaimer: I am not a poet nor do I ever write poetry... This has been something ive been thinking about doing since i was inspired in March of 08...Its about a man(my friends grandfather) and his late wife who was taken away early by cancer. They were really nice people and i thought I owed it to them to write something to remember them by. snowy street, suffering cold this thirty by twelve cabin cell calls memories made mingling, haunting alone you sit, to die pain penetrating pillows you sleep an angry man, bitter at this hell you must go at alone hands hurting, back breaking, cackling cancer hysteria filled, hollow head do you see her at night like you say does she call for you waiting waiting, waiting for what for death to come whisk you away intertwined with your other half go now old man, shes waiting culling cries concentrated i wouldn't blame you if you left
  15. Just wrote this to vent in a better way than punching the wall. Not sure it even qualifies as poetry, but here it is anyway: You expect perfection You expect servitute You expect things to suddenly change You see the best result in your mind You blame everyone but yourself when it's not achieved You think you deserve the best because you are a parent You are naive You shout out your demands and empty threats You believe repeating earlier failiures will make a success You work many hours a day which I thank you for You have no right to take out your anger out on others because of it You gave me life, I never asked for it You can't expect gratitude from someone who no longer wants it //C.E.
  16. I stand in the rain, While closing my eyes, Forgetting the pain, Discarding disguise, The dark creeps along, The wind screams aloud, Trees swaying real strong, All the while bowed, My hands filled with earth, Unclenching my fists, Reversing the birth, My conscience persists, It asks me again, And again and again, If I'm really here, How why where and when, My clothes are soaked through, Voice all cracked and raw, But one thought of you, Creaks open a door, I'm standing outside, Sky's surrendered rain, Heart split open wide, To feel you again, Raising to my knees, I stand on my feet, And look around me, So, so incomplete, The graveyard is empty, A single tombstone, Amongst all the debris, I still stand alone, She lies there, beneath, The ground, I can't see, I think you just took, A big part of me, I stand in the rain, Still calling your name, I can't just let go, 'Cause I was to blame, Deep down, deep inside, You know it is true, I meant when I said, The words... "I love you" -Siraf
  17. If If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies, Or, being hated, don't give way to hating, And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise; If you can dream - and not make dreams your master; If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two imposters just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to broken, And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools; If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breath a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on"; If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch; If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run - Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son! ~Kipling
  18. A shadow casts over The light in her eyes It is her reflection alone No one else to blame After all, One can only perceive that which they be… We are all motivated by our own selfish needs It's the fool That lets their heart be played "You have to learn the rules of the trade" Interpret words spoken Catch the words unsaid Acknowledge the words We wish we heard How silly it all seems. We read meanings differently! Blinded by what we wish to see. Don't get mad, Laugh at your vanity, Your moralism, Your humanity… The problem is- we all can't win When we are all on different teams!
  19. My youngest memory was you and mom fighting When did you think it was ok when i was crying Did i have to scream any louder to get you to stop Then you left, then called, and still yet, i sobbed You threatened to leave us and get your own place All i remember was tears on moms face The way you cornered her and made her freak I hate how im like you, i hate when you speak You never taught me the right thing to do You just yelled when i was wrong then yelled at mom too When we lived like slobs i cleaned up the piss my house is clean now, yours i don't miss You blamed my best friend for robbing our house You know he didn't do it, i kept silent like a mouse He was all I had and you took him away Not like I had a real home, just a house to stay Then you sent me away, tough love right God damn you i hate you so much You ruined my life and take no responsibility What the hell did I do to you anyway? You're not even worth this stupid poem anymore Damn you for making me turn out just like you When i hurt myself you blamed me and got mad, what's your damn problem anyway you narcisisstic bastards Can you say sorry just once? Is that too much to f**** ask Why is it my fault?
  20. deception lies you're a fraud. you can justify it rationalize it explain it turn the blame on me "you don't understand" of course you're not responsible your actions aren't your own someone else consumes you you are a mere observer everyone hates you is out to get you conspires against you manipulate excavate emotional exploitation theatrics histrionics make-believe what do you really think? how do you really feel? what goes on in your mind? spotting sincerity arbitrary not real distinguishing lies impossible how? this is madness stop justifying stop explaining fix yourself. fix me. fix us.
  21. just want you to know not to let it get you all big headed cause the only reason i ever cared is cause you never paid me no mind i just have it out for me it's not about you but you brought on the pain the feeling of being small and unimportant that i needed and so you do it again and i take all the blame and that's what's real what makes life visceral so get over yourself cause it's not about you there's hundreds more like you a dime a dozen as they say that can bring me pain too and honestly, you really must just think i'm a push over that's cool being a door mat a place mat upon which to clean off your shoes or enjoy your food but really that's just not me but sometimes i try so anyways, goodbye
  22. A fire burns, the flames flip and turn, like the anger inside me, when it's bursting free. Screaming, but nobody listens, crying, yet nobody cares, trying my hardest, but all good deeds go unnoticed, others are recgonized in the rest, though why not in me? Blamed for everything, when I was only trying to help, only trying to care, I guess I fail at that too, just like with most things I do. I cause myself alot of pain, half the time to discover if this is really happening, if I'm really here, and I never do really fear, if that pain will cause my ending. My life feels like an empty book, pointless and full of nothing, I'm only an existence, worth the blame, the flaws and the pain, my only true meaning, is which you are seeing, the blame, the flaws, and the pain...
  23. Your friendship was all I wanted To be close To be heard But you threw everything I had away It was my fault It was all my fault- I let you down I could not let go the ignorance and jealousy in me Childishness indeed I stare at your photos now at the person I knew since a child Whom is anything but these days Always with a smile upon her face Though my heart aches I wish the best for you I hope you wish The best for me too Good luck with him He's the only one you'll love That and new friends The door closes on me To your heart Here it ends Brown hair beauty Hazel eyes Found her way alone achieved responsibilites through strife Angelic face, always tried so hard Never let them see her weak At least not as she grew up I will miss what she meant to me The fun days we had, just connecting My closest friend, I hurt you the most Her parents and sister hurt her for show But now they are all her best friends She truly is a beauty I never believed it would end It hurts to lose you This time we won't make up Dont ever think I used you I just knew nothing else to do But show my emotions, raw and all I'm sorry you didnt understand me I'm sorry I blamed you for this Even now, I wish you did and accepted me dearly As I always have of you and will miss sincerly
  24. Tired of everything..I need a fresh start from it all, It's like the higher I build myself up the harder I fall, And I just lost the man I love..found out his heart was so cruel, But still I'm miserable being apart from the fool, Soon, I'll have no heart left at all..feel so much hate and despise, Believe I'm not worth very much, so i don't aim very high, And you know who I blame for the strain..and the pain in my eyes? See so much evil, I feel I got a part of Satan inside. Just at work and started typing and that's what came out. Not really a poem, just a random rhyme. Feel free to critique or just read. Not really relating to me, just situations and people around me.
  25. I use to write out my feelings into forms of songs, poems. So when J. broke up with me I decided to see if it would help. so here it goes Your t-shirt still smells of you remind me why this was for the best. I miss you, I miss your love Please don't blame me for trying to fix this one more time. I miss you, I miss your love Don't act like I meant nothing I'm still here I'll be here when you come back. I miss you, I miss your love Why can't you just hold me Do you like to see me cry? And why do I still care? How come this is so hard. I never wanted you to leave I wanted you to stay here Stay here and hold me. I miss you I miss your love I can still feel you fingertips touching my skin I can still hear your voice whispering my name. I can still feel your lips pressing against mine I miss you I miss your love I still shed a tear everyonce in a while My heart wont let go The pieces are still missing you I need to hear the words your words that get me through the day I've never felt this way before why does everything remind me of you I miss you I miss your love we were meant for each other I miss you I miss your love.