Sympathies to the people of Asia

Our deepest sympathies to those in Asia who have lost loved ones in the tidal waves. As many of you know, a large earthquake occurred in the ocean on Sunday causing massive tidal waves to strike the coasts. Nearly 21,000 people have lost their lives in Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia, Bangladesh, and other countries.

Please think about those who have lost family members during this holiday season.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you would would like to help can contact your local disaster relief organizations or the Red Cross. They can direct you to their most pressing needs for help. This is a disaster of epic proportions covering many nations so relief organizations will be stretched very thin trying to help everyone.

I saw the devestation on the news yesterday and I was in utter disbelief. All I could do was count my blessings.

My heart also goes out to those who know or have lost someone over there. May the Lord be with you tonight.

Sometimes I doubt You,

Because You would allow something to happen to me that I felt I didn't deserve.

But then I realize You would never give me anything I couldn't handle. ~qd

If I think about the damage nature can do to us, the illnesses we die of on this earth, and all other things that we can't control... it makes me terribly sad that next to that people are still killing each other in wars. Isn't it enough that we can't control the earth we live on?

My deepest sympathy and regret for those who lost family and friends, for those who lost their homes, their work, their possessions. For those who are injured and traumatized for life.

I hope that I can encourage everyone here to donate some money. Here in my country there are special accounts to donate. Every little bit helps to supply these countries with extra medical devices, doctors, emergency hospitals and medicins. At this moment there is a risk of cholera breaking out due to lack of clean drinking water.

I have close friends living in the South of India and in Indonesia. God be with them in these days.

Ilse.