Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'birth control'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• Relationships
    • Dating Advice
    • Relationship Advice
    • Infidelity
    • Online Dating
    • Friendship and Friends
    • Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender
    • Abuse and Violence
    • Long-Distance Relationships
    • Age Gap Relationships
    • Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend Relationships
    • Trust and Relationships
    • Marriage/Long Term Relationships
  • Breaking up and Divorce
    • Breaking Up Advice
    • Divorce Advice
    • Getting Back Together
    • Healing After Break Up or Divorce
  • Personal Growth
    • Personal Growth
    • Career, Money and Education
    • Grief Loss and Bereavement
  • Families
    • Parenting and Families
    • Pets
  • Health: Body, Mind and Spirit
    • Health: Body, Mind and Spirit
    • Suicide & Self-Harm
  • Sex and Romance
    • Sex and Romance
    • Pregnancy
  • Emotions and Feelings
    • Emotions and Feelings
    • Jealousy
  • Journals's Journals
  • Journals's Private Journals
  • Off Topic's Topics
  • Book Talk's Topics
  • Travel and Culture's Topics
  • Poetry, Prose, Art & Photography's Topics

Categories

• Abuse & Violence
  • Addictions
  • Adoption
  • Age Gap Relationships
  • Alternative Medicine
  • Astrology
  • Beauty & Fashion
  • Breaking Up
  • Career & Money
  • Dating
  • Depression
  • Divorce
  • Education
  • Exercise and Fitness
  • Food and Nutrition
  • Friendship and Friends
  • Grief Loss & Bereavement
  • Happiness
  • Health
  • Home and Living
  • Infidelity
  • LGBTQ+
  • Long-Distance Relationships
  • Marriage
  • Mental Health
  • News
  • Parenting & Family
  • Personal Growth
  • Pregnancy
  • Pets
  • Relationships
  • Religion and Spirituality
  • Self-Esteem
  • Sleep
  • Stress
  • Supplements and Vitamins
  • Toys & Games
  • Weight Loss & Diet

Categories

• Relationships
  • Career & Money
  • Parenting & Family
  • Dating
  • Breaking Up & Divorce
  • Marriage
  • Personal Growth
  • Self-Esteem
  • Grief Loss & Bereavement
  • Depression
  • Mental Health
  • Happiness
  • Health
  • Pets
  • Infidelity
  • Friendship and Friends
  • Love

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

1. Hey ya'll Can I take a multivitamin along with my birth control pill? Thanks Le-Lee
  2. Have any guys had trouble with condoms? My biggest issue is that one, too tight, two, can't really feel anything. I use these lamb skin ones and they are the only ones where I can actually feel something. If you have been reading my posts, its not like I have had sex recently cause of relationship issues. But I have had this problem sometimes where we are all hot and heavy and she makes me go get a condom. When I come back and ready to put it on, I loose my erection. Sometimes I have to masterbate to get it back up. Also I feel really ashamed cause she is laying there ready to go, but I have no erection cause it kills the mood. She won't go on birth control for various reasons, I have thought of getting snipped, but not really sure. Most women I have been with have been unprotected. I have been tested and thank god I am clean, but I am soo used to it. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, how do you get over it and just not let it bother you. I'm sure it must be common. Thanks
  3. Ok!! I'm on birth control. I've been on it for over a year now. I DON'T miss a pill if I ever missed a pill it was no more than ONE. I get freaked out easily and if I'm on top of anything it's my birth control. I was suppose to start my period this past weekend. But nothing ever happened. I saw LITTLE traces of what could have been blood, but it was not enough to tell me anything!!! So I'm kinda freaking out, I've already started on a new pack of birth control, so I won't start my period until next month. I didn't miss any pills at all last month at all. I know I'm stressing myself out about this, until I get a test, but could I be pregnant?
  4. I am considering getting an IUD device. My doctor doesn't like it because she says there is a small chance of causing infetility with it, but how big a chance is it really? I don't trust condoms and birth control pills disagree with me. I just got onto the depo-provera shot again, but I do notice a difference between no-shot and shot. My emotions and interest seem to have flattened out somewhat. So, that leaves the IUD... How big is the risk? Uncomfortable? I'd like to try something non-hormonal when my current shot wears off...
  5. I have been on birth control for over a year now and I was suppose to start my period over the weekend. I never got my period, just a barely noticiable spot of pink when I whiped, Some other times it was brown mucus looking stuff. I started on a new pack of birth control already, so I don't think i'll be able to get my period until next month. Could I be pregnant? It is really stressing me out, I won't be able to buy a PT until Sunday, So I'm trying to figure out if I could be pregnant or not.
  6. So I'm thinking of taking the pill, to help with my PMS. I heard yasmin was good. I read some side-effects of birth control and they sound really scary!!! exactly how common are the really bad side effects??? anyone have any bad past experiences? I don't know if it's worth the risks.
  7. A few recent threads have led me to write about this. I cannot believe how unreliable these things are. In my experience, they have broken on me and fallen off more times than they haven't. This is with different partners too. I've had sex over 500 times all up (5 different partners). Isn't it amazing that this flimsy piece of latex is supposed to protect you from life threatening diseases. I really hope that an STD pill is developed sometime in the near future. Condoms are terrible. If it weren't for the MAP and birth control pills, I'd probably have 4 kids by now. In case you are wondering...abstinence is not an option for me.
  8. I got out of the shower like 30 mins ago and i noticed a tiny drop on my nipple when i was gonna change. I assumed it was water but why still after i dried myself well. then I squeezed my nipple and white kinda clear liquids comes out i squeezed the other one and it looks like 6 tiny wholes on my niple that the liquid comes out from. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???? Don't tell me is milk. The amount that comes out is much less than when you pop a pimple. I know I can't be pregnant. because, I haven't had sex in almost a month and I was on birth control for like 6 months with my ex. Could be a reaction to me stopping the birth control? Because, i tooken birth control before and stopped and never noticed this. please someone tell me. if you had this im like freaking out now. Or could be that i went back to the gym and been having hard work out? please tell me this is not a sign of being pregnant. thank you for your hepl
  9. I have a question for you that is worrying me... i used to be on birth control a month ago and stopped taking them for a month. I just got over with my menstrual cycle and started them again last Sunday. So, it has been 4 days on BC. I had sex with my bf last night and was wondering if could get pregnant???? I am worried because i dont want to get pregnant and if i have to, i will go to planned parenthood and do something about it? but i wanted to ask you folks before i went there. what do you think? Would the BC have kicked in by day 4??? does it take weeks to actually work (i hope not)!!
  10. I had been thinking that I might like to, but now I know that I don't want to. My boyfrined doesn't want any more childern. (This will be our 2nd) I know that if I did it I would be really regret it. I not against using birth control after this one is born for sure. I don't want another baby anytime soon after this one. I guess I feel that I am pretty young to make a prement decision like that when I'm not really sure. (I'll be 27 on my birthday.)
  11. Ok, so I am about to make love for the first time with a wonderful woman, and we both decide to use birth control (for her) and condoms for me. However, I have never done this before, and I would like to know how do I find out which condom size is the right one for me? I also have a question on the woman's G-spot. How do I find the G-Spot and what is the best way to simulate it? By the best way I mean I would like to really really please her by simulating it if you know what I mean. Finally, I would like to maintain my erection for at least five minutes. However I've noticed that when I masturbate or get one in public, it doesn't last for very long. All I'm really asking is to be able to maintain an erection until the job is done, so any advice on that? Thank you all for your advice and help.
  12. Hello I have taken hormonal birth control for over 10 years, I have been wanting to get off of it for the past year. Due to a variety of reasons I went off my pill this month. Well, first off I like it alot, I am way hornier and in general I like not taking that pill every single day. Problem is, I don't want to get pregnant yet, mind you, it would not be the end of the world, I have a wonderful husband and we both have good jobs, but we both prefer to wait 3-5 more years. I don't want to get an IUD b/c my cooch is kind of picky as it is and I don't feel comfortable having a piece of plastic installed in me, especially in such a delicate area. So I've been considering doing a combination of natural birth control planning, by tracking my cycle and using an ovulation predictor combined with education on the subject. I grew up in a Catholic community and was taught the "rhythym method" by a teacher that had like 7 kids, but I think there is a way to do it where you can practically prevent pregnancy. Any one have any input, stories, experiences? Thank you
  13. My boyfriend and I started having sex about 8 months ago...roughly...we've been together 1.5 years total. At first, we had sex a lot. I only see him on weekends and normally we would have sex 2 or 3 times a weekend. On New Years, we had an issue where the condom broke (I'm not on birth control) and so I took the morning after pill a few hours later and I have since gotten my period...so I really do not think I am pregnant. Both him and I have been freaked out to have sex since this happened. I am planning on going on birth control, but I do not have much money (I am 20 and in college full time). I only get paid about 150 every 2 weeks. My bf and I did not know that Walgreens had the MAP OTC, so we ended up going to the emergency room (lol) to get it and the a-holes did not inform us that instead of paying 250 dollars, that we could go to the pharmacy down the street. My insurance does not cover emergency visits all that well. I have to pay 100 dollars plus whatever tests they do. I have not gotten the bill for this yet, but my bf said he would pay for it but I feel bad making him do that. Anyway, we haven't had sex in a while. We have been having oral sex, but I feel as though our intimacy has declined and I am feeling guilty for not being able to have sex with him. I feel this pressure to keep him sexually satisfied (this is not because of him---it is because of my own insecurities). I will probably go n birth control, but in the mean time I feel like we are lacking in the sex department. And he isn't all that romantic. We took a shower together and I thought it was very sexual, but he really is not that creative with sex. I need to be able to spice it up without having intercourse. How can I add romance to our "sex" life without having sex?? And why do I feel so guilty when he was also part of the incident on New Years??
  14. My girlfriend and I have recently been discussing different options for birth control and have been doing some research on the subject. We both agree that it's not a good idea for her to be on hormones for a long extended period of time and we both don't want children. I was just wondering if anyone here knows or has any first hand experience with the "essure" method. It sounds like it could be an option for us because we have also discussed surgical methods but neither one of us are completely sure at this point if we want to have an invasive procedure performed. If we did, I would probably be the one getting the surgery because it would be medically less complicated. Just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of potential drawbacks or benefits of nonsurgical sterilization for the woman. Thanks! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  15. Hey! Okay, I started birth control for the first time last Sunday...I ended up having sex this past week with my bf. We used condoms, except for once Would I still have a chance of being pregnant because I just started my birth control or what? I'm just a little confused. Nobody explained this too me...and I'm not about to let anyone in person do it either...
  16. Ok, so I had the Mirena IUD inserted January 3rd. Since then I have had a mild-moderate period. Somedays it is heavier than others. I was told to expect some spotting for the first little while, but it has been 2 weeks and I am still bleeding. Does anyone else have the Mirena IUD? Is this "normal" with an IUD? Should I be going back to the OB/GYN?
  17. Ok,i started taking birth control a few months ago,im on Yasmin. i never ever missed one and was always careful. Last saturday i had sex without condom and then missed my pil on sunday,but i took it at the same time (24hours later) on monday with mondays pill (so i took two on monday),and that was the last pill in the packet. i am now on my 7 day break, am i pregnant? tuesday was the first day of my 7 day break and i havnt gotten my period yet,and its thursday. im really worried because im only 17. can someone please write back quickly??im so freaked out. Oh, and if any of you are doctors i would really appreciate your advice!! thanks!! xxxx
  18. I've been with my gf for almost a year and a half. We were having great sex until a few months she has been uninterested and says she is either tired or not in the mood. When we do actually engage in sex, I am doing all the work. She told me she just got off of birth control and claims that it is causing hormonal changes and probably why she is not that into sex as much as she use to. Is that true? Can birth control affect a woman's libido? Well, its frustrating me and making me feel really unwanted and angry. She says she is in love with me and still finds me attractive. I asked her if she was interested in someone else or having an affair and she swears on our relationship it is none of the above. Plus, she doesnt give me reason to suspect any foul play. I dont know what to think and feel right now. Ladies, some insight on this problem please, thanks.
  19. I'm considering getting the coil fitted and was wondering if any of you with experience of this method of contraception could help answer a few questions: Can you feel it during sex? My partner and I enjoy, well, rough sex - he's quite large and can go very deep inside me. Is there any way this could mess with the IUD? Many thanks for reading
  20. Ok, to start off, me and my girlfriend have been dating for around 8 months now and have been having sex for the past 6 months. She is on birth control, and has been for the last 3 months but still has a wacky cycle. For the last little bit every once in a while we will do it without a condom, but make sure i put one on before i finish. She is away with her family for christmas right now, but when i talked to her today she said she was supposed to get her period today, and didn't. And she is a bit worried, but says she doesn't feel any different. Either of us are old enough/have the finances to support a child at the moment. Should I be worried for her? or is it common to be a couple days late if their cycles aren't totally regulated yet. All i know is she was earlier than her birth controls cycle last month and this month hopefully she's a bit later than normal? Again, should i be overly worried? Thanks for the advice in advance.
  21. jen77

Need Help!!!

My boyfriend and I was kissing and he start fingering me. I get on his lap and I start jacking him off. He put on a condom and he start fingering me again. We are about to have sex but I change my mind and I get off his lap and stand up. I start jack him off again till he cum and he still ahd the condom on. But now my period is five days. But when was doing this with him I was already two days late. I was wondering, what could make my period late?? And I am not on birth control. But I want to know why I am late??
  22. I've been seeing commercials about b.c. pills that let you have fewer periods. Of course I got all excited and I went on [url=" I thought the site was very informative. They don't advertise specific brands of b.c. though. So I'm wondering if they're gearing us up for a revolution in birth control? What do you guys think about this? Also I have a question. On the site I read that it is perfectly normal and safe for women to take 3 straight months of hormones and THEN take the placebos in order to have fewer periods. (It shocked me when I read that periods aren't any heavier after doing this But I thought that this could only be done with a mono-phasic pill - one that doesn't have fluctuating amounts of hormones. However I think most pills out there are tri-phasic, right? I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO which is tri-phasic. Should I worry about trying this method of postponing my period? Is the monophasic/triphasic thing a bunch of hooey? The site sure didn't mention any difference. I'd like to hear your thoughts on all this.
  23. so i know you all have answered this before i know the same thing comes up everytime about proper birth control and how any sperm can make some one pregnant but i am relaly freaking out, so i was just wondering if someone could please jsut give me an honest opinion your opinion of what you think that would be GREATLY appreciated ok so me and my girlfriend were fooling around the day after she got off her period and we were both masturbating i did not ejaculate AT ALL but i may have got a little bit of pre cum on my fingers and then fingered her i am pretty sure i wiped it off. i am almost positive i wiped it all off i really am. so with ovulation rules, even though i know everyone is different. but even if she ovulated at day 10, and the sperm lived for 5 days it still wouldnt be really possible would it... i mean i know there is a slight chance, but likely hood here? and if it was any day past 10-14 than the sperm could not live that long to fertilize an egg correct. if she had her period on november 19, and we messed around the novemeber 24. most likely there is a very slim chance correct? please just opinions thank you so much
  24. My gf went on the pill like 2-3 weeks ago. Officially she's supposed to wait a month i think before the pill is 99% effective. Everyone we've spoken to says 2 weeks is enough tho. I'm not sure why i'm posting this because for the sake of two more weeks I have no desire to risk getting my gf pregnant (we're 18 and in college). i guess i'd just like other ppl's input to out of curiosity. thanks!
  25. If you could generalize (I know sounds bad) what type of women in her 20's uses IUD? IntraUterine Device link removed This new girl I have gone out with a handful of times uses it. I haven't met any girls that use this type of birth control. All the girls I have dated have all used The Pill. We have had sex probably 10 or so times with condoms. I just want to get an idea about her and also make sure she is using this device. She said she only gets her period about 4 times a year and that doesn't seem consistent with using this. You can never be too careful these days. Thoughts appreciated.