• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 15 results

1. The question on your mind, and perhaps on the tip of your tongue, is "Do steroids make you horny?" It's a tantalizing topic that has stirred many debates, raising eyebrows, and provoking countless locker-room gossips. However, the answer isn't as straightforward or salacious as you might think. Let's embark on a journey, tackling the science behind the influence of steroids on sexual desire, and the myriad of ways these potent substances can affect your libido. I'll also be sharing a personal story, where a close friend found herself caught in a tumultuous sea of steroids and libido alterations. Understanding Steroids: A Quick Primer First, it's essential to clarify what we mean when we discuss "steroids." The term is often colloquially used to describe anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS), a group of synthetic substances that mimic testosterone, the primary male sex hormone. AAS is commonly associated with athletes and bodybuilders for their performance-enhancing capabilities. However, "steroids" can also refer to corticosteroids, a class of drugs used for their potent anti-inflammatory properties in the treatment of conditions like asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus. For the purpose of this article, we'll focus on anabolic-androgenic steroids, the testosterone-mimicking substances frequently implicated in discussions around libido alterations. But remember, this isn't just a simple A leads to B scenario. The relationship between steroids and sexual desire is as complex as the hormonal systems they interact with. Unraveling the Complexity: Steroids and Your Sex Drive Given that testosterone plays a significant role in sexual desire in both men and women, one might surmise that substances mimicking testosterone would naturally increase libido. However, the reality is much more complex. The effects of steroids on sex drive can vary, depending on a range of factors such as dosage, individual physiological differences, duration of use, and even the specific type of steroid used. These substances can potentially increase libido in some cases, yet equally, they might decrease or have no impact on sexual desire in other circumstances. Let's delve deeper. A good friend of mine, a fitness enthusiast, decided to experiment with steroids in a bid to enhance her performance. Early in her steroid use, she reported a noticeable increase in her libido, consistent with the idea that anabolic steroids can have a testosterone-like effect on sexual desire. It seemed to validate the claim that steroids could make you hornier. However, this phase didn't last long. As she continued to use steroids, her libido began to fluctuate wildly, and she started to experience periods of low sex drive, challenging the initial notion. It was a stark reminder that our bodies are finely tuned machines. They thrive on balance, and disrupting this balance, such as through the introduction of artificial hormones, can lead to unforeseen and often contradictory effects. Steroids and The Paradox of Hormonal Balance This paradox isn't just a peculiar one-off experience. It's deeply rooted in the complexities of the human endocrine system. The body's production of hormones is a tightly controlled process, functioning within a delicate feedback mechanism known as the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis. When levels of certain hormones rise, this axis signals the body to slow production, maintaining a precise balance. Ingesting anabolic steroids can cause an influx of hormones that resemble testosterone. The HPG axis interprets this increase and sends a signal to reduce natural testosterone production. When the body's natural production drops, it can lead to a host of unexpected outcomes, including changes in mood, physical appearance, and yes, libido. Highs, Lows, and Everything In-Between: The Impact of Steroid Use on Libido Initially, steroids can indeed boost libido due to their testosterone-mimicking properties. This increase often accompanies other short-term effects such as enhanced mood and energy levels. But, the key phrase here is "short-term". This honeymoon phase can quickly give way to less desirable consequences as the body attempts to recalibrate its hormonal balance. In the medium to long term, continued steroid use can lead to decreased natural testosterone production. This decline can manifest in reduced libido, a stark contrast to the initial boost. Moreover, the body's attempt to restore balance can result in mood swings, anxiety, and depression, all of which can further dampen sexual desire. My friend's experience aligned with this pattern, her initial increase in libido eventually giving way to periods of low sex drive and mood instability. The Aftermath: What Happens When You Stop? One might assume that these effects would simply reverse once you stop using steroids, but unfortunately, it's not that simple. The body's endocrine system can take weeks, months, or even years to recover fully. During this recovery period, users can experience a prolonged slump in libido, alongside other withdrawal symptoms like fatigue, restlessness, and depression. My friend experienced a roller coaster of emotions and physical changes during her withdrawal phase. While her libido gradually returned to normal, it was a challenging journey filled with a host of unexpected twists and turns. Steroids and Women: A Special Mention While this article focuses on the general effects of steroids on libido, it's important to note that these substances can have distinct effects in women. Women produce lower natural levels of testosterone than men, and introducing a testosterone-like substance can lead to a range of unique side effects, including changes in menstrual cycles, deepening of the voice, and increased body hair, alongside changes in libido. This is yet another layer of complexity to consider in the steroids and libido discussion. If you're a woman considering steroid use, be aware that these substances can cause a range of gender-specific effects, some of which may be irreversible. Concluding Thoughts: More Than Just Libido at Stake In the quest to answer the question, "Do steroids make you horny?", we've journeyed through a landscape of endocrine system intricacies, personal experiences, and complex realities. It's clear that steroids can influence libido in ways that are both surprising and unpredictable, defying simple explanations. More importantly, this journey highlights the complexity of our bodies and the potential risks of introducing potent substances like steroids without a thorough understanding of their impacts. Steroids can have a wide range of effects on our physical and mental health, extending far beyond changes in libido. As my friend learned through her experience, it's crucial to approach the use of substances like steroids with caution, informed awareness, and preferably under medical guidance. Our bodies are finely balanced systems, and what might seem like a simple solution to one problem can often introduce a host of new challenges. At the end of the day, sexual health and overall wellness are not standalone aspects of our existence. They are interwoven into the complex tapestry of our physical, emotional, and psychological health. Be sure to consider this interconnectedness when making decisions that could significantly impact your wellbeing. Recommended Resources 1. "Anabolic Steroids and the Athlete" by William N. Taylor, MD 2. "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits, and How Baseball Got Big" by Jose Canseco 3. "The Adonis Complex: How to Identify, Treat and Prevent Body Obsession in Men and Boys" by Harrison G. Pope, Katharine A. Phillips, Roberto Olivardia
  2. I went on the Progesterone only pill last week and its starting to make me INSANE!! There is no point on being on the pill if my boyfrined dumps me for being so irrational I was horrible to him last night, I am so lucky that he is such a patient, loving guy. Does anyone have any strange hippy teas or anything that I could take to stop being so emotional? Keeping in mind that St Johns Wort makes the pill less effective. Yep, so, any help would be very appreciated!!
  3. Hey all I might like to ask about a guy trying to initiate a conversation with a girl but couldn't because of some friend (usually female) talking with her and keeping her occupied like a wild chicken on steroids. So what is the best way to join into a conversation when a girl you want to talk to is busily chatting with someone else...without appearing impolite? And also, when the girl is in a group of girls madly chatting away, is "girl's chatter" that sacred, it must never be interferred with by a guy? This is because one of the biggest reasons why I keep missing "opportunities" is because of me not being able to talk to them enough before another guy hooks her up out of nowhere. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks.
  4. If one was taking Prednisone for an allergic reaction, will this mess with the affects of their birth control pills?
  5. I recently purchased some creatine protein shake mix. I was just wondering, are there any harmful drawbacks from creatine as with steroids? I have heard it takes oxygen away from the brain and supplies more to the muscles, later to find out that was not true. Then I heard that it simply pumps more water into your muscles, so water is much more of a necessity. Not sure about that one yet. I've always wanted to bulk up a bit more. I'm not small or self-conscious, just something I enjoy doing and it makes me feel good. I just want some bigger/faster results and I was wondering if this is a safe way to go. As far as I know all it is, is basically a big boost in protein, which helps with muscle mass and weight loss. Does anyone know anything else about this that would help me?
  6. I was sat watching the TV last night in my pjs and my shorts had ridden up, I looked at my thighs and noticed tiny little pink and purple veins, tiny broken veins on the surface. They are sporadically spread about, but nonetheless bothered me. My boyfriend was like "Where?!!" so its not like they stick out obviously, but when I pointed them out he was like "oh yeah.. alcoholics normally get them on their face!" So I googled em this morning, and they can be inherited or from oestrogen. I have only been on an oestrogen pill for a month! having previously taken Progesterone only pill for a year. My mum hasnt got these. Im really self conscious and upset about them!! Has anyone else got anything similar and what do you do?
  7. My eczema is getting bad and I just discovered the medication the doctor gave me could cause cancer. It's been out for awhile, but I just learned of it. The FDA has even put a black box warning on it. I'm probably not supposed to be on it long term use...but who knows. My dermatologist just said to try it and see how it worked. I'm feeling hopeless because many have told me there is no safe treatments. I can't take steroids because last time I did it ended up making me so itchy! I just feel so hopeless right now. I do not know of any websites that I can go to about this. SkinCell or whatever I was banned from because I got irritated because everyone tried to force me on the steroids and I did not want to go that route. I was banned for flaming or something...though they told me I was banned for having two accounts. One was very old and I didn't know the password to it anymore but I admitted to having two accounts. And they knew I could not access one. Whatever... So anyway...this is my next best option since I know a few of you active guys might know some stuff. What can I do? I have maybe slightly moderate eczema...but it will get a lot worse now that winter is here. How can I keep it from becoming out of control? I do not want to go to the dermatologist anymore unless I know for sure what sort of medications I want to be on. He just seems to stick me on some random drug. I don't know...I just would rather not be on some random drug he picks. Anyone know what's safe? Any more natural things I could use?
  8. Only a few people know about this, two close friends and now you. To start off, I'd been lifting weights for about 7 years, never tried any supplements other than protein, vitamins, and creatine. Well, a friend of a friend asked me if I used steroids, and I said no. He replied back that he has some and would sell them to me cheap, but I turned him down. Come on now, we all know theyre bad for you right? Well, curiosity got the better of me and I started reading up on them, and turns out health wise they are pretty safe in moderation, so I figured what the heck, I've been lifting for a long time, maybe I'll just see what the hype is about, they can't really be the miracle that ppl make them out to be can they? I started injecting 2x a week with the max recommended amount. By the 4th week, my strength was WAY up, I had gained almost 15lbs, my shirts and pantlegs were getting real tight, and was feeling/looking better than I ever had. I went and had my blood pressure taken, and it was higher than normal, but still pretty good. Heart rate was still normal, cardiovascular was good, I felt perfect. One of my lifting partners who was steroid free, who had always been stronger than me, was now on par with me. It was cool at first, but then something snapped. I cheated. Two more months of this and where would I be, 10-15 more lbs heavier, would I pass my friend up even farther? It seemed so easy, and noone knew! I hate cheaters, and I became one! All of these guys in here busting there asses to get shown up by me who gained more in a month than they do in a year! After I finished the 5th week I stopped. The steroids continued working for another 2 weeks, and during this time I felt fine, everything was fine! Round about the 3rd week, I started taking meds to get my natural testosterone production back up, anti-estrogens, etc. Couple my now low testosterone with breast cancer meds (synthetic engineered estrogens, and estrogen blockers), and I fell into a DEEP depression. I hated myself for cheating, and for the first time felt suicidal. It was a strange sensation, something I wont forget. I realize it was 'only hormonal', but WOW, I had no idea how big a role they play in mental health. Until this time, I believed everyone should be happy, that there is no reason why anyone would ever feel like commiting suicide. I now know different, and I hope and pray for each and every one of you that is going through this, for WHATEVER reason, that you can make it out of this, and your life WILL get back on track. DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!
  9. I have eczema...or supposedly. I'm going to be going to the dermatologist again on Friday and he will probably prescribe me something different. I have been on a steroid cream that I get to stop on Wednesday. I was supposed to take an oral steroid and I did not. But it doesn;t matter since I cleared up quite a bit on the cream alone. Some spots on my bottom are a little stubborn, but the redness is gone. I was wondering what medications are good and what to avoid before I go into my appointment. I don't want to get home and have some drug given to me I feel uneasy about taking. I know I don't want to take steroid again.
  10. Because it seems no one was replying to my questions in my last post. I've moved this to its own topic! I went to the dermatologost and seem to think I have eczema but isn't sure so he wants me to take fluocinonide (a steroid cream) and the some oral medications that contain steroid. I do not feel comfortable taking the oral medication. I still don't feel comfortable taking the cream...but I can't just not take anything and go back to the dermatologist to see how my skin reacted to it in 3 weeks. Someone on another board said that steroid creams will not do anything for me and that I must take the oral steroid as well (I'm scared to death of taking it!!!). So is a steroid cream not all that effective? I feel so stressed about this crap. And no one will give me any real advice on anything. >.
  11. Hee'all there, Hey. Like, it's not that I've not gotten advice, professional foot treatment, home-herb therapy, etc. for my foot. My foot has been healing, but still hurts and keeps me from doing the high-intensity aerobics I need to lose the 20 lbs I want to. (Hey, no laughing...I mean, I'm told that you can't tell I've gained 20 lbs, okay? ) Okay, okay. I'm doing light-impact aerobics, pilates, free weights, alternately. Anything other than recumbant bicycle hurts the d*** foot! Ouch! ..sorry Hey, does anyone have advice other than what I'm doing and have already tried? I don't want to go back to the podiatrist because he'll shoot my foot full of steroid and who needs this? Well, as last resort maybe. I'm doing Lobelia and Mullien decoction compresses, which are excellent in like reducing inflammation. So, anyone else have any more ideas? Gotta lose; gotta run; gotta go! Go! Go! Nerd #2, 11flower
  12. Well i have a friend that I have known for about 2 years now. When we met you could tell strait off that he migh be using some type of steroid. My other friends and I have actually discussed it and have confronted him on it. He first claimed that he NEVER did them, then he admited to using and injected type of steroid( like a needle with chemical in it). he seemed ueasy and hesitant to ever talk about it. I can easiy pick up on things like that. He said he used the steroids once when he was on his 7th grade football team. Now i can understand high school athletes and college BUT NOT middle schoolers using steroids. We asked him why in the world would a bunch of 7th graders use steroids. (After he was confronted on the issue he quickly said it was " the rest of the team too" " everyone did them, the whole team) WHY would 7th graders do steroids. We all found this a little hard to believe. My friends and I really wanted to know if he sounds like the person that would sue them. Compiled a list: 1. He has TOO much muscle, when we met him he was overlly muscular for a 13 year old. He was built like he was a major athlete.( played football since he was in 6th grade) 2: He was MUCH to aggresive when we first met him, signs that steroids might be in play. We worked with him until he settled down over a few months and became les aggresiv. 3: He was OBSSESED with his body and worried only about how muscular he was and how many people he could " BEAT UP" 4: He can bench 205 pounds when he is 15(only once though) but that may mean he just works out alot. 5: He changes his story on how he used steroids, first its NO, then yes i did, then he fogets sometimes and has to quickly recover by saying : oh yeah nevermind I did use them once". 6: Behavior is much to suspicious when it comes to steroid talk and conversation of that nature. 7: Many teachers at school thought he may have some type of aggressive problem and if you read about how steroids affect ANGER and decission making abilities it becomes clear that something may be UP. Well i really wanted to know if this makes him a PERFECT cantidate for a steroid user. He may not be he may. He is my friend and we are all worried about him. I want to know if there is a problem here or not
  13. Hello Ladies and gentleman, A quick question here, if you take steroids(Avanar in particular) for say a 12 week cycle then stop the roids completely, will you keep your gains or go back to your former physique if you don't continue with the steroids? Thanks.
  14. Hi, I would like to know is you've had any experences, good or bad, with creatine. I've heard lots of bad stuff about it, but ive hard a lot of good stuff about it to. The reason i am askin is because im a rower and the only reason i am, up until yesterday, in the 1st VIII (top crew) is because i have a pretty good technique. However for those of you who dont know much about rowing, being large is essential. Im only 65kg and am aiming for round 70-72kg. My friend and i were both going to take it. but my friend doesnt want to take it any more because when we looked into it there are alot of people claiming it has bad side effects however none of these have been proven to be caused by creatine and there are also alot of people claiming it works. Creatine is not a steroid and is not illegal. Could someone please help tell me there experences.
  15. I don't know what to do, I just discovered that my fiance likes to watch at muscular women on the internet. Not just fit, the kind that are so buffed that they look like men (must be because of the steroids). I would understand if he liked to look at normal stuff like Playboy, etc. But this, I just cannot see what turns him on! Is it a sickness? A fetish? It is just sooooo weird for me. I feel like he cheated on me