• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Found 7 results

1. Hi I posted a few days ago about being worried about my upcoming MRI. I get the results tommoro. I was just wondering has anyone ever woken up with tingling in their hands and a feeling like their pinky fingers are double jointed. I've been getting tingling in places ranging from my feet to hands. Please respond if you've experianced anything like this.
  2. I have an MRI scheduled for tommoro to examine possible causes of the sore spot on the top of my head. Also my Dr. was concerned when I told him my foot and calve had been tingling alot lately (almost all the time). I was just wondering if anyone had the symtoms I have and been diagnosed with anything? I'm very nervous this is something serious I just don't feel right.
  3. Ok here gos. Me and my lovely wife have been trying for a child for some time, she had nonmilingent cancer of the liver last year and had 1/8 of her liver taken out. Which has mean she feels a lot better and after 9 mouths happy once more to try for a Child. Part of her cheack ups are MRI scans where they inject some thing into your blood, well 8 days ago she had one just befor what she felt would be her Pireade. Befor we did the MRI scan she did a pregnance test and it was necative. Well she was late and tonight was good becouse we had some good news until she told me she had had another pregnance test and this time Positive. Which means my wife had the scan and she must have been pregnant Now im worred i have been looking things up on the web and its all bad. Any one have any help or info for me and my wife. Spugly
  4. Has anyone here had a lateral meniscus tear? Or a tear that didn't show up on your MRI?
  5. Hey everyone.. I am 17 years old and I play soccer and softball year round. I was taken out in a soccer match last November (2005), and my knee has hurt since then.. It's on the outside right around the meniscus/ligament area. I'll get shooting pains in it and it can hurt to walk on it... WHen I play if I fall or get taken out, it hurts worse. Then on the drive home, it KILLS I get horrible pains right in that area, it just makes it soo difficult to drive... I got an MRI in March and they said there was nothing on it... Though the guy who did my MRI said there was extra fluid in there. But the doctor said that is wasn't anything not normal.. We were suspecting a meniscus/cartilage tear since it's in that area... Any suggestions? Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
  6. (There ARE a couple of questions at the end of this narration, so please read this whole post...) So, I think it's safe to describe myself as having an attachment disorder, and my domestic patner as sort of a hypochondriac with some selfish and some codependent tendencies...Wonderful combination for a romantic relationship, huh? This weekend has been one of the worst in the past several months. My partner's mom died on october 2004, and due to my own emotional scars surrounding my parents' deaths when I was a little kid, I took her death REALLY hard. Now, the anniversaries of her admission to the hospital (early october) and her death (late october) are coming up, and I have been doing what I can to avoid remembering these anniversaries, but without success. Needless to say, I have been feeling as desperate and depressed as I was last year while partner's mom was still alive but dying. It also doesn't help that I seem to have the symptoms of attachement disorder. I completely dread partner's absense for too long a period of time (for example, if either of us were to travel by ourselves, or if there's a disruption in our weekly routine and we end up not doing anything together durign the weekend). And I can get really jealous of his friends and family...I'm a little too possessive with him, I guess.... My partner's best friend invited him to see a football game with him today, and as he needs to be more social, the rational part of my mind says that it was more than OK for partner to accept the invite, etc. Well, he was gone since 11AM (to secure a parking space near the stadium) and came back at 7:30PM tonight (game went to OT). That's most of the day! And he had tried to make it sound like he would be back soon after 4PM.... I had been a little angry at him for going, but before he left I told him to have fun, etc., and even gave him a "forgiving" hug and kiss. Most of the time he was gone, I was trying to occupy my mind so I wouldn't be looking at the clock so much, and I was mostly successful, I think...But as soon as he came back, I got angry again, and showed it by avoiding eye contact with him while he said "hi". I also resented the fact that instead of "I'm sorry I'm so late, but the game lasted longer than expected", or "how are you feeling right now?" (he's fully aware of my issues), he goes like "I'm not feeling well. I think I need to go to the hospital".... So I was like, "Ok, if you need to go to the hospital, then go!" So he stormed out of the house. Not sure if he went to the hospital, or the "crisis center", which is where he usually goes to vent whenever he feels overwhelmed, or if he feels I'm being unfair or something.... Now, he tends to be a mild hypochondriac...But lately, he's been obssessing more than usual about his health. He went to the dr last week with a complaint of vertigo, and the dr said he should get an MRI. So, after googling his symptoms, my partner decided that he probably has a cancerous brain tumor...I guess it's possible that his vertigo is an indication of something serious, but honestly my usually pretty accurate psychic-like intuition (I foretold his mom's death, among other things) tells me that his condition is not serious or life threatening. When he gets an MRI this coming week, my intuition will either be confirmed or denied, so we'll see....But...partner had an MRI (for something unrelated) earlier this year, and there was nothing abnormal with his brain. So, I think it's highly unlikely that he really has a tumor... Still, he is worried, and I should have been more supportive of him. But instead, I was angry and resentful...So I'm feeling really guilty. Was I too harsh with him? Should I give myself a break, given my own issues? If any of you have had experiences similar to mine, how have you handled them? What has worked for you, and what hasn't? I hope some of you might be able to help with some advice. (Btw, I am already going to see a therapist, but talk therapy is slow work, so I don't expect immediate results from it...)
  7. Alright...I have knee problems so i went to the doctor to check it out, and he did what he does, and then told me that i would have to get an MRI to further diagnos what was wrong with them. Thats all good with me, but I havent ever had an MRi and I was just wondering what to expect, so I'm not shocked when i go in there. So if anyone out there has ever had an MRI, it would help greatly to hear your experience. Thanks