Ok, so I've been with my girl for around 3 months now, and the thing is - whenever I mention that she is my g/f (which she is) around parents - they are always like "nahh girlfriend? you mean just a friend" or most of the time "No, not a girlfriend - she is just a friend" I don't think they think I am old enough to handle this kind of things. I am doing fine in school and all and yet they place negative comments against me having a g/f. I'm only 15 but I know my limits of what I can do and what I can't do. This is something that I KNOW I CAN DO.

Suggestions..?

Have they had "the talk" with you about girls?

Maybe you should just tell them openly how you are spending your time with this girl. Their imagination might be running away with them....

Have they met her? Ask them if you can have her over for dinner sometime. Include them in some of your plans. It might sound uncool, but I'm 34 and I am always looking for ways that my mom can spend time with my gf, and vice versa.

maybe your 'rents are just having a hard time believing thier son is old enough to date....

is it friendly banter? Maybe they are just messing around with you, kidding?

I think if you take them aside and let them know that you do have feelings for this girl and would appreciate it if they don't talk down about it, they will probably apologize and be cool with it.

Give it a try!

i agree with hope75. somtimes parents mess around with their kids, and sometimes in doing so inadvertantly say things that may cause problems. The simplest and most likely most effective solution would be to bring it up with your parents-privately of course- a public battle of wits wouldnt be of much use.

a couple of tips:

Sit them down and basically speak your mind.

Ask open ended questions that would help u gain a better understanding of why they make comments.

State the facts that you are sure of. (

This is something that I KNOW I CAN DO.
)

that should clear up some lines of communication, and allow for a good conversation with ur rents. (as odd as that may sound)

ok, I'm a mom...and I have a 15 year old daughter...

she is very well aware that I do not approve of her having a "boyfriend" at such a young age. I don't mind if she goes out with people, even gentlemen her age, but I don't feel that she should be tying herself down to one person and things should be very casual.

I set these limits so that her heart stays protected and she learns that there are all sorts of different and intersting people she will meet in her life, and knowing them will help her make her choice of someone truly special when the time is right. Plus she gets to go out and have more fun and become better socially.

I have a feeling your parnts might be not so sublly hinting to you that they don't approve of you having a "girlfriend"...for the same reasons I choose to limit my daughter...

If you want to continue to have a specific girlfriend, then if I were you, I'd just play along with mom and dad and call her a "friend" around them...why start a battle that at 15, you won't win...esp. if they don't want you seeing someone exclusively.