I really dont know whether i am wasting my time or not about this bloke i like. I have recently but not too recently came out of a relationship with a bloke who treated me like dirt anyway there is this knew bloke that i like so i got his number and i texted him and told him i liked him.

I knew he was going out with this girl but i had heard that they had broken up awhile ago but when he text me back he told me that he was still with his girlfriend and that he was happy, fair enough i thought, but iv also heard that she has cheated on him by a friend of hers and that she isnt faithfull to him but he doesnt know ( and im not gonna tell him!) Anyway awhile ago we was just texting eachother and he sounded like he was really interested which made me really happy as i do kind of like him alot.

Any way i didnt hear from him for awhile which is fair enough and then he text me saying he didnt want us to text for awhile because he loves his girlfriend too much, but sorry some of the thingd he was saying to me in the messages i really dont think his girlfriend would want to read them!! He said he will get in contact with me when they break up and he has also said that he likes me but doesnt want to lose his current girlfriend which i do understand.

I just want to know if you think he is worth waiting for cause we do sound like we have a lot in common etc but that is just over messages. i do like him a lot and i dont want to give up on him just because of his g/f that cheats on him! but i am willing to leave him alone if he wants. But he still texts me every now and again so he is really confusing me!!!! I dont really want to talk to my friends about as i know what they think and i know they are right he has a girlfriend so i should leave him to it but i cant help it!

i dont know what to do. please help sorry if i have gone on alot. please help. x

If you really like this guy and feel you should wait for him to get out of the relationship with his girlfriend, you may do so, but when you do wait, you can only be his friend and nothing more. You understand that he is currently in a relationship with someone even if she does cheat on him, the relationship still exists. Soon he will find out that she is cheating on him and possibly call it off with her. He did say he will contact YOU if things doesn't go to well with the relationship he is in. Even him saying that, is pretty much telling you that his relationship is not going to last because his faith in his relationship is pretty much slim to none. My advice to you is while you are "waiting" or whatever, explore other things. Maybe you will find a guy that you like more than him.

Just from another guys perspective,

If his g/f is cheating on him and you know, you are DEFINATLEY doing the right thing in staying out of it- leave it to him, his friends etc. to tell him, and from the sounds of things he may suspect anyway. If he likes you and given that the situation with his current g/f is rocky, he would break up with her, but be sure that he isn't just using you as a 'second option', like hes leading you on because you deserve better than that i'm sure.

If he does end up splitting with his g/f and going to you, BEWARE. Yes he may be a really nice, sincere guy but even he might not realise that all he'd be looking for would be to use you as a shoulder to cry on, even tho he doesn't intend for things to happen this way. I have been on the recieving end of a rebound relationship and I still find it hard to get over her. From what you say he may suspect his g/f is cheating but is trying to stay with her anyway, this means that he has strong feelings for her and be prepared that if they break up he may take some time (more than you realise!) to get over her, so maybe just be there for him at that stage but try not to get involved too deep until you know where hes really coming from (which you'll soon figure out by if he does things like talk about his ex, remains distant to you etc etc).

Just my opinion.