He Said He Loves Me.. But How Can He???

cassandra

Ok I've been chatting with a guy that I met on a personals website for about a month now. We are get along really well and are getting ready to meet in person which I am happy about. The only thing is today when we were talking he said he Loved me. I said to him that he couldn't love me because he doesn't know me in person yet. He didn't freak me out or anything I just don't understand how you can say you love someone with out knowing them in person.

Does anybody think it's weird that he said he loved me?. If anything he's left me a little confused about it.

*cassandra*

He can't love you.. He can be in love with the idea of you though.. but without truly knowing you face to face and how you react around and with him he just is being codependant

I know that I and I even told him that. But don't you think it's strange that he said it?.

*cassandra*

Hi,

I think he is just very interested in you and feels close to you. Of course both of you won't know just how attracted you are to each other ( and compatible) until you meet face to face. He probably said he loves you because the feeling is so much like love---he cares for you.

Maybe he wants to be in love ?

Be careful and have fun.

Yes, be careful Cassandra. I hope he is just feeling very good about your relationship, and that's all he meant.

But like funtobearound said, some people are codependent (I'm a recovering codependent) and they don't know their boundaries. Codependent people depend on others to bring them happiness and worth in their lives. They need you to need them.

So if you meet up and start a relationship, be careful of him doing things that seem inappropriate (he wants to be with you ALL the time or he gives you expensive gifts). If so, you will have to put up firm boundaries, so that YOU can feel comfortable.

If he doesn't react well to boundaries (pouting, being revengeful), then that is not a good sign.

• 3 weeks later...

Cassandra,

How did meeting this guy go? Did you get to meet him? If so, is this going well?

I met someone like that. This guy is a charming and persuasive character. He is a worldly character. He knows how to charm women and somehow get what he wants. If this man is much older than you, you ought to get advice from someone who's lived longer and may help you understand what all is going on.

If you like this guy, I'd take the advice from everyone. You can't be too careful until you know a person and after a time has passed.

How is it going?

Best wishes,

11Flower

I'd just like to say thankyou to everyone who gave me advice.

11flower

If you like this guy, I'd take the advice from everyone. You can't be too careful until you know a person and after a time has passed.

How is it going?

Well as of last week we/I called things off between us. A number of things factored. The main one was our work times clash. I work afternoons starting at 6pm and finishing at 1-2am in the morning 6 days a week, While he is starting work at 2am and finishing at 2pm. It just wasn't going to work. I haven't spoken to him scince. I guess it doesn't look as though we can be friends either.

Anyways thankyou

cassandra