Away from loved ones for the holidays

Hello again all. I know I'm not the only one in this situation. I will be away from my family and friends for this holiday season. Luckily, my boyfriend is coming for New Year's, but it doesn't take away the sadness of being away from those I love and care about during this time. For those of you who don't know, I'm living overseas.

I know I'm not alone in this, as I know some of you either are in the military or have loved ones in the military. Quite frankly, the holidays are very difficult when you are so far away. It makes me remember just how important my family is to me.

This post wasn't meant for advice so much as it was meant to let you know you are not alone if you are unable to see your loved ones for the holiday. For those of you who are in the same situation as me, let's support each other through what might also be a difficult time for you. This season is one of the most comforting times of the year, yet it can also be one of the most depressing... for anyone.

Hang in there.

hey,

I hope you get through this rough time and have a ok christmas, just try to make the best of it.

I know how you feel, i'm in a long distance relationship so i either go away and spend the christmas with my boyfriend or i stay at home with my dad, my dad doesnt really celebrate christmas so staying at home would probs not be the best thing to do... but i dont really want to leave my dad alone!!! argh! so confusing ! anyways yeah like i said its just something that we have to try and cope with, if anyone needs support i'm here!

Good luck!

Take_the_reins xxx