Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'healing after break up'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Relationships
    • Dating Advice
    • Relationship Advice
    • Infidelity
    • Online Dating
    • Friendship and Friends
    • Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender
    • Abuse and Violence
    • Long-Distance Relationships
    • Age Gap Relationships
    • Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend Relationships
    • Trust and Relationships
    • Marriage/Long Term Relationships
  • Breaking up and Divorce
    • Breaking Up Advice
    • Divorce Advice
    • Getting Back Together
    • Healing After Break Up or Divorce
  • Personal Growth
    • Personal Growth
    • Career, Money and Education
    • Grief Loss and Bereavement
  • Families
    • Parenting and Families
    • Pets
  • Health: Body, Mind and Spirit
    • Health: Body, Mind and Spirit
    • Suicide & Self-Harm
  • Sex and Romance
    • Sex and Romance
    • Pregnancy
  • Emotions and Feelings
    • Emotions and Feelings
    • Jealousy
  • Journals's Journals
  • Journals's Private Journals
  • Off Topic's Topics
  • Book Talk's Topics
  • Travel and Culture's Topics
  • Poetry, Prose, Art & Photography's Topics

Categories

• Abuse & Violence
  • Addictions
  • Adoption
  • Age Gap Relationships
  • Alternative Medicine
  • Astrology
  • Beauty & Fashion
  • Breaking Up
  • Career & Money
  • Dating
  • Depression
  • Divorce
  • Education
  • Exercise and Fitness
  • Food and Nutrition
  • Friendship and Friends
  • Grief Loss & Bereavement
  • Happiness
  • Health
  • Home and Living
  • Infidelity
  • LGBTQ+
  • Long-Distance Relationships
  • Marriage
  • Mental Health
  • News
  • Parenting & Family
  • Personal Growth
  • Pregnancy
  • Pets
  • Relationships
  • Religion and Spirituality
  • Self-Esteem
  • Sleep
  • Stress
  • Supplements and Vitamins
  • Toys & Games
  • Weight Loss & Diet

Categories

• Relationships
  • Career & Money
  • Parenting & Family
  • Dating
  • Breaking Up & Divorce
  • Marriage
  • Personal Growth
  • Self-Esteem
  • Grief Loss & Bereavement
  • Depression
  • Mental Health
  • Happiness
  • Health
  • Pets
  • Infidelity
  • Friendship and Friends
  • Love

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

1. New to this forum but have actually read quite a lot on the ex back and NC topics. Long story very short... 6-year relationship, she's 19 years younger... call me a cradle-snatcher, but we really understood each other for most of those 6 years. Lived together for 2 years. I should have seen it coming as all the signs were there and she actually tried to tell me many times - only I didn’t (want to) hear it :-(. She moved away in March this year but we saw each other every couple of days and she’d spend at least one night of each week. 8 weeks ago she just called it quits. Was a very cold shower and total surprise. I was upset at first and didn’t talk to her for two days, then we texted some there and back. But she was suddenly a different person - cold, non-understanding, not willing to talk about anything. All the usual stuff that you read about that a dumper does after the fact. I called her once but all I got was a brick wall. Sent a long email asking for some explanation and if we could work it out. Not sure she even read it. As I suspected, there is also a guy at play that she has been seeing / flirting with (maybe) since April. Not sure I would call this a rebound but I believe at some point in June, she would be torn between the two of us - more inclining to the new guy (for all the obvious reasons). She did keep in irregular contact a few times a week after that - saying she wants to stay friends as she cares too much for me and I mean a lot in her life. Kept telling her I am not her friend because simply I feel more than that. I went and read tons of stuff (never really been dumped in my life, haha). Went NC 4 weeks ago. Immediately started doing stuff - I’m not short of hobbies - do lots of sports but added a gym and personal trainer to occupy the mind and tire the body. Been playing the piano and guitar a lot lately (after many many years), been playing computer games in the evenings, reading advice on this forum and elsewhere. She contacted me after 2 weeks, asking to see me, which I (a bit reluctantly) agreed to, I said I would bring her magazines that were delivered for her to our place. I was never mean to her, only a bit cold I’d say. We met at Starbucks and I was trying to be upbeat and not display any sense of urgency, pleading or anything. Tried to look real busy at work (which I actually am now). She didn’t say why she wanted to meet - maybe she didn’t feel the situation was good or maybe she just wanted to meet as buddies over coffee, don’t know… She acted a bit annoyed, especially later when she asked if I was going to come to our sports trainings and events and I said I didn’t plan to. She also seemed a bit pressed for time towards the end, though she said she had plenty. I am sure she went to see the other guy right after that and maybe didn’t want to keep him waiting. We parted ways with a hug. I wanted to kiss her like I used to but she just wanted a friendly kiss, which I said no to. So we just hugged a bit more and she left. I texted her later saying it was good to see her and she should stay in touch if she wants to. She texted back that obviously I can’t have contact with her now so it’s me who needs to stay in touch. I said maybe she could come over one night to watch our favourite TV show. She said she’d like that. I left it at that and went back to NC. She texted again a week later (yesterday actually), calling me my sweetheart name and saying that a new series of our favourite show would be screening next Monday. I replied (nicely) that I would definitely watch! And she said - “you definitely should”.
  2. I used to be something of a (so called) poet back in the day. I guess. ------------------------------ cranberry sauce (10/2001) regret for lazy daze & wasted nights i blew my mind out on relativity the sun still rises in the morning & sets over lost angels but i’m a young old man now sometimes i hear them mumbling they’ll come back soon just like they always do to let me know how i'm doing How are you doing? hazy days and lazy nights love for sale but not for keeps everyone looks thinner everyone looks better through sex-soaked strobe lights the movement broken in time unconnected video images from an alternate universe & i’m staring at the moon through red sunglasses invisible to all invincible to no one they’ll be coming for me soon just like they always do blues for sister someone wearing a light sundress and white hat i think i know you i think of you when i’m drinking trying to forget i think i’m sinking calling out to no one waiting to wake up from another man’s reality touch me i’m moving on the outside touch me i’m reaching from the inside they’re almost here
  3. TUG O' WAR And so the reaper and I, we're in a showdown. Each of us standing on one side of my mother, And for every pull and tug his Deathness gives her I am there to pull her back and tell him NO! NOT TODAY. Yes, she will need to move on and I understand that. But whatever force of nature carried her through life Unscathed through so many things that would kill the rest of us Is still there living within me, burning like a flame I can't put out. I'm tired, she's tired, and then we see the look on Death's face, And we burst out laughing and vow to give the old bag of bones a run for his money. It's a stupid tug of war, but it's our tug of war, and we've never been women who behaved.
  4. Battered woman When you going to learn He doesn't love you Your on your own The beatings hurt The scars ain't gone But sooner or later Your soul will be torn What's it going to take For you to just leave One last hit or until You can't breathe Battered woman I know what your thinking It's your fault for what he's doing You blame yourself Over and over again You ask yourself Will this abuse ever end He's going to keep doing it It's all up to you You just have to gain the courage To move on and start new It's not going to be easy Take it one day at a time The hurt will subside and you'll finally have A PIECE of MIND.
  5. Thought you were one I could trust I your only lover, Till I came home to you In the arms of another, Could scant find the words to convey my thoughts But I suppose in the end it don't matter. I gave it my all And pit in my best, At the end of the day Just could not pass the test, Was it just me or maybe just you I'm inclined to believe it's the later. So I'm moving on Headed from here, My head plots the path But my heart likes to steer, Try as I might I don't have the strength To find my way through all this clatter. So I look for a car that's going my way, Despite what I feel I can no longer stay, For what has transpired cannot be undone Can't piece back together what's shattered. Because to you nothing else mattered.
  6. Im so torn...if only I had been more patient...more understanding... " I'm moving on..I'm happy" that is haunting me....I want to say I don't want you to move on...I'm getting better I know I've messed up...I know I did...i want to fix it..I want you back.. I am sorrow I can't stop crying.....tonight is horrible..there is no sleep..only thought...please god...please..anyone...anything....what I will give for another chance...what I would do for a moment..just a moment of a release from these thoughts....I beg you life for a reprievment.... I take it all back...please! Please dont be with him! Sob ....i lay here dying inside...you care not for who i am...you see a demon you had to escape... I see nothing but tears.. I miss you... Im sorry...I just want you back...ill give it all up for one more moment... I am heartbreak Please I implore a miracle. This is my darkest hour! I dare say nothing to you in fear of the paralyzing cruelty your now capable of. I'm reaching for you... dying..will you not extend just a finger? I now weap...I throw up... In panic of purgatory...I do not end it...i invite both black and white to take me...by grace of a loving hand. Or by the cold icy grasp of death.... I lay here..I won't close my eyes, I cannot afford to miss you.... Please take me.....please end me... I am desperate i care nothong for luxuries..for finances or power.... The warm feel of another woman shall be a cold souless being against your compare.. I care nothing for health. Nor food Nor wine I care for you.... I am losing I am dying I am evil...i would gain your trust and love again....and once i show you the true meaning of love..of life..and the rapture of it all.... I will rip it from you! Leaving you as a pumpkin a week past eve... Hollow...candle that can barely muster a flick...a twitch... Rotting away sinking to a side....the once lit face, barley forms an image....only a terror that is not long for another day..maybe 2 ??? I am evil...I am revenge. I hate you! Your are a disease in my blood.... I am stone...I am rock I will not bleed for you..I will not wallow for you I am better than you. You are benieth me you peasant! You shall find the gallows...and you shall burn. You I shall rule your torment in hell! I AM DARKNESS!!!!! I admit defeat...to weak to breathe To dead to see I hear the wind I cry again...I feel warm I feel my heart dropping I feel my demise I take a deep breath And slowly i rise I wipe my tears. I cast aside my fears I tell myself its ok I'm convinced to soldier another day I find the hope. As hard as it may be I come to my senses..i finally can see. I am acceptance Theres a better future I am hopeful My heart pumps again My chest filled with breath My body moves I'm so tired...so very tired.. It's over now..I will live on And i will find a new life... And fill it with love and peace. And someone new I am redemption.
  7. As I listen to a familiar tune, My mind is shadowed by the darker side of a familiar moon, And I travel back in time to the days where it didn't make sense, Where I think about things at my sanity's expense. Letting out a sigh, All too familiar, I wonder why I'm back again, To a place I've left behind. I can't forget my past, Nor should I try, Because it's what made me strong, The present is where I belong. As the familiar tune ends in a familiar way, I run out of things to say, And move on with my night, Another day, another fight.
  8. I've been dating and looking, for what seems like far too long. I want to take a break, to heal and move on. But I feel a sense of urgency, to keep going while I'm in the zone. Like I'm being pushed to keep dating, when I want to leave it alone. Maybe, no most likely, the push is because of you. I thought I found what I was looking for, I think you did too. So now you've left, and while I try not to admit it, I'm sad that you're gone. I need to keep dating, keep pushing on. I'm sure in time, the thought of us will nearly be gone. But I really wish you'd call, and say you were wrong. ... Damn I wish you'd call, and say you were wrong.
  9. My girlfriend told me the other day that she wants to move on and go farther with the realationship, and I know the first time we do somthing it will probably be quick, being my first time and all, but over time will this change? or is there some way to prolong and not have premature ejaculation? All idvice or tips would be helpful
  10. "The Start of Your Cure" by David A. Creech I've been walking around With My Head Hanging Down- I Felt So Alone-So Quiet-Not a Sound. My Chest Felt The Rythym Of my broken heart- My memory sadly reminds me- How Our relationship broke apart. I've searched for the answers- Said My share of Prayers- But Find the answer IS a question, Why Should I care? Move On and Live- Was the Advice that was Given You're not alone in your pain, But your life is worth Livin. Get Out of the house- And have a good time Meet up with old friends, And bask in the sunshine. You'll find another love One Day, I assure But for now you have You The Start of your Cure Live On!
  11. I'm still sort of noobish here so I'm not sure if this is the right place/spot/topic for this, but it's my painting so why not? I started this project (pic attached; I know its tiny but it was giving me a hard time) in the middle of January, which feels a lot like forever ago. I've been working on it in school during my side-by-side study hall and lunch period (which is about an hour each week day) and I've been taking it home during the weekends. I'm currently barely half done with it. I know, my painting is coming along well, it can take people years for a painting to be completed, etc.. but I just want to get it over with, you know? Everyone else gets their projects done within a week or two and here I am, still working on this same painting, making virtually no progress on a weekly basis. I get teased for it also.. which I've accepted... but still. I would love to move on, but I don't want to throw this to the side. I definitely have the time to work on it. I just don't have the willpower to. In class, I spend more time pacing around it and staring at it than I do actually painting it. It almost is as if I'm too wound-up/anxious to work and focus. Then during the weekends when I bring it home, I almost never touch it at all. I think it runs a bit deeper than just laziness.. Perhaps I'm intimidated by it? I just haven't been in the mood. =/ Does anyone else struggle with this? Has anyone been able to overcome it with advice they'd be willing to share? Thank you for reading.
  12. My ex and I have been broken up for about 2 months now. The breakup was the hardest thing for me because my ex just wasnt happy and had met someone else that she said she already loved. She had sex with him the same night she broke up with me. Well, her and I talked about things 2 weeks after the breakup but then I just told her it was better we cut all contact because my feelings are still strong. Its been several weeks now with no contact in any form. I work at the same building as her too and I dont even see her there. She is doing her best to stay out of my life. So here is my thing. I have been doing fairly good at moving on- meeting new girls, getting numbers, and staying occupied by hanging with my closest friends. I even do the things that my ex and I used to do together such as gambling, dining at the restaurants my ex and I enjoyed, and even taking vacations. The problem I have been having is that I feel like I have been moving on, but every morning she is the first thing I think about. I have a dream about her every night. Sometimes it is of me beating the crap out of her new boyfriend, and others it is her and I back together. But every morning I think about her! And this has occurred every morning since the breakup! I dont really think of her when I go to bed, but what are my dreams telling me? I have come to realize that my ex and I were two different people all togther so that has helped me to move on. But, why am I still having these vivid dreams? These make it so hard for me to try to move on. Is something telling me that I miss her? Am I trying to cling onto false hope? Thanks for any feedback! Bryan
  13. This is a work in progress that I need to get off my chest. I just keep changing it because I would come back to this poem taking more notes every time the ex came up. WHAT...WHAT TO DO? What do I do? Do I grow a pair and yell, 'You can't have her too!' She wants ME. She cares about ME. She LOVES me. But where are you? Gone! And, who are you? Just no one from my past. Yes, I said it. You're no one anymore! She loves me and wants me and it has nothing to do with you! What have I done? I met a women and I didn't think of you. I met a women who made me fuzzy, warm and tingle inside. She, who always smiled and laughed and looked at me for me, Healing the pain I held deep down, along the wayside And I was loosing myself in her too. What did I do? I thought of you and she saw it too. She saw it in my eyes. I quickly turned scared, but saw into her's too. I noticed that light, the twinkle I loved, Slowly slide away by my stupid, quick notion of you. The quieter she got, the more pain I felt, but she stayed, Still trying to smile, with butterfly's inside, still holding onto hope, Waiting for me to concur And push away my past of you. What happened? Still thought of you. I pushed her down then pushed her away. She loved me! And where were you!? You left, moved on. I left and tried to moved on too... But this, this is the one I lost because of you. I've lost relationships cause I wasn't ready, But her, she was different from you. For when I was with her, I was ready. She, for once, made me forget about you. But then, when alone on my own, Where were you? Still in the dark, holding me down, Still in my past, clutching my heart, too. But she, she got through just for a moment. A moment that scared and frighten and exhilarated me and over-powered you. What did I lose? I lost my chance at happiness and love. You broke my heart, so then, I broke her's too Because I thought of you. What do I do? I LOST my chance at HAPPINESS and LOVE!! I have no desire for you. I now have no need to think of you. Now, I can move forward, But, hopefully, with her too. ~Found Yet?~ (Just change the she's to he's and it will work just fine, too.)
  14. please someone help me. its very hard to explain and im 16 years old, i feel that im in love, and when your in love you just cant let go... ive been going out with this kid for 9 months...and we always talked he told me everything and we where just so great together, i hung with his bro, his mom, dad...he came over my house went to the mall with my sister, it was just great, he told me he loved me before and after sex and everything... seriously...it was great and the last past weeks hes been like avioding me and i new what was up...he said he wanted to see other people and i said ok thats cool. than i found out hes already been talking to other people, than he goes iwth my 2 friends the next day...out to the mall, nobody informs me...than i ignore him and i call him a week later like whats up u know? and hes like whats up i missed u jess i made a mistake and i like u and jess (my best friend) and i donno what to do... i though of u all night weither or not i should have dumped u in the first place... could u come out with me tomorrow and we can chill... i said sure and than the next day came and my mom said dont go jess just wait awhile make him wait...so i did and he said u know what im going out than... i said ok ttyl tonight... and than i got on and said hi and he just kept avioding me again than my best FRIEND said I GO WITH UR MAN... and i said wdf DO U (to my boyfriend) he kept saying no no no i dont and than i said...im sick of your lies...yes or no ...he said YES yes i do...and i said but u wanted to do something with me today...and he said No i enver said shit to you quit making up stories... what the hell is that? someone please i am in love with him ...its been 3 weeks and we havnt talked at aLL and the girls on vacation tillt he 8th...so 5 more days... should i wait...or move on...and u know what... iwot move on...cuz i wanna be with him and only him...help me soemone please.... and im not gonna forgive my friends...well the people i though was my friends...and im not calling him back... is there any guys out there... will he ever call me back? please...help me...im driving myself crazy... and its crazy cuz my dasd dying from hepititus... and my dogs dying...my moms going crazy... and its like...god could he put this on me at a better time? and like when hes ont he internet hes always depressed like "NOT HERE" n stuff... i dont know man...please! PLEASE someone please!
  15. My heart is heavy, so my soul is empty My head has 1000 memories that will not disappear and the eyes, full of tears Nothing can be said or done to try and erase these last few years. So long I spent saying I was fine, when really I carried on walking that fine line If only you could make your dreams a reality. If you could get rid of the hidden pain and hurt with a click of a finger or a blink of an eye. Your happy, and you’ve moved on.. so why cant I be happy? is it not enough my heart was ripped out and you turned my world upside down Now I have to stand from a far knowing your with someone else. And for some reason am still stuck like this, sad, depressed. I have no smile or laugh. It’s a like empty void has replaced any happy emotions I once had. I’m so fed up of this loosing battle. I get so far, and get knocked back down. I give up Done in Dead. x
  16. I know you meant the things you said. I know you didn’t lie. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . you change your mind. You would do anything for me. You would make sacrifices of any kind. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . you won’t give me any time. You want to make me happy.You want to see me smile. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . you will make me cry. I gave you my heart. I bared all my emotions. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . I’m not worth your devotion. You made me feel special. You made me glow with pride. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . you cast me aside. You want to spend your life with me. I was all you need. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . you want someone who isn’t me. Words can be so sweet, so easy to believe in youth. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . actions are the only proof. It’s too late for you, too late for us. I was foolish. I was wrong. Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . .you move on. I’ve lost your love. I’ve lost all hope. How did it end this way? Today, you stay with me forever. Tomorrow . . . is another day. I only ever wanted love. I thought it was easy to find. How wrong I was to assume . . . . . . today, you stay with me forever and tomorrow . . . you would be by my side.
  17. this gal i like thinks im funny and cool, and she has said she values my opinion on certain things - like problems with our mutual friend. we chat on msn, plus when i see her round college i wave or say hi or what ever! but when i ask her out to do something outside of college she either never replys or says no. lately ive been joking around with her on msn, and shes said she was bored and had nothing to do so i have said "lets go for a walk in the park" and shes replied "ok then" but because neither of us drive and we live quite far away so we havent been able to do anythig, plus ive said to her "ur welcome to join me in a run, we can meet in the middle of where we live" and shes been like "ok then, so we gonna start running now then?" but its always been like a joke! how do i make it into more of a definate thing? shes telled me she thinks im funny and cool, but i asked her out hypertheically and she said "sorry but id have to say no" and up until last couple of times ive spoke to her shes always said no straight away to doing anything outside of college! i really like her but my mate liked her way before i did and still does so ive always been like oh i cant do anything, and my mate is her best mate aswell to make it awkard! but there always arguing coz he tells her he loves her and she doesnt like him like that but he seems to think she does even tho she has said she doesnt loads of times! ive liked her for about 4/5 months and a couple of weeks ago i decided that i wouldnt like her anymore and i would move on coz i didnt think she liked me back but in those last few weeks ive talked to her even more and its been longer and cooler chats and she always seems to say things that make me interested in her again like this for example was a convo i had with her a couple of weeks back on msn just after i decided i was moving on me "hey, ill brb" her "hurry up" her "come on hurry up i wanna talk to you" me "oh sorry didnt realise u were in such a rush" her "im not, where did ya go?" me "tthere was bday cake available, so i had to decide whats more important, u or bday cake?" her" meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" me "well u dont have jam and icing on you?" her "i could have!" me "and would i get to eat the jam and icing of you like i can with the bday cake" her "maybe" me "well next time ill choose u then" her "gdgd glad to hear it" now shes quite a playful girl and i know she was joking but she does little things like that the make me like her even more! anyway its our half term next week and i wanna do something with her ove half term, like a walk down the lakes feeding the ducks or something! how do i ask her without making it sound like a joke like i was doing before? shoudl i say something like " so when r we gonna go for that walk we were on about?" and how do i get her attracted to me? shes said things like she likes the attention from certain ppl, maybe one of these ppl is me, should i show a little less attention to her? ive read things saying if u flirt with the girl u like friends then she is more attracted to you coz its more of a challenge and she doesnt like being left out, i know one of her friends who is kinda hot but has a bf, i say hi and wave to her everytime i see her but i show the first girl more attention when im around the both of them, maybe showing her friend more attention and flirting with her will make the 1st gal more interested in me? anyway i need all the help i can get on the above situations! plz help! if anyone is nice to enough to chat more about this with me on msn some time just pm me and ill give u my email! thanks! love peter! xxxxxxxxx
  18. A poem dedicated to my fellow Australians who lost their lives in the bushfire disaster over the weekend in the state of Victoria, as we continue to pray for those who's lives were affected by the tragedy. THEY SHALL BE HEROES Akin to those who courageously die in battle, You will not be forgotten, As the flames slowly diminish, we are thinking of you, Etched in our hearts your memories shall remain true. While today you are grieving, For the lives and homes that were cruelly taken away, We won't forget your passionate strength and will to fight, For as this day ends we shall battle on together into the night. When morning comes, we will be by their side, As step by step we focus on the road of recovery ahead, As time moves on, homes shall be rebuilt and lives put to mend, While we pray that one day their minds will ease and pain will end. As this nation continues to hold its breath, United as one in the midst of the tragedy of death, We salute those who continue their struggle in pain, For those who perished, let us realise that their lives were not lost in vain.
  19. It's been almost a year since my fiance left me and I haven't moved on at all. I've dated other guys but something in me refuses to let go of Adam, something tells me that we're still meant to be together, and that we will be. We were best friends for ten years and it took that long for us to be together, so we're used to waiting. However, the reality of the situation is that we aren't even talking anymore. I think of him every day and I need him in my life. It kills me to have a life without him. I want to call him, but I'm so scared that things won't have changed on his part ( I know that I've changed for the better) and I don't want to relive the hurt that happened at the end of our relationship. Either way, I just want to get out of this period of being "stuck". I either have to be with him again, or get closure. Please help with how I can take that next step...it's been too long! Katie [ This Message was edited by: katiedid05 on 2002-03-17 19 ]
  20. i miss The curls in your hair, my fingers running through them. Your touch, sends tingles through my body. Your fingers drumming, on my thighs. Your soft kiss on my fingers. Your bright blue eyes, seeing my future in them. Your passionate kiss, on my lips. Your words the sweetest of poetry. That smile, is contagious. That look that says ‘forever’. Your embrace is, the ultimate bliss. Those silly jokes, Only I get. Your moves on the dance floor, Makes them jealous. All this and more I miss more than I can bare. I’m not usually a poetry writer but after everything that has just happened I felt I had to express myself somehow. This still doesn’t say how much I miss and adore him. I can’t wait to grow old with him. I can’t believe that after so long We both still feel this way. One day I’ll come to you again One day we’ll be together again. We’ll grow old together then.
  21. well it has been a rough last year and half. i have had some great times with my ex, but it has been filled with way too much drama and i just want to be the guy i was before i met her. why is this so hard, why do i constantly think about her. i have heard all of the advice and have followed it, but it doesnt work. we have been broken up since the beginning of august(found out she was dating someone behind my back) and just recently started talking again at the beginning of october(i know im an idiot) now we decided to stop talking again, hopefully for good this time. im so sick of the rollercoaster drama with her, i just want to move on, why cant I please help!!!!
  22. Hey There.... You know when a poem is sent to you and you feel like you've read it somewhere else? Has anyone seen this poem before? "Waiting for the girl that makes me whole Im not the man I was before, I can't move on it hurts my soul Unless I know she wants me no more. " I tried googling it but i need to confirm this...
  23. Firstly I denied you'd gone, Thought that you had simply made a mistake and would return, Denied my part in the mess we created, Wondering if turning back would be easy. Moving through the denial, came the anger, I hated what you were, Wrote bitter verse of the lesser person you are, Told myself I wished you dead, that something would befall you, Quickly I realized that it was my fault, I planned and plotted, posing myself questions, Would you come back if I changed? Became different? But even in the bargaining I knew the truth, Hardly it hit, but then was the depression. I left my job, withdrew, took pills, Longing to be near you and feel your touch again, Hating myself for pushing you away, Finally, after all this time, I accepted, We were never meant to be, and it wasn't our fault, Life has a funny way of throwing people together, And as we move on separately I hope we find happiness, These were my five stages, Not nice but needed, And from now on I'll remember you in fonder ways, Carrying a torch for the very special person you are.
  24. Ladies and Gents. Lets pretend that we follow and adhere to all of the advice of NC, saying NO to friends and moving on mentally whatever way that may be. We find ourselves fundamentally happy with life. Out of the blue - because we in part have done this - our ex's come back and say "Lets Get Back Together" Clearly we have two options. Say NO, which is easy. But for the sake of this thread lets say you say YES. You have squared off the reasons why you think you split up in the first place no longer apply and "Get Back Together." This is my question. Perhaps one of the reasons why your ex came back is because she/he saw you as a challenge and thus attractive. You can easily do that through NC and saying NO to Friends and showing (not telling) your moving on. Clearly this works if you have not done anything awful that warrents you being Dumped How do you keep yourself a challenge and successfully Get Back Together??? Scruff
  25. Goodbye my Toxic lover I can stay no longer moving on is something I must do You seem to have already Now its my turn Ive cried too many tears for something that seems impossible at this time. absense makes the heart grow fonder But mine is nothing but scar tissue You love me still And I you that will never ever change Maybe someday Sometime Somehow You will detoxify And I the same Then and only then We may have a chance But for now, I cant do it I cant stay with you My toxic love