• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 9 results

1. Dating an introvert can be a challenge, especially if you’re a more outgoing person. Most of us are used to the idea that if you’re looking for a relationship, you have to be proactive, outgoing and even extroverted, but that doesn’t have to be the case when it comes to introverts. Here are seven essential dating tips for those who are interested in pursuing an introverted partner. 1. Give them some space. One of the most important things to understand when dating an introvert is that they need their space. They’ll often want to take things slow and take the time to get to know you before jumping into a relationship. Respect their need for space and don’t pressure them. 2. Respect their boundaries. Every individual is different and may have things they are uncomfortable with. Get to know your introvert's boundaries and make sure you respect them. It’s important to keep communication open and discuss any boundaries together. 3. Don’t be overbearing. As an extroverted person, it can be easy to come on too strong for an introvert. Don’t try to fill every silence or take charge of every conversation. Allow your introvert some time to explore their own thoughts. 4. Be patient. It can take an introvert a while to open up and feel comfortable around new people. Be willing to be patient with your introvert and allow them the time to trust you and feel secure. 5. Find ways to connect. Ask your introvert questions about what interests them. Whether it’s books, music, art, or something else entirely, give them an opportunity to share on a deeper level. It will help you both feel more connected and build trust. 6. Get out of your comfort zone. Invite your introvert on an adventure and discover the world together. It might seem like an intimidating prospect, but getting outside of your comfort zones can be really rewarding. 7. Recharge together. Introverts recharge by spending time alone, but that doesn’t mean spending time with your partner isn’t important. Spend time together, whether it’s a quiet night in or a day exploring a museum — find activities that both of you will enjoy. Following these tips can help make your dating experience with an introvert much smoother and more enjoyable. Do your best to keep communication open and respect their need for space. An introvert makes for a great romantic partner if you take the time to get to know them.
  2. This cover, it holds me much too tight Sparing of this worlds awful fright I've lived in a cage and was fed all the lies I've lived in a maze of hate and despise I know not of what truly exists I know all that is happy in extrovert bliss I seek not truth nor honor or glory I seek what is fake for my own story I smile I wave, I'll shake your hand a conversation I'll make that’s dull and bland I'll take your money your faith your need I'll take your family for personal greed Thanks for my suit, my tie and car Thanks for the numbers you've given so far I can sing I can dance, I can holler and shout but its my thin lips that lie with no doubt I ask for your faith, love and concern I'll take all you're honesty and watch it burn Give me the money, the power I seek I take what I can from all that is weak Now I hold a great place in power sitting firm in my ivory tower You've let my rhymes trick you my song, my dance you didn’t look twice, not a second glance Here I am all that is faithful Here I am all that is true don't blame yourself citizen I am here I am here...the destructive nature of you.
  3. So there was this guy i like and we hit it off right away, he is an introvert, where as i am an extrovert. We are kind of completely opposite, in all ways. But i really like him he is away for the holidays, and i miss him!, we are supposed to go on a date when he gets back crazy excited. i love every aspect of him hes amzing, we can just sit and t alk about nothing and even about important stuff. Hes great, if i havent mentioned. He is concerned about me, and wants to meet my family which is unusual for someone my age...im 17. he seems so grown up. However im wondering will our differences get in the way. He has had a rough family past where as i havent, me and my family are really close. we both have low self estheems which could be lethal, am i overthinking this? i dont know, hes also gone away for 3 weeks and im scared he wont come back, he assured me her would but im still not so sure, someone needs to help me put my mind at ease!...please!
  4. I wrote this thread the other day but now the situation has changed so I will summarise what has happened below - Went out on 3 dates with a guy from university (out for a drink and to the cinema) We liked each other but I told him we were total opposites i'm shy/quiet he's loud/extrovert/popular. He said he liked that so I decided to give it another go. - So next time, he asked me round his place to watch a movie, we didn't watch much of it… - The next time he just asks me round his place, same thing happens (no s_x though) - Now from what I gathered is that he only wants one thing and I am not prepared to give it to him because we hardly talk apart from when he asks me round - I told him that this is too casual for me and he says he respects my decision and that we can still be friends However last night he sent me a text saying "if you aren't going out tonight u should come round to watch a film but if not, have a good night" I didn't text back. I thought we worked out I wasn't going to come round anymore? Why is he messing with my head. I know he only wants casual s_x but he knows I am not into that. What shall I say when he next asks me round? I think I am too nice to him and too weak to tell him I can't see him anymore, maybe he thinks he can walk all over me.
  5. After 18 months of seeing each other at work everyday, he is STILL shy around only me. Hes perfectly normal with everybody else, if anything; people would label him an extrovert and talkative. Of late, we've been desperately trying to talk to each other as well, but the shyness/awkwardness just isnt wearing off. Yesterday, i made a lame excuse to talk to him, and ended up giving him 'the smile' ( yknow, prolonged smile/gaze with twinkle in eye) and I was taken aback to see that the guy was almost trembling. I didnt know whether i was flattered or worried.Worst part is him being nervous is making me nervous too. Later he came back to make some more "small talk", and seemed really composed and serious. However, If i see him around, he avoids looking at my face, and pretends not to see me. Im just confused and tired, so appreciate some help here.thx
  6. Mine are: Stability results were very high which suggests you are extremely relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic. Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, hard working, and reliable while still remaining flexible, efficient, and fun. Extraversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity. Trait snapshot: rarely irritated, positive, tough, non phobic, fearless, likes the unknown, self reliant, high self control, confident, trusting, strong instincts, prudent, optimistic, willful, likes parties, prefers a specialized career, takes charge, altruistic, strong, high self concept, adventurous, practical, thoughtful ___________________________ 14 Aug 2006, couple drinks and sleepy Extraversion |||||||||||||| 53% Stability |||||||||||||||||| 76% Orderliness |||||||||||| 46% Accommodation |||||||||||| 50% Interdependence |||||||||||||||||| 76% Intellectual |||||||||||||||| 70% Mystical || 10% Artistic |||| 16% Religious || 10% Hedonism |||||| 30% Materialism || 10% Narcissism |||||| 30% Adventurousness || 10% Work ethic |||||||||| 36% Self absorbed |||||| 23% Conflict seeking |||| 16% Need to dominate || 10% Romantic || 10% Avoidant || 10% Anti-authority |||| 16% Wealth |||||||||||| 50% Dependency || 10% Change averse |||||| 23% Cautiousness |||||| 23% Individuality || 10% Sexuality |||||||||||||||||| 76% Peter pan complex |||||||||| 36% Physical security |||||||||||||||||||| 90% Physical fitness |||||||||||| 50% Histrionic || 10% Paranoia || 10% Vanity |||| 16% Hypersensitivity || 10% Female cliche |||||| 23% Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.. Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, hard working, and reliable while still remaining flexible, efficient, and fun. Extraversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting. Trait snapshot irritated, positive, tough, non phobic, fearless, likes the unknown, self reliant, high self control, confident, trusting, strong instincts, prudent, optimistic, willful, likes parties, prefers a specialized career, takes charge, altruistic, strong, high self concept, adventurous, practical, thoughtful ___________________________ I found the test on someones homepage. The test result surprised me, I was just happy about it. No test is 100% but I feel that there are few discrepancies between my test result and how I am on this site. Everyone can read my posts after all. I work on being more sensitive in order to not upset others and shall think twice before posting another test here. As to starting a religion, No thank you. 20 years of old Asian philosophy must have rubbed off on me. Loving oneself and others, leaving fears, unmet expectations and regrets behind leads to inner peace. I am very contend and easy these days and eNotAlone contributes to that. Learning from others and helping others balanced me, I feel complete and happy. I am confident that everyone balancing themselves will see equivalent results in the test result. Please read about balancing yourself in: Wicked.
  7. Hey all, I used to be a hermit when it came to anything social -- family, friends, classmates. For many years, I was always the shy, quite kid in the back of the classroom with no one to bond with. Over time I have become more talkative, especially when I get to know someone and break the ice so to speak. However, though I do enjoy talking, I am naturally not into talking, even if I have something to talk about... if that makes sense. It's not in my character to be the leader of the group, the center of attention, to always be moving the lips and creating dialogue. Am I always going to be introverted me, or will I eventually get to the point where I am naturally an extrovert? Thanks, easyguy
  8. I'm curious as to what type of girl really calls your attention, and which type you'd classify as a potential for a long-term relationship, whether it be the fun cheerleader or the quiet scholar type. Personally, I'm drawn to girls that are intelligent, no doubt. You know, the ones that are classy, witty, reserved, and definitely not one of those loose extrovert types. I like them to be down-to-earth and family-oriented, preferably. I guess you could say that I like the "librarian" good girl type, but that's just me. Nonetheless, I do enjoy having the more extroverted and playful ones as friends, because they're fun to be around. I want to read your opinions, guys.
  9. what, in your opinion is the best way to ask out a girl. Either gender can responde. the girl that i am interested in is kindof introverted, but loves to sing and be on stage, so she is kindof on the boarder of Introvert and extrovert like me. What would work better. Being direct, writing a letter, or something else. i'm open to ideas.