Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

1. I don't know where to post this bit I think this is likely the most suitable forum. My parents separated when I was younger. I remember my father being an alcoholic and coming home drunk a lot. He was hardly ever at home. He had a girlfriend too. My parents separated. They never sorted anything legal between themselves. I am grown up now. All my siblings live abroad. I live at home with my mother. There is a housing crisis in my country so accommodation is few and it's so expensive too. 6 years ago me and my siblings learned that my father was in debt. My brother was concerned that his debt collectors will come after the family home and he urged my mother to find out what her position is with the family home and if her name is on the deeds. My brother was curious because my father had it all and he worked hard but he blew it all on alcohol and cigarettes. It turns out my mother's name was never on the home and she never had any security in the home and the home was in jeopardy against my father's debts. She began a legal process. She had to start on divorce. The divorce was taking so long and it looked like she was going to lose the home too but the family engaged another solicitor to strike a deal outside of court about the family home. Some of the home was signed over, we would pay a portion of his debts. That deal was made two years ago. Only that his debtors (the people he owed) they never took our offer and it seemed as if they wanted the matter to be dealt with through the divorce. We were told that information last year. My mother was told that the next step is to finish the divorce. She was told this last year. About two years ago, I started noting things that wouldn't be typical of forgetfulness or demntia with her but I noticed behavioural and mood stuff with her and I strongly suspect she is going senile. Every day is different. The last time my mother's divorce solicitor talked to her was last summer of 2023. He told her that she will have to complete some more paper work but he enever sent those papers in the mail and she never rang him and followed it up with him. She was provided with a divorce date for January of this year in two weeks time but there's stuff that's still not done and she's not engaging with her solicitor who is also very quite. I asked my mother many times since last September to contact her divorce solicitor for the papers and see where she is in the process. She never did. All she would do is break out in a rant to me complaining about my father and his new relationship and none of it was sane-ish. She was really refusing to engage in the divorce process. Even in November I asked her again and he complained that she can't because it's Christmas now. It wasn't Christmas. I asked her again a few days ago will she be getting in touch with her solicitor but she's refusing to get in touch with him. I now see this divorce as pure folly. I now also strongly think that this divorve will never go ahead. I think it will only be dragged out for as long as possible. Even though we were told last year the divorce is needed to finalisise the steps of the housing agreement. I know all of this is so messy. I am so stressed. All of my siblings live abroad.
  2. Hi, I wrote this a long while back, just thought I'd share it.. There is a dignity in sorrow As in the patient accepting death, When left with only emptiness You discover the wholeness left You start to see a oneness A unity all around And wonder in the glory That in nature does abound When stripped of the lie of reality That supports the lie of the land You can appreciate the simple And be nurtured in its hand. And from this plateau of wisdom Comes the courage to forgive Accompanied by the knowledge that its for you that you must live But this is not a selfish wish For you must love yourself Ere you can ever love another Or live in mental health So in brokenness we find completeness A paradox for sure A spectator of the games they play A participant no more. And as your life continues Of this time; please don't forget Because now you're a bigger person And the evil must be met. And now you're a bigger person Compassionate, kind.. and yet Grateful for the pain of discovery Forever in HIS debt.
  3. Is anyone else dealing with this matter? At this point, I feel I've abandoned my life to paying for my four year education. I had little practical or wise insight when I went about the college process. I did not know the difference from public and private schools, my father encouraged me not to work during school (he's not paying for it!). Now I owe more than I should. More than it's worth. And to add to that, I wanted to pursue a master's and was accepted into a program at UCLA but I'm seriously reconsidering. If I incur this new debt, I could likely end up paying more than 100k in loans. I honestly regret doing what I've done. I don't recommend college for the poor unless they are studying to be engineers or doctors.
  4. I am in debt. I have been for many years and i am responsible for the majority of it. 12 Months ago, I declared myself insolvent and an insolvency practitioner has set up an IVA Trust deed (for non scottish readers, this is an alternative to bankruptcy where creditors are negotiated using a trained lawyer who then takes a monthly payment CONSIDERABLY lower than the origanl re-payments) Anyway This last 12 months, I tired to help my debt problems I joined Herbalife to earn an income I set up an e-bay business selling watches. I took out a 12 month mortgage re-payment holiday to ease things for a while So how are things now ? My herbalife business has failed, 0 customers My e-bay business failed, I LOST £300 in paypal feels, VAT and e-bay fees My Gas/Electricty supplier hs just put my bill up from £44 to £170 !!! This is the final nail in my coffin Whilst I accept that my debts are my own doings, I also believe that my whole life is jinxed and I am destined to fail in all that I do. Nobady wants to help me Two weeks ago, I had to phone in SICK at work, to take the day off to go to the savings bank to withdraw my last £30 just to put petrol in the car for the week so I coulf GET to work. In April, I will start to pay my mortgage again, and with this NEW utilities bill, the figures just don't add up. ohhhh, I owe my sister £2500 Just thought I'd share this with you have a great 2007, i'll be lucky if I see 2008
  5. My mom is getting ready for retirement and has serious credit and debt issues and owns a house that she cannot access the bathrooms - all upstairs. She wants me to help her sort through these issues but our style of relating to one another prevents me from really getting very far in this regard or securing her participation in any but the shortest of terms. What kind of professional and how would I find the best among these to sort through all the credit, debt, real estate, and retirement income and costs questions so she can pick one direction this professional presents and then go and pursue that direction. She won't do this process herself. Also, since some of this real estate involves some of my assets and since I am connected to her future not only since she is my mom, but because she has physical needs and needs family help. What I am saying is that I am not sure it is in my best interest for her to take care of all this on her own, too. This is a very high pressure situation for me. I don't know how bad things really are - she won't tell all - and quite frankly she's known to omit information anyway. She is freaking out and I can't find the confidence to trust her to stay footed on one chosen path. Any thoughts or questions on this situation I am in would be appreciated.
  6. Are there any single women over the age of 25 that don't have mammoth credit card (or otherwise) debt?? After discussing this w/ several friends and based on personal experiences, I have never met one. Many men probably have the same problem, but I don't date them. My one friend's wife had 125k in miscellaneous debt when they got married...that's a house!!! They struggle. My last GF had over 40k in credit debt and my present one has over 75k. I don't have a huge income, live modestly, don't have a bunch of shiny things, and haven't used a credit card in over 8 years...I manage my money. It just makes it hard thinking long term. I've worked hard to accumulate the money I have by sacrificing, and this would vanish the day I got married in order to pay off her debt. I don't believe in having separate pots of money (or separate debt) in a marriage, and I'm fine sharing. I know I sound selfish, but actually I'm more than generous to friends and family. I just can't help thinking if things don't work out, she makes out great (free ride out of her 75k debt + part of my future earnings)....and I've spent the last decade "saving" for nothing. Funny when I started accumulating some wealth, women were much more available. I know we just need to get on the same page and all that financial-guru stuff. Basically, I'm just curious if there are ladies out there without massive debt...particularly credit card debt for miscellaneous junk???
  7. next week is mine and my bf's 6 month anniversary. things were great at the beginning. i care for him deeply, but we've been drifiting apart. Yes, i'm getting help and have been working through this, being patient, trying all i can to be positive (seeing counselor and naturopath), spirituality, trying to get my act together. he talked about marraige. he told me at the beginning, he's ready, he already owns a home, an apartment (where i'm living-he's never there) career on the way (prosperous) and now he's looking to settle down and wanted to find the one. all he talks about is how he's broke and stressed and too busy all the time b/c of the business that he's building and his other creative pursuits- i'm aptient and understanding. we don't have to have $ to have fun. we can do many free things, rent a movie, ice skating, etc... but he makes a very high salary and is in debt that much. he broke plans again this past sunday to work. we've only gotten together maybe twice in the past month (and for an evening) b/c of work. we haven't even had a weekend together since new years. this weekend, we're supposed to spend friday, saturday together (but at my request). we're supposed to go out tomorrow, but he basically hasn't planned anything-he hinted not to expect much as he's broke. it's not the $ i care about, but him being a creative person, i suggested we cook dinner together or go ice skating, something romantic that doesn't cost much. he told me to think about what i want to do... he was always coming up with ideas at the beginning. his actions are speaking louder than words. I am not a priority and don't feel like i'll ever be one. we argued again this morning. the relationship is making me ill. i really don't even want to see him tomorrow. i feel hurt and i think i'll just ruin the night anyhow. i'm still angry and resentful that he broke plans yet again on sunday. any thoughts?
  8. I desperately need alcohol detox but I cannot afford it. At least I don't think so.. how much does it cost? I am drinking almost a fifth of vodka a day to keep withdrawal away; I don't get drunk, ever, nor hungover, but I don't eat or do anything productive, have lost 40 pounds and am suffering pancreatitis. I've been through detox before several times, and I think it was $4000+. I'm already in deep debt. It seems like checking out is a reasonable way to solve this recurrent problem, although I don't agree with it. Only those who have been this deep know how bad it is, and it is entirely my fault.
  9. Work going is bad..I'm 2 steps away from getting fired. Girls hurt me left and right because I AM a good guy. none of the girls I like want to be in a committed relationship with me. I have a lot of debt that I can't pay off. I seem to have bad luck ALL THE TIME and nothing ever goes my way. I'm currently slitting my wrist a little bit at a time. I'm sick of getting hurt all the time by girls and having crappy relationships where I'm not treated good and not loved
  10. I'm a full-time student with a part-time job. This year, I'm trying to aggressively tackle my 10k car loan debt at 7%. I keep a small safety cushion of savings in an online savings account of 5.30%. I've just started a new job last week. For the first time ever, I have an opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) at my workplace. My employer will not match contributions. One of my friends is a licensed financial advisor and tells me I might be better off opening a Roth IRA instead of contributing to my 403(b). She says there are now opportunities to open a Roth with as low as $25. Without 403(b) employer matches, any advice on the wisest choice given my current situation and limited income stream?
  11. Things happen all the time in thies world, but i feel i have been left behind. I feel so lonely and likw such a failiure. Its hard to explain but every minute of every day i have to fight back tears, and the thought of dying actually makes me feel happy. I suppose the best place to start is the beggining, so here goes. I grew up in a small seaside fishing village in England, my parents ran a Pub (bar) there. I didnt really spend alot of time with they, their job took up all their time so i used to go exploring and finding things out by myself. Eventually when i was 10 my folks and me and my brother (whom i never got on with) moved to a new pub where they eventually split up. My father moved from pub to pub and my mother got a stable job in the same village and found someone new. I spent a lot of time travelling, and never really had many friends. When i was 17 i met the girl of my dreams, i fell in love to the point i was walking on air, and we lasted 8 years, until Jan 05. We fell out because of debt, we had lived together for 3 years, and run up massive debts, and her family blamed it all on me. My ex left and we sold the house, and i got lumped with the debt. Since that time i have been paying through the nose for the debts, i have a job in a bar, i have no confidence, no friends and no life at all. And i really want to die. The only thing that keeps me going is that i dont want my family to be responsible for the debts. I cant leave them with that.
  12. I don't know how to deal with collectors!! I need advice from someone who's been in over their head before. I FINALLY have the money to get out of debt (bad relationship sucked everything out of me, especially money) and I'm so confused as to how to handle collectors. My accounts are past due and in collections and I want to call them and get them taken care of, but how can I "bargain" with them...does anyone know? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.
  13. Let me tell you my story.. I am 19, a freshman in college and I am going to the community college and still living at home with my parents. I was suppose to go away to school last fall but ended up changing my mind last minute because it was a privte school, I wasnt in love with it, and if I wanted to one day transfer half the credits wouldnt be accepted anywhere else So it would have been a waste of time and money. I hate the fact that I am going to the community college and STILL living at home. I have always said as soon as I turn 18 im moving out.. and I have always waited for that day.. and here I am 19.. still living at home. I am sick of it, and living in this city.. I never lived anywhere else in 19 years and I have known the SAME people the whole time. All of my friends have their own life now and we talk occasionally but i just crave moving away and meeting new people.. and being on my own! So my option.. My boyfriend of 2 yrs lives in Alabama during the school year he goes to Auburn University. I have been thinking seriously about moving up there after Christmas and going to the community college (10 mins away from his campus) next semester and then Auburn in the fall. He is living on an on-campus apartment so we couldnt live together because he has to finish the school yaer out in it. But we decided that we are going to live up there year-round because the main reason he came home during summers and stuff was to see me. So during the summer we can get an apartment together.. and live "happily ever after".. The problem.. I can't decide if I should move up their in the Spring or wait until the summer. I know it would be soo much smarter to wait untiil the summer (money wise) Because I am in some debt and it would give me time to get it all paid off and to save some money to rely on while I am up there. Also if I wait until summer I would have someone to share rent with.. and I wouldnt have to spend five months bymyself.. I asked God to send me a sign with what I should do and stuff and then that night I got an email about a job-opening for 30 hours a week.. which is perfect.. but I would still be struggling to pay bills... pay off my debt.. and buy everything I am going to need for an apartment (dishes,towels, blankets, plates, etc) So it would be soo much smarter to wait until summer.. but at the same time I dont want to wait at all and the thought of it kills me... I know 5 months isnt that long.. but its the fact that my b/f and I have been separated for a year and a half now.. i forgot what it is like to just be able to hang out with your boyfriend whenever you want.. and im sick of seeing other couples together and just knowing that I am old enough and done with high school and I can do something about it.. My heart says to move in the spring.. but my mind thinks about how hard it is going to be and basically reality.. But if I move up there I am going to take out a student loan for back-up money.. and I mean we are only in college once.. I feel that I should really take this chance.. but I know I have the rest of my life to live on my own.. So tell me what you would do if you were me.. or if anyone ever dealt with something like this.. what did you choose and how did it work out.. and should I listen to my heart or be smart about it and wait...
  14. Hi everyone. I have recently started the whole process of getting a divorce after being unhappy for the past year or two. I think the scary thing is though that I don't feel bad about it. Maybe I am numb, or maybe i just know this is the right thing to do. We have two sons together and the only people i am worried about hurting by doing this is them. My reasons for divorce may seem a bit petty, but I am tired of having to take out loans to pay back her debt, I am tired of her accusing me constantly of having an affair, I am tired of not being able to rest for 5 minutes after getting home after 2 hours in traffic because she expects me to instantly be in the mood for cleaning or cooking or telling her about my day, I am tired of being ignored when I try to talk about our problems, I am tired of always being made out as the bad guy and the one who caused all these problems in the first place. I have had my fair share of problems but at least I can admit to them. As I read once, a divorce doesnt mean a couple doesnt understand eachother, but maybe that for the first time they have at last begun to. I am not going to ask how I should feel because whatever anyone says isnt going to change that, what I am going to ask is why DONT I feel? Is it because I know its right or because I am numbing myself to any feelings.
  15. Ok so me and my guy have been getting serous as of late to say the least. Talking marriage big time. He said he wants to wait to ask me till he can afford a ring and stuff (recently laid-off, damn IT feild!), so thats cool. I really don't care about the ring and stuff, but its important to him, so whatever, I have a little time. My question here... What do I get him? I mean engagment ring, I want to give him something... Is this customary for the gal to get the guy something? I have been looking online, and nada... No help. He isn't a ring sorta guy or I would totally get him a mangagment ring hehe, like he will wear a wedding band, i know... but other than that, nope. I was thinking really nice watch? If not that what? If girls do get the guy something, what do they get? Gee the men have it SO much easier! But seriously, I love him and I really want to get something when he asks me to express how I feel for him. I have till summer I think, he was talking about asking me then because debt would be gone (hopefully!) by then. So I have 6 months to save up really. So I would be able to have a few thousand really I could spend, so money isn't so much an issue as what to get him. Any of you gals (or guys have your gal) get something for your Mr. Right when he popped the question? If so what and did it go over well? I just want him to know how special he is to me and that I am crazy about him!
  16. G'day lads. Just wondering if anyone can help with with a rundown of my financial situation. I'm slightly in debt and I have a few short term goals I'd like to accomplish by next year. More like a plan for saving, and at the same time paying off these bills. Would be much appreciated, -LOTI
  17. Ok...boyfriends great....well...one thing.... the kid doesnt know how how to manage money...hes so in debt...he took out a lone for $4,000 and BELIEVES somewere in his head that he doesnt have to pay that back...that he actually fixed the situation.... he buys stuff and later on regrets buying it...he has a 2006 mustang convertable that is $700 dollars a month = REGRETS IT buys a bloflex=regrets it buys me a $900 dollar ring 2 years ago = doesnt regret it but is still paying on it i cant move in with someone like that... and on top of all this... on top of it all... he goes out and buys the newest x-box with that money... come ON ARE YOU SERIOUS? ITS NOT FREE MONEY!!!!! men...how do you talk to someone about that...expecially if there so use to giving there parents money for there gambling problem, giving everyone money...basically like being the father of the house... what do i say. how do i say things? does he know what is really going on...or in his mind...does he think hes really ok?
  18. Hi guys, I'm a full time student on a VERY limited budget, and we're talking Ramen Noodle eating every night. I want to make some wise financial decisions for my future and thought someone could provide some advice. I'll be receiving around $500 back in scholarship and grant money fairly soon. Sooo, should I; 1. Put that money in a savings account and wait until I have the minimum needed to open up a money market mutual fund? 2. Put that money in a savings account and wait until I have enough to open up a Roth IRA? ( 3. Put that money toward debt? Right now I'm paying off a new car *groan* and my biggest goal is to have the loan paid off in three years instead of five. I also have student debt which is under $5,000 and currently in deferment. My ultimate goals are to get an IRA opened, have an emergency fund established, start contributing the max to my IRA, get my car paid off, and finally get my student loans paid off. I'm just not sure if I'm approaching them in the right order. Debt sucks, but it makes me nervous the more I prolong opening up an IRA for myself. If I pay my car off first (let's say, in three years) that could be a lot of money lost due to no compound interest. I don't have a lot of money coming in right now, and I want to make sure I'm using the little income stream I have as best as I can.
  19. I got my own auto insurance policy about a year ago (I used to be under my parents since it was cheaper) and I remember them sending me a letter saying that my premium is higher because of my credit history and the amount of debt I have. I'm about $18k in debt due to school loans and another couple of thousand from my credit card. I was not aware of the fact that it would actually affect how much I'm paying for my car insurance. I always thought that it was based on your driving record. So does this mean that my premium will go down once my debt has been cleared?? Also, about one's credit history . . . it is to my knowledge that as long as you make the min payment every month, that it would not affect your credit history. Is this also true? I also have a habit of signing up for credit cards because of promotions and then cancelling them after about a year or two, does that affect my credit history as well?
  20. In June, I broke up with the most amazing guy I've ever dated, over reasons I'll probably detail later on if missing him becomes to much of a problem. A couple of months later, a guy I've known online for about two years - and has grown into one of my closest friends, online or off - came out and told me the feelings he's had for me...according to him, he's had them for a while. I don't know if I was still tender from breaking up with my ex, or if I really felt like I loved him. Either way, I returned his feelings and soon we were in a relationship. The next month, I go off to college, and things start to get a bit sour. I've acted a bit bipolar all throughout this relationship, it isn't fair to him at all. We used to spend hours on the telephone talking, but as of late, we hardly catch each other on IM anymore. A couple of weeks ago I told him that I needed to leave, that I was busy with my work. But I got all emotional and backed off of that decision. Since then I've had this longing...for a man's touch, his warm embrace, his kiss, his whisper in my ear. I started feeling strongly attracted to almost every guy I saw (and at my campus, almost every last guy is far from unfortunate looking). Hell, I started feeling that longing for my ex-boyfriend. In the end, I've managed to shrug those feelings off for the time being. Late September, I got myself into a small college-related debt that my boyfriend insisted on paying for...saying that it's his money and he'll do whatever he wanted with it (which ended up paying that debt off). Now I feel as if that one act binds me to him, and more and more each day my feelings for him weaken. By no means is he a bad guy, and he isn't the type of person who'd use the situation with the debt as some sort of bind to him, but I can't help but feel that way...can't help to feel that I've used him.
  21. My husband just informed me today that he has $16,000 worth of credit card debt on cards that charge him 24% interest and that he's worried and stressed out about it because at that rate, he can't seem to get the balance to go down. This is just the latest in an eight and a half year relationship where it seems I'm always coming to his financial rescue. When we first met, I rescued him from his modest living conditions. He had lost everything he had to a fire at the home he was renting. He had not carried insurance so he couldn't afford to replace anything. He came to my house after our first date and basically never went home. We married six months later. I bought "us" a new car, added him to my credit cards… he settled right in. Less than two years later, he quit his job to take another, better job. I was all excited because I thought that the financial burden would finally be off me. But within two weeks he decided this new job wasn't really what he wanted to do. So he decided that since he didn't have a job at the moment, he'd go into business himself as a photographer (his new found passion). In the meantime, I supported him and made his child support payments for him and went into debt because I couldn't afford to support all of us on my salary. After nearly a year of that, he went back to work at his old job. So we were back where we started only this time I had accumulated $30,000 in debt (roughly the equivalent of his missing salary that year). Since then, he has been trying to keep his photography business going (it's been 6 years and last year was the first time he didn't have a net loss for the year) on the side but has been irresponsible in his spending by buying every do-dad and gadget available for his cameras. I've taken out home equity loans, refinanced my house, and when I was laid off two years ago I withdrew my retirement to pay off debt (loosing nearly half of it in the process from penalties and taxes)… each time getting us out from under loans and credit card debt because he has a problem with spending. Now it's happened again. Another $16,000. When I met him, I had a small mortgage and a little leftover debt from my first marriage. We still live in the same house I had then, but the debt I'm in personally has nearly doubled from bailing him out so many times. And, my retirement fund and savings account are gone. I keep waiting for some sort of reciprocation on his part, but it never seems to happen. Last time I checked, the husband was supposed to be the provider. Am I a fool for ever believing he would support me at some point? Am I wrong for feeling taken advantage of? Have I been a idiot for letting myself get in this situation? My first husband disrespectfully helped himself to my inheritance after my parents died. It eventually led to me divorcing him. It was a horrible, ugly divorce that took two and a half years to finalize and it still creates turmoil in my life today. I don't want to go thru that again, but this can't go on. I don't have anymore tricks up my sleeve to save him/us from financial ruin. The first of our 3 children will be expecting to attend college next fall but we won't have any means to pay for it. Feeling like a doormat.
  22. Many of you may know that, although we've had the odd sticky patch, the first 15 years of our marriage have been good. We hit a bad patch in early 2004 and have recovered to some extent. One of the things that is stopping us from being happier as a couple and as individuals is lack of money. We are heavily in debt and if things carry on exactly as they are, eventually we will lose the house and it is unlikely that I will ever be able to retire. Apart from the worry of debt itself, there's the issue of not having "splash" money. For example, we haven't had a vacation since Dec 2003 when we went to Paris. Incidentally, please don't pass on advice about debt counselling, remortgaging, etc, etc because we've been there, designed the T-shirts and written the screenplay for the film. I'm also finishing off a book, which will give us an income boost and I'm looking at other options to increase my income. More than practical help, I need advice on how we can cope with the emotional side of being broke. Any ideas?
  23. hi everyone. well im really embarrassed about this issue...but today when i came home my dad asked me about how much credit debt i have, and he asked because he saw my statements. I have around 9K in credit debt and honestly no one knows because i am so ashamed of it. I honestly have no fast way of paying this off because i can only work part time making around $750 a month. I can't explain how much stress I am feeling with this, school, famlily, etc. I am now getting severly depressed and I really want to be open about this with my boyfriend but I am scared that he would change his feelings about me. I don't know what to do...
  24. So I just got a call from this Army Wife that is stationed at my fiance's base and she's been helping me out with arranging rides pickign up from the airport and trying to find me a place to stay. She told me she asked and I can't stay in the lodging on base because I need a military ID... the fact that I"m his fiance dosen't count for anything.. or the fact that he was just seriously injured and could have died. I just want to see my fiance and they're seriously making it so so hard for me! I have to stay off base somewhere (i don't even know where) and then I have to find someway to get back and forth to the hotel and the hospital every day... which wouldn't be a problem if I coudl rent a car. But I'm only 21 and you usually ahve to be 25 AND I don't have a credit card because I got into a lot of debt adn cut them up once I paid them all off. Why do things have to be so hard? Can't anything just be easy?? I always believed in Karma but it just seems like this is alot of bad stuff happening to me, and I don't see hwat I did to deserve all of this. All I wanted was to marry my fiance, get down to Georgia and be a happy family and now everything is all messed up! I'm having a really really bad day.
  25. Hi all, I haven't been around here for a while, but I am so confused about my current situation, I felt I needed some quick advice. Currently I am working full-time as an office manager. The work is fine, nothing great, but I feel comfortable doing my work. The people in the office are ok, a few conflicts, but you gotta expect that with office politics. I am also studying my degree part-time by correspondence. I live in an apartment on my own. I am 22. I feel like I am stuck in a rut and am not sure how to get out! The money I am earning at the office is hardly enough to cover my expenses. Believe me, I have tried every type of budget you can think of and I just feel like I am constantly moving backwards... getting into credit card debt, debt with my family and my partner and generally getting totally bogged down. It is causing me to become totally depressed, because I am constantly struggling and I can never go out with friends for drinks on the weekend or anything! And I'm sure you all know that, all work and no play makes people turn mental!! It also turns out that I cannot afford my school books this semester which will probably result in me failing the subjects. I just don't know what to do... ask my boss for a pay rise, quit my job and find a better paying one or start waitressing at nights again?!?!? (which I had to stop doing because I was burning myself out!) Is anyone stuck in a similar rut??? Any advice on how to go about changing my situation?? I am committed to changing things... I have already organised to move in with a friend so that my expenses come down.... but this feels like it is becoming an emergency... before I begin the downward spiral into depression. Help!