• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 6 results

1. Ha, what's a virgin doing in the orgasm section? This may or may not be an unusual question, but here it goes. I absolutely love kissing. I would go so far as to say it is a fetish of mine, even though I haven't been kissed since the Reagan Administration. Anyway, one night I decided to fantisize about kissing a girl I have a deep crush on. Since I have a wild and vivid imagination, what I did was get into a semi-deep trance and pictured her face close to mine until I could imagine us actually kissing. During the height of this imaginary kiss (the part of the kiss that would really drive me wild) the top left part of my brain started to tingle. I was taken aback, so I imagined it again and sure enough, it started to tingle again... and again... and again. I would imagine that if we were having intercourse and kissing during this moment, I would come close to or actually achieve orgasm, so perhaps this tingling was a replacement. By the way, I was not masturbating during this, just imagining this long, passionate kiss with the current girl of my dreams. So I would like to know, when you are or about to achieve orgasm, or when you are really really excited sexually, do you experience The Left-Brain Tingle? I've heard of seeing stars and stuff, but I always thought that was a myth. I'm wondering if I'm alone on this and need to see a neurologist or a shrink. I hope not because it's a pretty weird but good feeling.
  2. My girlfriend, who i am uncontrollably in love with, is bipolar. She is actually more stable than most other people i know, but she recently had a brief lapse in her medication (well over the blood-life of her primary mood stabilizer, and probably long enough for the neurological effects to kick out) She seemed fine, and now that she's back on the (primary) mood stabilizer she's seeing problems in the relationship and her libido is gone. Our sex life was fine before she stopped taking her medicine, heck, it was AMAZING. Now... it's all gone, and i feel all nasty and unattractive.... I know it's not her fault, but the situation is really playing at my insecurities, and i'm worried her drive will never come back, i guess that isnt really a big issue but i liked having sex, you know?
  3. Well I been in this position for the last 3 months now... Today I had my 3 month review and they told me if I do not get better, they have to let me go. Its organising pharmaceutical conferences. I have no science background and i found it really difficult. To be honest I found it impossible. But I tried really hard and learnt a lot during this time. When I had my review today they started picking on everything I have every done wrong, and even though they acknowledged my improvement they were not confident that I would be able to master the task, because I do not thave the scientific background.... However they knew that before I started. I have a politics degree! I did not lie on my CV and said I had a Phd in Neurology or something. I worked really hard and i know the first project was not the best, but I improved with time. I am working for the market leading company in pharmaceutical conferences. Now they told me that i have 1 last project to prove myself. However now I feel like .... what is it worth? If not this conference they are going to fire me sooner or later. Because I am working with lots of science graduates and some even have a PHD! Shall I just look for a new job? Or shall I stick it out and try to impress them hoping that for this time it will be enough?
  4. Anyone else here take Epilim or other anti-epiliptic/neurological prescription drugs? I have been for a few months and I am having very bizarre dreams/nightmares every night. Usually they are quite threatening, I am doing something dangerous like racing cars and climbing up mountains and my life is in danger. And people I know are quite nasty to me in these dreams! I usually know I am in a dream because they are too weird to be real life! I know that taking long-term neuro meds can cause dreams & hallucinations and wondered if anyone else had experienced it.
  5. This thread is a continuation, and hopefully completion of a discussion that has been going on in the thread "What does this make me?" by Silverthreads. I was reluctant to start a new thread as both sides had basically finished saying what they had meant to say, but the original topic of Silverthreads thread was being hijacked so I think this is the best solution. I also think this will be a fruitless discussion which will quickly degenerate into fighting, but I feel compelled clear up as many myths as I can. My basic argument is: The scientific origins of homosexuality are in fact not open to debate as many think, but have pretty clearly been established as being biological in origin. I quoted numerous reliable scientific sources, the most important of which was the American Psychological Association: To my astonishment and amusement, people actually tried to attack the credibility of my sources, which to me indicates that they were unable to attack the arguments themselves. In the following post I defended the credibility of my quotes, which frankly I did not have to do but did anyways. Again, I don't expect this thread to generate much discussion, and indeed I would be happy if it didn't, but I am doing this out of respect to Silverthreads. From: What does this make me? by Silverthreads I freely admit that I do not know what his Phd is in, but Meyers is one of the most respected psychologists in the country. His textbook entitled "Psychology" is one of the most widely respected in the field and is in use by colleges and highschools accross the country. His credentials are flawless and his standing in the scientific community is unassailable. To suggest otherwise is ignorant and insulting. I respectfully disagree. What other sources would you consult? Unless you have some pretty impressive credentials you have absolutely no standing in which to attack the APA. To suggest that that APA is opinionated is laughable and represents wishful thinking on your part. Members of the APA are subjected to extensive peer-to-peer criticism, their findings must be backed by exhaustive experimental data. If you have also performed these experiments, then please send me your data and I would be willing to reconsider my above statement. You also mentioned that there isn't data on the subject of the brain difference between gay and straight people , but you are again wrong. "Simon LeVay discovered one such structure while studying sections of the hypothalamus taken from deceased hetereosexual and homosexual people. For nine months he peered through his microscope at a cell cluster known to be involved in sexuality. His discovery: the cell cluster was reliably smaller in homosexual men. Given that everything psychological is also biological (we are emobided beings) it should not surprise us that brains differ with sexual orientation." From David Meyers book "Several recent studies, demonstrate that there are notable differences between the physiolgy of a heterosexual male and a homosexual male. These differences are primarily noted in the brain, inner ear and sense." -from Wikipedia "Sexual differentiation relevant to sexual orientation occurs in hypothalamic areas of the brain (in 1987 the preoptic anterior nucleus, ventromedial nucleus, and anterior nucleus were known)" - from a study by Ellis and Ames Also from that study- "To summarize the human evidence ... sexual orientation is mainly the result of neurological factors that are largely determined prenatally, even though they do not fully manifest themselves until adolescence or adulthood" "LeVay & Hamer summarize the evidence for a neurological basis of sexual orientation: histological investigation of adult human brains shows the INAH3 cell group (third interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus in the medial preoptic region of the hypothalamus) to be approximately three times larger in men than women and that gay men had INAH3 cell groups no larger than women" - from the study by LeVay and Hamer I could go on but you get the point. This is what respected science says about the matter, end of story. Now, I do need to clarify two things: Science is never so arrogant to claim that it has PROVEN something. It only presents theories that describe the way our world works to the best of our reasoning. For example, the heliocentric theory says that the earth orbits around the sun. It can't actually be PROVEN (maybe it's just an error in our perceptions! Maybe the scientific community is biased! Maybe the whole thing is an elaborate prank by God as the Pope told Galileo!) but it is the best explanation and everyone accepts it. But it wasn't this way in the beginning, only scientists accepted it at first, then the common people, then the church. This is the same thing with research on homosexuality or evolution. All respectable scientists accept these theories, and eventually ordinary people and the church will also. It is inevitable. The second thing is that science cannot make judgments about morality. Is it moral for the earth to go around the sun? Is it okay to steal money from my little brother to buy food? Science will never be able tell us. Likewise, even though science is close to demonstrating that sexual orientation is biological, it will not be able to tell us whether it is right or wrong.
  6. I am convinced. I give up on love and life. I'm sick of it all, its just too much stuff for me to take. Love is the most painful thing one can experience. I'm not going through it anymore.